Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
Honestly "he might be a pedophile" has never crossed my mind. And we have hired a few male teaches over my objections over the years, and I'm not saying every woman is suited to teach elementary school either, hell I think there are a LOT of women teaching who have no business doing so. But in general I stand by my belief that women make better elementary teachers than men.

I also believe men are better high school math and science teachers in general than women.

Among other areas where I think each sex has strengths and weaknesses that should be accounted for.
We disagree in regards to hiring. If a man is the best qualified and has the credentials I'd hire him-especially 3 grade and up. Why? So many boys do not have the male influences that most kids in my generation did. It can make a world of difference to any kid without a dad, but especially those whose families are going through divorce. (Which tends to begin around 2nd-3rd grades for 1st borns).

Same with females in upper grades for math & science-if they have the credentials and seem to have passion for their subject I'd hire the best qualified.