Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Mmmm... IDK... when it comes to the 2nd amendment... you can make a lot of people mad real quick if you do something that appears to "infringe" on it.
    It seems the NRA made their feelings clear, I'm guessing he'll stop short.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    It seems the NRA made their feelings clear, I'm guessing he'll stop short.
    I've heard that lots of people are leaving the NRA for... https://gunowners.org/

I guess many are unhappy with the recent internal strife at the NRA, and presumed, if not apparent, wavering support for the 2nd Amendment.

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

There needs to be more info sharing between agencies so backgrounds checks are more effective.

"Red flag" would be too easily abused.

Many women, like myself, carry guns for self-defense from thugs and criminals. But provisions in the Disarm Women Act would allow for any “dating partner or former dating partner” to strip a gun owning woman of her Constitutional rights with just a phone call to a judge.
    A woman’s guns are confiscated with no warning and no due process. This is just like the “red flag” laws that we have been battling across the country.
    In fact, we’ve had a lot of experience with these “quickie” proceedings. And we know that they are often used by an angry ex to exact revenge on a former partner.
    Consider in California, a cheating husband used his state’s red flag law to confiscate his wife’s Glock.

https://gunowners.org/alert52819/
    Last edited by SassyLady; 08-09-2019 at 02:54 AM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

5. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    There is no way to tell if the system works or not.
    If you’re having mass shootings as regularly as America is, I think that’s a ‘way to tell’.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    If you’re having mass shootings as regularly as America is, I think that’s a ‘way to tell’.
    We don't regularly have mass shootings Noir.

An American is statistically far more likely to die in a household accident than by a mass shooter.

8. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    We don't regularly have mass shootings Noir.
    How many have there been so far this year?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morri...ground-checks/

Trump: Full Speed Ahead On “Meaningful Background Checks”
    ED MORRISSEYPosted at 10:01 am on August 9, 2019

Will Donald Trump put together a gun-control package that eluded Barack Obama? After two mass shootings this weekend, Trump has ignored reluctant Republicans and a worried NRA to push for expanded background checks and “red flag” laws to keep weapons out of the hands of the mentally ill and dangerous. Wayne LaPierre tried to slow Trump down yesterday, but the president declared full speed ahead this morning on Twitter:
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

· 2h
    Serious discussions are taking place between House and Senate leadership on meaningful Background Checks. I have also been speaking to the NRA, and others, so that their very strong views can be fully represented and respected. Guns should not be placed in the hands of.....
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

....mentally ill or deranged people. I am the biggest Second Amendment person there is, but we all must work together for the good and safety of our Country. Common sense things can be done that are good for everyone!
    5:03 AM - Aug 9, 2019

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

11. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

What you fail to comprehend is that it is not the object, it is the person with the object
    being it a firearm, knife, or automobile.

I look around my house and there are dozens of objects that can be used as a weapon,
    without even considering my rifle, shotgun or bow.

It takes a human to activate any of these, period. It boils down to intent on the part of a human.

I am an NRA member, but I agree with extensive background checks to LEGALLY obtain a firearm.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

13. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

IDK... I haven't heard mention of it and I hope I don't, and that's the legal sale of a firearm between two citizens. We can still go to a gun show here in WI and legally buy and sell guns without needing an FFL or a background check. I'd hate to see that disappear. When the government knows where every single gun is, that's when we'll get the big push to start collecting them.

15. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If you generously believe every claim of mass shooter from the left , 295 people have been killed in the US by mass shooters so far this year.

Out of 330M people.

Chicago ALONE has had more people murdered by single shooting incidents than this.

Liberals don't care about shooting victims, they never have. They care about "can this issue get us power?"

17. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

MURDER is ALREADY ILLEGAL, so according to this argument that MORE laws will PREVENT more killing, if laws prevented killing, then MURDER already being illegal should STOP ALL KILLINGS.

That's the logic.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-09-2019 at 11:46 AM.

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Seems to me that this is a remarkably simple situation ... its solution no less simple.

The right to bear arms .. the freedom to own a gun ... SURELY confers an automatic presumption that the would-be owner is fit to own one ?

Therefore, tests to ensure that fitness are no less than logical and reasonable !

As has been demonstrated time and again, so very tragically, unfit persons abuse their so-called 'right' to gun ownership by violating maybe THE most fundamental human right there is ... the right to live ! Such unfit persons (aka 'psychos') can't surely enjoy one 'right', if they use it to deny an even more fundamental human right that their victims have their right to enjoy ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Seems to me that this is a remarkably simple situation ... its solution no less simple.

The right to bear arms .. the freedom to own a gun ... SURELY confers an automatic presumption that the would-be owner is fit to own one ?

Therefore, tests to ensure that fitness are no less than logical and reasonable !

As has been demonstrated time and again, so very tragically, unfit persons abuse their so-called 'right' to gun ownership by violating maybe THE most fundamental human right there is ... the right to live ! Such unfit persons (aka 'psychos') can't surely enjoy one 'right', if they use it to deny an even more fundamental human right that their victims have their right to enjoy ?
    The issue shows the abject hypocrisy on both sides.

Let's compare owning a gun to voting.

Both are RIGHTS in this country, guaranteed in COTUS.

But reasonable persons understand that guaranteed rights can in exigent circumstances be taken away. Now, knowing this , we must then admit that the only way to know if those circumstances exist is to make sure we're both allowing those who are eligible to exercise their rights and and to make sure that those we don't want doing so , aren't.

On guns, the left want background checks and such and the right oppose them, but on voting the left opposes any form of voter ID control while the right wants it.

Both sides are stupid, just logically you can't be for background checks to buy a gun but against voter ID, or the other way around.

22. Thanks CSM, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post

And there's the rub. Who determines the fitness of the would be owner? Is the metric based on mental fitness, political affiliation, religious belief, economic status (in medieval times, only the nobility were allowed to bear arms), place of residence or some other personal status? As has been stated, there are many laws already on the books that supposedly ensure "the right to live" (aka, outlawing murder). There are a plethora of laws in place already that supposedly ensure that only the "right people" own guns. I, for one, do not trust ANY government to develop such a test. If we go to the extreme and declare that no human being has the right to bear arms of any kind (totally unenforceable methinks), that would be as ridiculous that every human be issued arms at birth.

Clearly, it is a complex issue. Regulating our "inalienable rights" sounds easy. It is not.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

24. Thanks SassyLady, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The whole program is good but start listening at the 44 minute mark for specific material:

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-t...ings-47475481/