Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think you misjudge the reaction of those who would not agree. They would consider that a major escalation.
    Of course they would. It's who they are, it's what they do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    Of course they would. It's who they are, it's what they do.
    Well with the call from NRA, maybe the status quo will be maintained.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Well with the call from NRA, maybe the status quo will be maintained.
    Your reply was a bit to subtle for my simple mind. Not sure what you're saying.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Your reply was a bit to subtle for my simple mind. Not sure what you're saying.
    I doubt you're going to see expansion on conceal carry or other types of loosening of laws. But does look like there's unlikely to be any more background difficulties or federal impetus for Red flag laws:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ally/23790371/

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Looks like the public isn't waiting around for their politicians to do something:

Gun sales surge fueled by first-timers, mostly for ‘concealed’ pistols

Gun sales are surging after the weekend mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, fueled by first-time buyers seeking pistols they can carry with them for protection.
    The latest jump validated a big increase in purchases and background checks recorded by the FBI that show the four most recent months higher than the same months in 2018.
    What’s more, the trend in the “National Instant Criminal Background Check System,” or NICS, is on a path to make 2018 the second biggest year since 2016, when gun owners and prospective gun owners filled stores before the presidential election that was expected to elect gun control advocate Hillary Rodham Clinton.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...cealed-pistols

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I doubt you're going to see expansion on conceal carry or other types of loosening of laws. But does look like there's unlikely to be any more background difficulties or federal impetus for Red flag laws:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ally/23790371/
    The reason that your typical, law abiding citizen is dubious about a laundry list of new laws restricting gun ownership is that, by definition, they will be the only ones restricted. The criminal class, which includes hard core lefties, simply ignore the law.

8. Thanks Mr. P thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, Mr. P liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The reason that your typical, law abiding citizen is dubious about a laundry list of new laws restricting gun ownership is that, by definition, they will be the only ones restricted. The criminal class, which includes hard core lefties, simply ignore the law.
    I get that. In general I support near a hands off 2nd amendment. I have a few areas I'm ok with-limiting the number of bullets able to be discharged-at 30 or so. I don't see a reason for that 100 shot drum for instance.

Not that they are legal, but I'm against weapons like bazookas by your everyday person.

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I get that. In general I support near a hands off 2nd amendment. I have a few areas I'm ok with-limiting the number of bullets able to be discharged-at 30 or so. I don't see a reason for that 100 shot drum for instance.

Not that they are legal, but I'm against weapons like bazookas by your everyday person.
    My major beef with gun control is simple NONE of the proposals from the left work, and we know they don't work. The left knows they don't work, and they know we know.

If the left cared about gun control they would be in Chicago , where more people are shot every weekend in those two shootings combined, protesting.

If the left really cared they would be proposing real solutions that work, not the same old bullshit that they A) know they will never get and B) they know wouldn't do shit even if they did get it

Outlawing MY AR 15 and or its 100 round drum magazine won't save one innocent life. Not one. On the other hand, how many lives are ruined or just over because someone in Dayton didn't call the police and say "hey this student of ours has a list of girls he wants to rape and a list of boys he wants to kill, maybe yall should do something about him?"

12. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond, Mr. P thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux, Mr. P liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Careful, you're beginning to sound like the NRA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

No bazookas? OK, how about this offering from lefty icon Elon Musk:

Tesla Chief Sells $10 Million in Flamethrowers… But Why?

February 02, 2018

In this photo shared on social media by Tesla and SpaceX chief Elon Musk, people test out his Boring Company branded flamethrower that brought in $10 million in pre-sales. (Elon Musk/Instagram)

No media source currently available

0:00
    5:220

Elon Musk - head of electric carmaker Tesla and aerospace company SpaceX - is known for using creative methods to raise money for his businesses.
    He has successfully gotten tens of thousands of interested buyers to place deposits of at least $1,000 for electric Tesla vehicles that were not yet manufactured. Last year, SpaceX announced that two private citizens had paid “a significant deposit” to ride on one of the company’s rockets for a future trip around the moon.
    So it is not surprising that Musk recently launched another money raiser – this time for his tunnel-digging business, The Boring Company. But what did surprise many people was the item he was selling - flamethrowers.
    https://learningenglish.voanews.com/...y/4236305.html

Last edited by FakeNewsSux; 08-10-2019 at 01:51 AM.

15. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Careful, you're beginning to sound like the NRA.
    I didn't say anything against the NRA. It seems a common assumption if I write something folks think I'm saying something I'm not.

17. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    and people with “sick minds” are being given guns.
    Yeah... we better outlaw guns quick... so nut cases have to use knives like in Europe, or trucks, or bombs, or hammers, or baseball bats...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-08-2019 at 11:49 PM.

19. Thanks Mr. P thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, Mr. P liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm simply fed up with the posturing and virtue signaling by both sides. What we need to do is try enforcing the laws that are already on the books. I also feel that the only true solution is a moral reawakening in this society. Reduce the attacks on religion by the state, encourage rather than work to destroy the nuclear family and in the interim, nationwide concealed carry linked to proper training to reduce the impact of 'out of control' events such as those witnessed last weekend.
    Case in point:

Armed citizen foils mass shooting: How many lives could have been lost in three minutes?

This is a story you will probably hear about because if you’re reading NOQ Report, chances are good you’re a patriot with your finger on the pulse of conservative news in America. It’s a story that is being widely covered by right-leaning media, though progressive legacy media is clearly hoping to suppress it. Why? Because instead of another mass shooting at another Walmart carried out by an assailant with a scary gun (something that would have reinforced the narrative they’re currently pushing), the end result is no deaths, a suspect in custody, and an off-duty firefighter with a concealed-carry firearm to thank for this positive outcome.
    The “good guy with a gun” scenario is invariably suppressed by leftist media.
    In his instance, the suspect had over 100 rounds of ammunition, a scary looking “assault weapon,” at least one handgun, and body armor. That doesn’t sound like the type of garb someone would wear if they needed to pick up diapers and toilet paper. Thankfully, the alleged assailant was intercepted before he could commit his heinous act.
    https://noqreport.com/2019/08/08/arm...three-minutes/

21. Likes Mr. P liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Case in point:
    Armed citizen foils mass shooting: How many lives could have been lost in three minutes?
    3 Minutes?
    Wasn’t one of the more recent mass shooters stopped within a minute having already killed and injured dozens?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Isn't it ironic that murder by any means is already a crime and banned by law... so is assault and aggravated assault ... so is rape .... so is kidnapping

Clearly, since laws addressing murder, assault and other heinous acts fail to actually PREVENT them, what makes any sane person believe that laws banning certain weapons will actually prevent ANYTHING other than preventing law abiding folks from protecting themselves? I just don't get the logic or lack thereof.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

24. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Mr. P thanked this post
    Likes Mr. P liked this post