Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

A deal was close, but Trump wanted the credit, so he wanted them for a secret meeting in the US. Of course we weren't ready, the meeting leaked, the Taliban leaders got spooked and Trump used a scapegoat to get out of it. They've been bombing shit for years.
    Last edited by pete311; 09-09-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    A deal was close, but Trump wanted the credit, so he wanted them for a secret meeting in the US. Of course we weren't ready, the meeting leaked, the Taliban leaders got spooked and Trump used a scapegoat to get out of it. They've been bombing shit for years.
    I think you're wrong on this. The Taliban has been stepping up their attacks for about a month. Purposefully showing what's going to happen when US is gone.

The whole Camp David things was the worst of the worse. Taliban at Camp David, 3 days before 9/11? Anytime really, just stupid.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think you're wrong on this. The Taliban has been stepping up their attacks for about a month. Purposefully showing what's going to happen when US is gone.

The whole Camp David things was the worst of the worse. Taliban at Camp David, 3 days before 9/11? Anytime really, just stupid.
    Stepping up yes, but they haven't stopped attacking, so why were recent attacks the cause of the negotiations to fail. Of course we know the answer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Stepping up yes, but they haven't stopped attacking, so why were recent attacks the cause of the negotiations to fail. Of course we know the answer.
    First the stepping up. The bridge too far? Admitting they were doing it to force the great satan to be weakened. Pretty well works if we withdraw with their resuming where they were 9/10/01.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

The only mention of Trump tingles were deserved. If I'm hit with 'CNN' shit and someone that just goes "Yup, yup, yup! You be bad, no likey Trump!" Yes, I'll hit back for their stupidity and their antisemitism. It's deserved.

Your schedule isn't under my control, so threads develop as their wont.

Pretty certain I didn't mention Pakistan, so not sure about that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    As I read it Gunny wasn't "attacking" you , he was bitching about a few others. I won't name names.
    I didn't see the point to the nastiness in some of the responses to your opinion @Kathianne, just to clarify. I don't recall the opinion you expressed nor whether or not I agreed with it, just that I thought the response was a bit over the top.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    My God the sheer stupidity of so many Americans is almost too much to bare. Kath I don't know how you can not agree that we need a purge LOL

Over on another board right now, there are at least 50 posters screaming about "Trump wanted to ban Muslim women and children from coming into the US but let Taliban leaders in" as if the two issues are in any way related.

Are they smart enough to understand that even if we did allow those people to come to the US to negotiate that we know EXACTLY who they are and will be hands on with them the entire time they are here and when the meetijngs are done they will be LEAVING this country, which is completely unrelated to allowing unverified immigrants in from certain countries and then having no control over them once they come here with no firm date on when if ever that they will be leaving?

Or do they know that and are just liars?
    You answered your last question in your first sentence: No, they are too stupid to know they are liars. Actually lying to people is above and beyond the skill set of most of those people. They're still trying to get drooling down
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I'd have to agree on the timing. Not the brightest idea.

However, and I got side tracked previously, I don't see the importance you keep placing on Camp David. The importance of the place as where President Carter facilitated a peace agreement between Egypt and Israel is noted. I see no other reason to accord it any special consideration as the some "place of honor".

Was it me I'd invite them over and arrest them the second they stepped off the plane. I'm an asshole with a long memory like that

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Let's see ... attacks prior to attempted negotiations vs attacks subsequent to negotiations. That one's pretty easy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I didn't see the point to the nastiness in some of the responses to your opinion @Kathianne, just to clarify. I don't recall the opinion you expressed nor whether or not I agreed with it, just that I thought the response was a bit over the top.
    Thanks Gunny. I thought you were perturbed with moi. I have gotten defensive to those who don't deserve it.

Some folks have gotten creepy since they 'won', others just came here creepy. The really creepy are both antisemitic and overall nasty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

However, and I got side tracked previously, I don't see the importance you keep placing on Camp David. The importance of the place as where President Carter facilitated a peace agreement between Egypt and Israel is noted. I see no other reason to accord it any special consideration as the some "place of honor".

Was it me I'd invite them over and arrest them the second they stepped off the plane. I'm an asshole with a long memory like that
    This was like when someone brought up Gorbachev. Apples and oranges. Not saying any of the two you mention, nor Gorbachev were saints, far from it. All though at the time of the invite were bravely bucking their systems, trying to save lives and improve their countries.

The Taliban? I don't think so. They are out to destroy the Great Satan. Now and back and in the futures.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Just shoot them.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Just shoot them.
    I'm all for it. Have been. However, there are people conceivably in Afghanistan who weren't born yet on 9/11. I was sitting in my truck on a jobsite eating carne guisada breakfast tacos when they interrupted the tunes to announce we had been attacked. I was for killing them all then and am for doing so now.

I just don't see the "doing so" part happening. In which case, I have an issue with US service personnel being fed into a bottomless pit. There's no clear, achievable objective anymore. We took the Taliban out as punishment for not handing over bin Laden. Despite Pakistan running interference and our puppet Afghan government not giving a damn we tracked down and killed him.

We do not possess the National will to finish the job the way it should be done. Even if we did, it'd go like Brexit is going for the Brits - the will of the people be damned as far as politics goes.

IMO, after this latest little Taliban attack, Trump should have pulled a Nixon and just bombed the living Hell out of them to remind them just who's driving the train.

Also IMO, I wouldn't bother with any peace deal with the bastards. They aren't going to honor any one word of one. I'd just pull out with the reminder that we found the place the first time and can do so again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm all for it. Have been. However, there are people conceivably in Afghanistan who weren't born yet on 9/11. I was sitting in my truck on a jobsite eating carne guisada breakfast tacos when they interrupted the tunes to announce we had been attacked. I was for killing them all then and am for doing so now.

I just don't see the "doing so" part happening. In which case, I have an issue with US service personnel being fed into a bottomless pit. There's no clear, achievable objective anymore. We took the Taliban out as punishment for not handing over bin Laden. Despite Pakistan running interference and our puppet Afghan government not giving a damn we tracked down and killed him.

We do not possess the National will to finish the job the way it should be done. Even if we did, it'd go like Brexit is going for the Brits - the will of the people be damned as far as politics goes.

IMO, after this latest little Taliban attack, Trump should have pulled a Nixon and just bombed the living Hell out of them to remind them just who's driving the train.

Also IMO, I wouldn't bother with any peace deal with the bastards. They aren't going to honor any one word of one. I'd just pull out with the reminder that we found the place the first time and can do so again.

Pretty much I think we took on Afghanistan for harboring al Queda, before and after 9/11. For the Taliban protecting the terrorists.

When I said, 'shoot them,' I was referring to any that deplaned in the US to 'negotiate.' They will kill us all, given a chance now or then.

While I'm not an advocate of indiscriminate killing of civilians, I've always said that if the enemy is hiding within the population, send leaflets then exterminate. Then get out.

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Pretty much I think we took on Afghanistan for harboring al Queda, before and after 9/11. For the Taliban protecting the terrorists.

When I said, 'shoot them,' I was referring to any that deplaned in the US to 'negotiate.' They will kill us all, given a chance now or then.

While I'm not an advocate of indiscriminate killing of civilians, I've always said that if the enemy is hiding within the population, send leaflets then exterminate. Then get out.
    I have ZERO issue with killing terrorists. I don't care what they call themselves and/or how much makeup you slap on THAT pig.

I Do think if I am the President of the US, I am not negotiating with criminals for any reason. We entrap criminals all the time here in the US and justify it by the end result. Good enough reasoning for foreign murderers.

They're going to go on a murder spree the second we stand down/leave. Something else to be considered. Look at the BS Edogan pulled in Syria. He just labeled all Kurds he could see "terrorists" and started killing them once we backed off.

We, as a society and Nation have forgotten how to win.

19. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I have ZERO issue with killing terrorists. I don't care what they call themselves and/or how much makeup you slap on THAT pig.

I Do think if I am the President of the US, I am not negotiating with criminals for any reason. We entrap criminals all the time here in the US and justify it by the end result. Good enough reasoning for foreign murderers.

They're going to go on a murder spree the second we stand down/leave. Something else to be considered. Look at the BS Edogan pulled in Syria. He just labeled all Kurds he could see "terrorists" and started killing them once we backed off.

We, as a society and Nation have forgotten how to win.
    I think we're saying the same thing. Pretty sure you remember my feelings about the Kurds, a group we truly screwed over. Why doesn't the US ever back those that 'might' be good people?

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post