Look, I'm thrilled they are doing so great and won the world cup again! But then they jumped up and down about money and demand the same as the men get.

1st off - Just like the NFL, NBA, MLB and every other professional league - they need to MAKE MONEY and sell tickets! If not, teams even move from one city to another, has happened in every major sport I know. And as revenue goes up, commercial costs go up, then so does the ability to make more money from the teams.

2nd - the team you're on needs to be successful Success = more tickets, more sales of anything inside the stadium, then the ability to sell other things & increase revenue.

And when this all happens, then they will pay more money.

But if your league or your team only make a certain amount, and revenue brings in "so much", then they will pay accordingly - like every other league.

Well, I know you will say the first thing I thought then - the women have been spectacular while the men have stunk it up for awhile.

And that is precisely why the women have MADE MORE MONEY!!

---

The U.S. Women’s Soccer Team Actually Makes More than the Men’s Team

An open letter from the president of the U.S. Soccer Federation, reveals information that turns the “equal pay” debate on its head. According to the report, not only has the women’s team been paid more than the men, but they’ve been paid more while losing millions of dollars in the process.
U.S. Soccer President Carlos Cordeiro released a letter on Monday stating his organization’s position that the U.S. Women’s National Team is not underpaid despite the cacophony from those braying for “equal pay” for the women.

“Over the past decade, U.S. Soccer paid our Women’s National Team more than our Men’s National Team,” Cordeiro said in his letter. “From 2010 through 2018, U.S. Soccer paid our women $34.1 million in salaries and game bonuses, and we paid our men $26.4 million — not counting the significant additional value of various benefits that our women’s players receive but which our men do not.”

“From 2009 through 2019 — a timeframe that includes two Women’s World Cup championships — the Women’s National Team has earned gross revenue of $101.3 million over 238 games, for an average of $425,446 per game,” the soccer chief added, “and the Men’s National Team has earned gross revenue of $185.7 million over 191 games, for an average of $972,147 per game.”

But that is not all Cordeiro had to report to soccer fans. According to the federation’s accounting, the women’s team lost a ton of money even as the players were paid more than the men.

“More specifically, WNT games have generated a net profit (ticket revenues minus event expenses) in only two years (2016 and 2017). Across the entire 11-year period, WNT games generated a net loss of $27.5 million,” Cordeiro reported.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...han-mens-team/