Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NT'sGirl View Post
    They just added this to the National Survey for Drug Use and Health. I guess its the new thing. It was interesting to research it.
    I forgot to mention. I'm on the Kathianne bandwagon. I don't take anything I don't need. "Need" would be defined as ibuprofen. Before I get the lecture, I'm aware it's allegedly hard on the liver/and or kidneys. I DO recall when the same was said about acetomeniphen. Now, the latter's okay and the "wonder drug of the 90s" isn't

I've basically quit taking sinus meds. That's on a dire need basis only. Mostly because of the stupid laws. Doesn't look like it's slowed down meth production much. Like anything else, only law-abiding citizens are affected.

I take vitamins, minerals and some herbal supplements. When I don't forget
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post

Yeah maybe I shouldn't say this but, I already mentioned it anyway, my neighbor uses it and he loves it. He's severely addicted to oxycodone, so he runs out and then has nightmarish withdrawals. But since he's started this stuff, he doesn't get withdrawal symptoms at all. So there's a place not far from here in Iowa that sells it over the counter, all the different types, different powders and pills, but yeah, that FELONY stuff scares the crap otta me. I think I'm just going to steer clear of it, even though I really would have liked to try some. Lots of people do, and I don't think Johnny law around here even gives a damn... who knows... I'm just not one to take too many chances with something that could literally get me thrown in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I will not touch anything like that. I am sensitive to cocaine but
    felt no effects of vicodin 250mg after 3 surgeries. Darvon flat
    knocked me out! Took it for a muscle insert tear behind my ear in football.

Everyone's body chemistry is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'd say so. I can't take opiates. I turn into Superman. I'll tear up a gym and go all day lifting heavy.

Then you wake up next day and your body is sending a message -- don't bother trying to get up So you suffer, or take more oxy. So I just never take it. Keeps me real
    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Yeah... I'll have to say, when I take my oxycodone, I can go like a machine.
    For clarification - Kratom is NOT an opiate, but 'may' feel like an opiate when taken. And if any concern is about what opiates do to you, or have done, kratom doesn't affect you the same. No crazy feelings like that. Slightly, but not enough to say it's the same. BUT, while not the same, you CAN get addicted from it, and that's why I never took it more than 2 days in a row, and waiting at least 7 days if I can. I'm just a little crazy like that.

The main thing is the "unknown" in the US. But in other countries it's actually used as a medicine. Remember CBD oils about 10 years ago? Once benefits were proven, they finally legalized it. For now, some states make it illegal, and others have limitations, like NY having to be over 18. But some places like Wisconsin it's outright illegal. Because of abuse by some kids. I don't blame them at all! And I'm surprised that some even sell i if it's illegal. But a lot of doctors, scientists and folks who use kratom are fighting for it's legality. But who knows.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Leaf of Faith

If you want to know more on Kratom and have Netflix check out Leaf of Faith. The film talks to both those for and against it being legal, scientists that study the plant and those that consume it.

6. Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NavyCop View Post
    If you want to know more on Kratom and have Netflix check out Leaf of Faith. The film talks to both those for and against it being legal, scientists that study the plant and those that consume it.
    It's legal in 44 states. I don't know why it's illegal in WI with all it's liberals that love pot and whatnot here. I hope they legalize it here.

I think the ONLY reason it's illegal is because of some big pharma lobbying here.