Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
I would point out that there is no law yet that prohibits one from being an "asshole".

Once again, my point in all this was that the idea of detaining anyone with no questions asked is absolutely horrifying on it's face. I surely hope that laws which are enacted going forward will be scrutinized by those ensuring the constitutionality of such. What gun laws are presented going forward are included.

I am of the opinion that no law actually PREVENTS criminal acts but rather provides a means for punishment for those who disobey said laws. That is why none of the current laws and measures in place seem to work. I never underestimate the insanity of people are capable of.
That's my point exactly CSM , there currently is no law that prevents THIS particular form of being an asshole. I would change that.

Which is far more likely to prevent gun crime CSM? Targeting actual assholes with guns of course. Taxing the fuck out of you or me or requiring us to do a background check on the other if we decide to sell a pistol to one or the other... Worthless because A) we're not dong anything illegal or being assholes simply by buying and selling guns and B) it would be IMPOSSIBLE to enforce anyway.

Pretty easy to enforce a law that makes it illegal to carry an AR15 or other long arm through town like you're fucking Rambo.

I might even could be convinced to join in the argument that anyone who would do such obviously has mental issues and thus shouldn't have a gun to begin with.

The point is this CSM, in order to protect legal law abiding gun owners and their rights, we have to turn on those who are assholes and abuse those rights. And I don't feel that way just about guns either bro. I feel the same way towards say these people who are going to other people's houses and spending all night in a group yelling and cursing and shit. I think THAT should be illegal, and I think the left is going to have to turn on those people

You should NOT be allowed to terrorize people and then hide behind your rights.