Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

First and foremost, make the fuck sure that everyone is discussing the same thing. It seems as though those wanting to ban certain firearms don't know the damn difference between automatic and semi-automatic...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

2. Thanks Elessar, Mr. P, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes STTAB, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    How many have there been so far this year?

That depends on how you define a "mass shooting".
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Do what?
    Do nothing!
    The system is perfect as it is.

If you're going to step in and attempt to discuss something you know nothing about, at least try to grow the hell up.

6. Thanks Elessar, Noir thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Use your head before opening mouth

If you’re having mass shootings as regularly as America is, I think that’s a ‘way to tell’.

How easily you (in another nation) can speak of so-called Mass Shootings in America....But, you easily, and intentionally forget to mention all of the KILLING that takes place, all over Europe, and on the streets of major cities like Paris.
    I guess the WAY human beings are killed....does not qualify to your way of thinking? Bombings, Stabbings, Trucks targeting people on the streets, and bridges.
    Noir. You show your hypocrisy in all of this by TELLING US TO CLEAN OUR BACKYARD....WHILE YOUR'S IS WORSE LOOKING???

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    How easily you (in another nation) can speak of so-called Mass Shootings in America....But, you easily, and intentionally forget to mention all of the KILLING that takes place, all over Europe, and on the streets of major cities like Paris.
    I guess the WAY human beings are killed....does not qualify to your way of thinking? Bombings, Stabbings, Trucks targeting people on the streets, and bridges.
    Noir. You show your hypocrisy in all of this by TELLING US TO CLEAN OUR BACKYARD....WHILE YOUR'S IS WORSE LOOKING???

Yes - well said.

The media, over here, has a lot to answer for when it comes to priming people like Noir. There's pretty much universal agreement among all those reporting on the whole so-called American 'gun culture' that America's fondness for guns, and lack of control in making them available (compared with us, anyway) makes our culture a 'superior' one. People just can't understand the freedom to own guns, and every single time another 'mass shooting' gets reported, there's yet further proof, in THEIR eyes, of how wrong, even 'backward', it is to have a society permitting their ownership.

But ... AS YOU SAY ... we've absolutely no cause for smugness, just because we have those controls. People pull triggers .. they don't pull themselves. Every murder that happens is the fault of the murderer, not the weapon used. We have escalating knife crime (something Noir is very happy to somehow 'overlook' .. as well he might, since a certain Left-wing Trump hater of a London Mayor has allowed it to escalate on HIS turf).

Sadiq Khan is his name ... our first Muslim London mayor. He always finds time to pour vitriol in Trump's direction ... all the while remaining far more passive about murders on his own doorstep.

Nice to know he's got (or so he THINKS) his 'priorities properly sorted out' .....

I thoroughly agree with Trump's critical tweets aimed at London's Mayor. He richly deserves them.
    Last edited by Drummond; 08-09-2019 at 09:58 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

10. Thanks icansayit, FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Do what?
    Do nothing!
    The system is perfect as it is.
    If you’re having mass shootings as regularly as America is, I think that’s a ‘way to tell’.
    How many have there been so far this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    If you're going to step in and attempt to discuss something you know nothing about, at least try to grow the hell up.
    You've been told off, to back off, grow up and learn. You inject your whining liberal
    opinion on everything and refuse to listen to some older than wiser than you.

@hjmick...Thanks!
    Last edited by Elessar; 08-10-2019 at 07:04 AM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

12. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    If you generously believe every claim of mass shooter from the left , 295 people have been killed in the US by mass shooters so far this year.

Out of 330M people.

Chicago ALONE has had more people murdered by single shooting incidents than this.

Liberals don't care about shooting victims, they never have. They care about "can this issue get us power?"
    Okay, 295 people in mass shootings, plus many more in individual shootings, out of 350 million population.

How many have died over the same time in mass shootings out of Europe’s ~740million ‘good citizens are unable to protect themselves’ population?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Okay, 295 people in mass shootings, plus many more in individual shootings, out of 350 million population.

How many have died over the same time in mass shootings out of Europe’s ~740million ‘good citizens are unable to protect themselves’ population?
    Here is the numbers Noir

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate

Now, take Baltimore, Washington DC, Detroit, Chicago and let's say New Orleans out of the US and drop them as is into Europe and see what the numbers look like.

Without those 5 or 6 mostly black cities the overall US numbers drop to almost nothing. On par with the numbers Europe has now , and that is without taking away anyone's guns.

Black on black crime skews the numbers way out of what otherwise would be reality, and pretending like that isn't true is nothing more than a sign that someone doesn't REALLY want to discuss issues.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Here is the numbers Noir

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate

Now, take Baltimore, Washington DC, Detroit, Chicago and let's say New Orleans out of the US and drop them as is into Europe and see what the numbers look like.

Without those 5 or 6 mostly black cities the overall US numbers drop to almost nothing. On par with the numbers Europe has now , and that is without taking away anyone's guns.

Black on black crime skews the numbers way out of what otherwise would be reality, and pretending like that isn't true is nothing more than a sign that someone doesn't REALLY want to discuss issues.

I don't know about the other cities, but Chicago isn't close to mostly black. Maybe 30%.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I don't know about the other cities, but Chicago isn't close to mostly black. Maybe 30%.
    For obvious reasons , however, you didn't try to dispute that black on black crime in major cities skews the US figures

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

For obvious reasons , however, you didn't try to dispute that black on black crime in major cities skews the US figures
    Why would I? That is true.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

18. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The only way this issue would be resolved (IMO) is if the Congress would amend the Constitution using the process as outlined including ratification of said amendment by the States. Good luck with that. Our elected representatives dance around that course of action, relying rather on more gun laws which make criminals of law abiding citizens and are largely unenforceable anyway.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

20. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Mr. P liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Another potential problem resolved

By legally armed civilians:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...?noredirect=on

What say you now, pacifist Noir?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

22. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    By legally armed civilians:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...?noredirect=on

What say you now, pacifist Noir?
    Great story - let me find you the one about the man in the U.K. who couldn’t be stopped when he went on a bloody-gun rampage because our civs didn’t have guns -...
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Great story - let me find you the one about the man in the U.K. who couldn’t be stopped when he went on a bloody-gun rampage because our civs didn’t have guns -...
    You don't have a legitimate leg to stand on, yet you persist... typical arrogant, self righteous, know it all, punk leftist.

25. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post