Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    over here
    Posts
    9,538
    Thanks (Given)
    3902
    Thanks (Received)
    3952
    Likes (Given)
    1775
    Likes (Received)
    1230
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15020935

    Default Agenda 21 - road diets

    Another reason to be worried about this

    AGENDA 21 ROAD DIETS IN CALIFORNIA FIRE LIKELY CAUSED DEATHS—DEATH TRAPS IN PARADISE

    11/21/2018
    7 Comments


    In January 2015, the road through Paradise, CA was narrowed, put on a “road diet” in a typical Agenda 21 redesign of the small town’s main street. You’ve seen this in your town too, when the four lane main streets are restricted to two lanes, one in each direction, with bike lanes and bulb outs at corners and mid block. They call it Smart Growth and Complete Streets.

    On November 8, 2018, evacuating residents were bottlenecked at these central locations where the streets were the only way out. Some died in their cars.

    Besides inadequate forest management, removal of fire roads, and dry landscape gardens in rural areas, these Agenda 21 road diets were likely Death Traps in Paradise.

    But don’t just take my word for it. Read it in the Los Angeles Times, which would never publish an article about Agenda 21 unless it was a smear, or in this case, unless the Times didn’t realize that it was Agenda 21.
    https://www.latimes.com/local/califo...120-story.html

    Yes, this is what happens when ideology collides with reality. This is UN Agenda 21 in action. Not a conspiracy theory but a conspiracy fact. This is how you get people out of the rural and suburban areas and into the dense city centers. SMART GROWTH. THE WILDLANDS PROJECT. This is how real community is destroyed. THIS IS UN AGENDA 21.


    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.


    George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

  2. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    9,764
    Thanks (Given)
    4229
    Thanks (Received)
    4493
    Likes (Given)
    4496
    Likes (Received)
    2779
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20260623

    Default

    I've been saying for years that if for whatever reason, truckers felt it unsafe or were just unable to deliver food to cities, it wouldn't take long before anarchy would break out in those cities. People would literally be killing each other over the last scrap of food, and those trying to ESCAPE the city would quickly find all roads OUT, BLOCKED. They would be STUCK where they're at, and probably to perish.

    I actually find it odd how people that live in cities don't realize how precarious their situation is. If the shit ever hits the fan, they're probably dead, simply from the lack of the most basic means to survive, FOOD and WATER.

    You couldn't get me to live in a city again. I hate even having to go a city, or even have to drive through a city, I hate them with a passion.


  4. Thanks Elessar, SassyLady thanked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mouth of the Rogue River, Oregon USA
    Posts
    9,585
    Thanks (Given)
    8103
    Thanks (Received)
    7924
    Likes (Given)
    1479
    Likes (Received)
    1559
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19808627

    Default

    I was raised in a small West Virginia town of 5,000.

    Uncle Sam sent me to NYC and Los Angeles.

    Then I spent many years in the Pacific NW. One thing I noted was city folk
    generally do not know how to fend for themselves. Put a country boy in the city,
    and he will adapt and get along fine. Put a city boy out in the sticks and he will struggle.
    Last edited by Elessar; 08-04-2019 at 11:16 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

    A Deplorable!

  6. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    9,764
    Thanks (Given)
    4229
    Thanks (Received)
    4493
    Likes (Given)
    4496
    Likes (Received)
    2779
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20260623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I was raised in a small West Virginia town of 5,000.

    Uncle Sam sent me to NYC and Los Angeles.

    Then I spent many years in the Pacific NW. One thing I noted was city folk
    generally do not know how to fend for themselves. Put a country boy in the city,
    and he will adapt and get along fine. Put a city boy out in the sticks and he will struggle.
    The little town I live in now has a population of about 1,400. Not a stop light anywhere in sight, not any in 3 of the 4 towns in the four directions leading out of here, and three of those towns are half the size of this town, and that's the way I like it. My family has had a presence in this area since around 1840, and although I didn't grow up and graduate from here, I've been coming here my entire life to visit relatives, and we owned a lot of land around here, had a cabin here, hunt and fished here, but I settled here in '88 when I got out of the Air Force, and after living in Tampa, I just fell in love with it. Couldn't imagine living anywhere else. Even if the local grocery store did run out of food, with sharing of resources out here in tiny town, we'd ALL be able to survive, but we couldn't take in a bunch of city slickers and feed them. That's where the trouble would start. I know damn well the vast majority of people that live around here would defend our little chunk of America with deadly force to preserve what we have for ourselves. We're the ones that chose to live here, it's ours. Someone chose to live in a city, stay there and suffer the consequences of your decision to live there.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-05-2019 at 06:52 AM.

  8. Likes SassyLady liked this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA, Southern
    Posts
    24,783
    Thanks (Given)
    28089
    Thanks (Received)
    16018
    Likes (Given)
    1978
    Likes (Received)
    1701
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I've been saying for years that if for whatever reason, truckers felt it unsafe or were just unable to deliver food to cities, it wouldn't take long before anarchy would break out in those cities. People would literally be killing each other over the last scrap of food, and those trying to ESCAPE the city would quickly find all roads OUT, BLOCKED. They would be STUCK where they're at, and probably to perish.

    I actually find it odd how people that live in cities don't realize how precarious their situation is. If the shit ever hits the fan, they're probably dead, simply from the lack of the most basic means to survive, FOOD and WATER.

    You couldn't get me to live in a city again. I hate even having to go a city, or even have to drive through a city, I hate them with a passion.

    Truth.. Too much truth for many to accept it..
    I have always loved that Hank Williams song, since I was born and raised a -- "countryboy" myself. -- -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

  10. #6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    9,764
    Thanks (Given)
    4229
    Thanks (Received)
    4493
    Likes (Given)
    4496
    Likes (Received)
    2779
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20260623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Truth.. Too much truth for many to accept it..
    I have always loved that Hank Williams song, since I was born and raised a -- "countryboy" myself. -- -Tyr
    Yep... especially the part where he says... "ya can't starve us out and ya can't make us run."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Debate Policy - Political Forums