Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Trump on whether Kaepernick ought to play: 'If he's good enough'

This is funny, these idiots still don't know Trump, and how to LISTEN to what he says. Instead, they make shit up, or change it up.

Here, he DID say if he was good enough that he should play. What he's also saying, is that he is NOT good enough, as many have pointed out, including myself. He's average, IMO, and not worth any hassles if he can't win.

And look at this image that kap shoves out there, claiming he's been denied employment. BS. He's been denied a CONTRACT with an NFL team. Hell, if that be the case, I was denied employment for like 20+ years hoping to play with them!

He can try for the CFL, the arena league, the new upcoming XFL and he could have played with the now defunct AAF. And if he's so smart as many say, then let him use it to build a real career, as most NFL players do when they retire. And tons of them even ensure they get their degrees and some even go back when done in the NFL. Not kap, it's the NFL or bust, anything else means he's being denied.

And then the media grabs Trump's quote and tries to spin it to it being a good thing.

--

Trump on whether Kaepernick ought to play: 'If he's good enough'

President Trump might just have done Colin Kaepernick a huge favor.

Two years after Trump roiled the NFL by declaring that any player, like Kaepernick, who knelt during the national anthem was a “son of a bitch” who ought to be “fired,” Trump reversed course on Friday. Asked during an impromptu news conference whether Kaepernick ought to be given a chance to play in the NFL, Trump offered a measured, politics-free response.

“Only if he’s good enough,” Trump said. “If he’s good enough, I know the owners, I know [Patriots owner] Bob Kraft, I know so many of the owners. If he’s good enough, I know these people. They would sign him in a heartbeat. They will do anything they can to win games. Frankly, I’d love to see Kaepernick come in if he’s good enough. But I don’t want to see him come in if somebody thinks it’s a good PR move. If he’s good enough, he will be in.”

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/sports/trump-o...162913667.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Let's be real. CK IS good enough to play in the NFL, he always has been

The question has always been "is he good enough to tolerate his bullshit?" and the answer to that is no.

I'll reiterate if Tom Brady drug the American flag out to midfield at half time and took a shit on it, the Patriots would deal wit hit, because he is the GOAT.

Aaron Rogers could wipe his live stream himself wiping his ass with the American flag and the Packers would not cut him. Because he wins.

CK has always been a simple business proposition. Is his talent worthy of his distraction. The answer is no. There are tons of 2nd string quality QBs out there who are not distractions.

3. Thanks Elessar, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post

The question has always been "is he good enough to tolerate his bullshit?" and the answer to that is no.

I'll reiterate if Tom Brady drug the American flag out to midfield at half time and took a shit on it, the Patriots would deal wit hit, because he is the GOAT.

Aaron Rogers could wipe his live stream himself wiping his ass with the American flag and the Packers would not cut him. Because he wins.

CK has always been a simple business proposition. Is his talent worthy of his distraction. The answer is no. There are tons of 2nd string quality QBs out there who are not distractions.
    All issues aside though, he's rated about 17-22nd, and while likely decent enough for crappier teams, or a good backup to have - but he's not good enough to deal with, for the issues he would bring. So agreed, 'cept for the part that he's about as good as Landry Jones, the Steelers backup.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I have always viewed CK as an 'average' QB that just so happened to have a good offense around him -
    line, backs, and receivers.

Another one or two in the same category come to mind: Troy Aikman and Tony Romo. They would
    likely have stuttered and stumbled with a lesser offensive package.

The difference with CK is he is a locker room cancer. He disobeys coaches and the team owner
    and uses game day to express political views. Team mates largely do not appreciate that.

In college we had a free safety that was a locker room cancer. In practice he would spear tackle team
    mates and talk crap to them. He led the team in unsportsmanlike penalties. One day an offensive tackle
    chased him down after a spear tackle and beat the snot out of him in practice.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

7. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I have always viewed CK as an 'average' QB that just so happened to have a good offense around him -
    line, backs, and receivers.

Another one or two in the same category come to mind: Troy Aikman and Tony Romo. They would
    likely have stuttered and stumbled with a lesser offensive package.

The difference with CK is he is a locker room cancer. He disobeys coaches and the team owner
    and uses game day to express political views. Team mates largely do not appreciate that.

In college we had a free safety that was a locker room cancer. In practice he would spear tackle team
    mates and talk crap to them. He led the team in unsportsmanlike penalties. One day an offensive tackle
    chased him down after a spear tackle and beat the snot out of him in practice.
    I'd never talk football knowledge, which is even worse than my economic knowledge. I do think though this guy isn't 20 something and he's been out 3 years +. He has cost the NFL major viewer losses, I don't think he'll be hired by NFL anytime soon.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'd never talk football knowledge, which is even worse than my economic knowledge. I do think though this guy isn't 20 something and he's been out 3 years +. He has cost the NFL major viewer losses, I don't think he'll be hired by NFL anytime soon.
    Try to imagine this guy in any other job.....

He just might make a good "community organizer" or "social justice advocate" ....
    Last edited by CSM; 08-10-2019 at 05:31 AM.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

11. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post

Talent-wise, I think that pretty much covers it. Although, I think you are giving his talent a bit too much. Attitude is a lot of "talent". His skill seems to have deteriorated with his attitude.

And it's not just his attitude. He's locker room poison. IF I had been given a Kaepernick as a Marine (the ultimate team), with his attitude? He'd kill my unit's morale, divide it, and get people killed not focusing on the mission; rather, his political BS. I'd shitcan his ass to eternal mess/guard/maintenance duty in a minute and when I tapped out the max days on that he's go on Ship's Platoon when deployed and work at he gym handing out towels otherwise. Until I could get his ass out of the Corps.

Screw the whining. He dug his own grave.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

13. Thanks Elessar, FakeNewsSux, STTAB thanked this post