Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Good Lord! The Gender Nonsense Has Crossed To the Absurd

SMH

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-sha...rules-running/
    Hoo Boy. The UK “Gender Stereotype” Rules Are Up And Running
    JAZZ SHAWPosted at 10:31 am on August 15, 2019

Following complaints from the public over the past couple of years, the UK Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) has implemented new rules for television and print advertising. The purpose of these regulations is to eliminate “harmful gender stereotyping” in ads. If that phrase leaves you scratching your head, don’t worry. You’re not alone.

In any event, the first two “harmful” ads have been banned from the airwaves. They were from Volkswagen and Philadelphia cream cheese. So what were they depicting? Child abuse? Violence against women? Racism? Nope. One was a shot of a woman sitting in the park next to a baby stroller and the other showed two dads acting dumb in a restaurant. (CNN)

An advertisement juxtaposing male astronauts with a woman sitting by a stroller, and another depicting two hapless dads, are the first casualties of a British ban on gender stereotypes in advertising.
    The ads, for Volkswagen and Philadelphia cream cheese, were investigated by the UK Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) after viewers complained they perpetuated gender stereotypes.
    New rules that came into force in June prohibit depictions of gender that “are likely to cause harm, or serious or widespread offense.”
    The Volkswagen commercial shows a number of primarily male people taking part in adventurous activities — two male astronauts in space, and a male athlete with a prosthetic leg doing the long jump — before cutting to a mother sitting on a park bench next to a stroller. It prompted three complaints from viewers, and the ASA found it showed a woman “engaged in a stereotypical care-giving role.”

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Good, because the last thing we need in this world is acknowledgement that the sexes are different and have different strengthens and weaknesses.

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hey Kath, how do you feel about male teachers in elementary grades? I ask because I'm not a fan. I've never voted to hire a male as a member of the school board . I just think females are better suited to nurturing young minds.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Hey Kath, how do you feel about male teachers in elementary grades? I ask because I'm not a fan. I've never voted to hire a male as a member of the school board . I just think females are better suited to nurturing young minds.
    If a male has their elementary ed degree and his background check comes back clear, I would consider him the same as any female. There are men that are nurturing and really like teaching small kids. I have to say though, I've not come across any I've taught with below grade 5. It could be discrimination as any male that considers lower elem his calling is automatically considered a pedophile.

Yet, there's many more females that have abused their students and tend to receive many fewer prison years, sometimes just loss of license and registering as sex offender.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    If a male has their elementary ed degree and his background check comes back clear, I would consider him the same as any female. There are men that are nurturing and really like teaching small kids. I have to say though, I've not come across any I've taught with below grade 5. It could be discrimination as any male that considers lower elem his calling is automatically considered a pedophile.

Yet, there's many more females that have abused their students and tend to receive many fewer prison years, sometimes just loss of license and registering as sex offender.
    Honestly "he might be a pedophile" has never crossed my mind. And we have hired a few male teaches over my objections over the years, and I'm not saying every woman is suited to teach elementary school either, hell I think there are a LOT of women teaching who have no business doing so. But in general I stand by my belief that women make better elementary teachers than men.

I also believe men are better high school math and science teachers in general than women.

Among other areas where I think each sex has strengths and weaknesses that should be accounted for.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

How do people get to this degree of POLITICALLY CORRECT STUPIDITY?

I honestly don't know what it is that drives someone to get so MORONIC. This is STUPID, it's ABSURD, it's RETARDED.

Where does it even end?

I think this is a SMALL MINORITY that drives this GARBAGE too. This just CAN'T be the way the MAJORITY of people think... or is it?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-15-2019 at 02:44 PM.

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Honestly "he might be a pedophile" has never crossed my mind. And we have hired a few male teaches over my objections over the years, and I'm not saying every woman is suited to teach elementary school either, hell I think there are a LOT of women teaching who have no business doing so. But in general I stand by my belief that women make better elementary teachers than men.

I also believe men are better high school math and science teachers in general than women.

Among other areas where I think each sex has strengths and weaknesses that should be accounted for.
    We disagree in regards to hiring. If a man is the best qualified and has the credentials I'd hire him-especially 3 grade and up. Why? So many boys do not have the male influences that most kids in my generation did. It can make a world of difference to any kid without a dad, but especially those whose families are going through divorce. (Which tends to begin around 2nd-3rd grades for 1st borns).

Same with females in upper grades for math & science-if they have the credentials and seem to have passion for their subject I'd hire the best qualified.

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    How do people get to this degree of POLITICALLY CORRECT STUPIDITY?

I honestly don't know what it is that drives someone to get so MORONIC. This is STUPID, it's ABSURD, it's RETARDED.

Where does it even end?

I think this is a SMALL MINORITY that drives this GARBAGE too. This just CAN'T be the way the MAJORITY of people think... or is it?
    THREE, 3 complaints is what they had! Insanity.

13. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

We disagree in regards to hiring. If a man is the best qualified and has the credentials I'd hire him-especially 3 grade and up. Why? So many boys do not have the male influences that most kids in my generation did. It can make a world of difference to any kid without a dad, but especially those whose families are going through divorce. (Which tends to begin around 2nd-3rd grades for 1st borns).

Same with females in upper grades for math & science-if they have the credentials and seem to have passion for their subject I'd hire the best qualified.
    I definately acknowledge that some weight should be given to young children needing male role models.

15. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

My 5th and 6th grade teachers were male. It was a godsend for me. I had no positive male role models in my life at the time and both of them were awesome in the way they dealt with both male and female students.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

17. Thanks Kathianne, STTAB, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    My 5th and 6th grade teachers were male. It was a godsend for me. I had no positive male role models in my life at the time and both of them were awesome in the way they dealt with both male and female students.
    I agree young children need positive adult male role models in their lives, I just don't think elementary school teacher is where they should find them. I'm not even saying that all male elementary school teachers are bad, hell I'm not even saying there aren't good oes. I'm just saying that in general I prefer female teachers in the elementary grades.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I think the European continent has a mental illness problem.

I also wonder how it is their new radical muslim faction tolerates all this openly in your face sexual perversion garbage? Muslims like to throw fags off roof tops.

20. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I agree young children need positive adult male role models in their lives, I just don't think elementary school teacher is where they should find them. I'm not even saying that all male elementary school teachers are bad, hell I'm not even saying there aren't good oes. I'm just saying that in general I prefer female teachers in the elementary grades.
    I disagree. Role models in elementary school may be the only other source other than parents at that age.

If board members and hiring panels do their job right then gender of elementary teachers is not relevant. Good teachers should love kids and teaching and have good set of morals. These attributes are found in both genders.

22. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Kathianne, CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I disagree. Role models in elementary school may be the only other source other than parents at that age.

If board members and hiring panels do their job right then gender of elementary teachers is not relevant. Good teachers should love kids and teaching and have good set of morals. These attributes are found in both genders.
    That's not true at all. We have coaches and police officers, and school admins, heck we even have a male nurse in our upper elementary school. Bus drivers, etc etc.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced that "role model" is even a job teachers want, let alone should it be a hiring factor. For example, should we start combing through social media of prospective teachers to determine whether they would make good role models or not before hiring them?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

That's not true at all. We have coaches and police officers, and school admins, heck we even have a male nurse in our upper elementary school. Bus drivers, etc etc.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced that "role model" is even a job teachers want, let alone should it be a hiring factor. For example, should we start combing through social media of prospective teachers to determine whether they would make good role models or not before hiring them?
    As a child I didn't see coaches, LEO, nurses, etc. every day. I saw my teacher 5 days a week for 9 months a year and if lucky in summer school. Actually saw them more than parents who worked and spent free time at local bar, so I think teachers are the front line of role models which is why hiring the right one is paramount.

And, yes, do a deep background check on every one of them. I assumed that was already being done.

25. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post