Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
I'm bitching. I want to know. Did Congress actually give the State Department that money and so it's just sitting there where eventually it will be stolen or lost, or was this just another situation where Congress basically said "yeah we're gonna spend this money on this" but then actually never gave the agency any money?

Which actually brings me to another pet peeve. I hate the way Congress can play word games like that. Allocate the money and then never actually give it to the agency and be like "oh we allocated the money, not sure why it didn't get done" because people don't understand the word games Congress plays, but that's another topic entirely.
I used to care, if you want just search and you'll find. I can't be bothered. Few care about deficits. Everyone is for their own idea of best projects for a 'win.' It's the new game and not going to change. I think Trump will win, but if he doesn't, no more money diverted for wall and we know it won't go to back to the military. It will disappear to maybe planned parenthood or something else.

The deficits will mount and the only ones talking about it will be the party out of power. They don't care either, they just hope someone that does will vote for them the next time.