Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I'm bitching. I want to know. Did Congress actually give the State Department that money and so it's just sitting there where eventually it will be stolen or lost, or was this just another situation where Congress basically said "yeah we're gonna spend this money on this" but then actually never gave the agency any money?

Which actually brings me to another pet peeve. I hate the way Congress can play word games like that. Allocate the money and then never actually give it to the agency and be like "oh we allocated the money, not sure why it didn't get done" because people don't understand the word games Congress plays, but that's another topic entirely.
    I used to care, if you want just search and you'll find. I can't be bothered. Few care about deficits. Everyone is for their own idea of best projects for a 'win.' It's the new game and not going to change. I think Trump will win, but if he doesn't, no more money diverted for wall and we know it won't go to back to the military. It will disappear to maybe planned parenthood or something else.

The deficits will mount and the only ones talking about it will be the party out of power. They don't care either, they just hope someone that does will vote for them the next time.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    They don't care either, they just hope someone that does will vote for them the next time.
    That's probably the truest statement ever posted on this board. The two major parties spend their entire time trying to convince stupid Americans that they care about things that they do not care about.

It's one thing, at least , that I absolutely do give Trump credit for. The things he's bitching about, he's been bitching about since the 1980s, What he cares about does not change with the political calculations, and thus he is genuine where people like Warren and Sanders and Biden and McConnell and well everyone really are fake as fuck.

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post