Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    We disagree in regards to hiring. If a man is the best qualified and has the credentials I'd hire him-especially 3 grade and up. Why? So many boys do not have the male influences that most kids in my generation did. It can make a world of difference to any kid without a dad, but especially those whose families are going through divorce. (Which tends to begin around 2nd-3rd grades for 1st borns).

Same with females in upper grades for math & science-if they have the credentials and seem to have passion for their subject I'd hire the best qualified.
    Many of my teacher were a godsend to me. This was 40 and fifty years ago.
    What they gave me, I can not put a price on. I should have went the career path
    that many of them begged me to Take,
    but my rebellious spirit, want for adventure, deeply ingrained rage streak and immense wildness after father's death set me upon a different course.
    None of that takes away from the greatness and irreplaceable treasures those teachers so freely, and with such great kindness and so benevolently
    bestowed upon this poor but very, very eager to learn young student....
    I have such great respect for teachers-- for those that fit that role with honor, kindness, generosity, adeptness and pride in their hearts and souls!
    Grades first through eighth are especially important in regards to giving to students in need of moral guidance, self-esteem and a voice telling them, this world will have to be faced with heart, knowledge, bravery, empathy and a host of other positive attributes if one expects to do well, be happy and live a better life....
    And yes some such great and beloved, kind and dedicated teachers still exist and teach today--but these many decades later , their numbers are infinitely smaller, methinks.. A very sad reality, IMHO...-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 08-20-2019 at 12:17 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.