Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Arm much better!

Well, mostly. I had my 3rd PY appointment yesterday, and even told her the same, that I've been able to use for almost everything short of lifting anything heavy. She had measured all of the up/down/left/right angles of how I could move the wrist. And of course the good hand for comparison. So she measured but no change. At least it's pain free I told her! She says NOPE, that means you did good with the beginning stages - now it's time to push and force it a little to start more use. Yek. But wasn't bad there and hasn't been bad since I left.

Anyway, you recall just how badly bruised and just how ugly that incision scar was looking.

The first "reminder" from her is that my doctor is also a plastic surgeon for hands, and is quite the perfectionist in cleanup. Well damn, I've got 20 year old scars that look worse! His is nearly perfect, and if not for the tattoo underneath, out of alignment a hair, it would be almost perfect. I told him I couldn't care less how/where he cut it, as that's more important. But he told me he still cut in a certain way, and stitched it back, to minimize. And the healing has really just started.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Well, mostly. I had my 3rd PY appointment yesterday, and even told her the same, that I've been able to use for almost everything short of lifting anything heavy. She had measured all of the up/down/left/right angles of how I could move the wrist. And of course the good hand for comparison. So she measured but no change. At least it's pain free I told her! She says NOPE, that means you did good with the beginning stages - now it's time to push and force it a little to start more use. Yek. But wasn't bad there and hasn't been bad since I left.

Anyway, you recall just how badly bruised and just how ugly that incision scar was looking.

The first "reminder" from her is that my doctor is also a plastic surgeon for hands, and is quite the perfectionist in cleanup. Well damn, I've got 20 year old scars that look worse! His is nearly perfect, and if not for the tattoo underneath, out of alignment a hair, it would be almost perfect. I told him I couldn't care less how/where he cut it, as that's more important. But he told me he still cut in a certain way, and stitched it back, to minimize. And the healing has really just started.

Glad it's feeling better! I hope it continues to feel good after PT, but remember what I said about my own: It hurts more after PT than before, but gets better in the long run. Don't get down if after a session it hurts again! Finally, right direction!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Haven't been able to get a copy of my own x-ray of what the hell is in my arm - but the Doc told me name and manufacturer and this is the one that's eating me from the inside out!!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post