Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Parents Upset: Guess Why

Freakin' unreal. BTW Mx. is pronounced, 'mix', cute, huh? :

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/e...8-626f259a9b0b
    Parents upset over 'Gender Unicorn' hand-outs at Central California middle school

The teacher told administrators he wanted to help students understand how he identifies, but some parents are frustrated about the gender identity handout.

Author: Giacomo Luca
    Published: 6:35 PM PDT August 16, 2019
    Updated: 8:04 PM PDT August 16, 2019

DENAIR, Calif. — A Denair Middle School science teacher passed out the “Gender Unicorn” work-sheet to two periods of science students on the first day of class before a principal asked him to stop.

The sheet which features a unicorn, asks students about gender identity, expression, and the person’s sex assigned at birth. The sheet also asks what gender each person is sexually and emotionally attracted to and gives options like man, woman, boy, girl, and other.

The Gender Unicorn was created by Trans Student Educational Resources, an organization that advocates for the LGBT community and distributes educational materials to schools.

“Maybe college or something where, you know, they're old enough - where they can make their own choices,” said Dawna French, a mother of a middle school student in that teacher's class.

Although her daughter was not handed a sheet, French calls the teacher's actions “inappropriate”

“It was not an assignment and students were not required or asked to fill it out,” said Terry Metzger, superintendent of the Denair Unified School District, in a statement.

The teacher was trying to help students understand why he identified using the courtesy title “Mx.” instead of “Mr.,” Metzger wrote.

The teacher did not show the sheet to the school administration or get approval before handing it out. A principal making the first day of school rounds noticed the content on the sheet.

“When she saw the content of the handout, she spoke with the teacher and directed him to stop distributing it,” Metzger said in a statement.

Although Metzger said gender identity is a topic covered in 7-12 grade health classes, the superintendent said the material “definitely wasn’t the right tool for his purpose.”
    and here we go, certainly this is the business of teachers, right? Argggg!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Elementary school kids don't see much wrong with anything and will follow the lead of an elder usually. Foisting this gender identification BS on children is the crime.

Hell, I thought I could move to dodge City and still be a cowboy when I was in elementary school.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Elementary school kids don't see much wrong with anything and will follow the lead of an elder usually. Foisting this gender identification BS on children is the crime.

Hell, I thought I could move to dodge City and still be a cowboy when I was in elementary school.
    Parents have 0 role, time for them to be counted. It's on them though.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Scenario -
    Teacher used title Mx.
    Students asks why they use Mx.
    Teacher should respond how?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Scenario -
    Teacher used title Mx.
    How about using standard pronouns in school? The kids are learning English, not gender speak.

7. Likes SassyLady, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    How about using standard pronouns in school? The kids are learning English, not gender speak.
    Dummies make demands of schools starting in grammar school and their dummy parents support them. That's where and how it often starts. And your reply is perfect - simply not the place. And if they don't like it, then find a private school that caters to such. Otherwise, F off with any demands.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Parents have 0 role, time for them to be counted. It's on them though.
    I kind of agree with your last comment; although, as a parent, it is damned hard to protect children from societal/peer pressure. They hear one thing at home but that's not what their friends are doing or wearing.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Scenario -
    Teacher used title Mx.
    Response? "I'm too 'Mx.'d' up to know what's between my legs".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I kind of agree with your last comment; although, as a parent, it is damned hard to protect children from societal/peer pressure. They hear one thing at home but that's not what their friends are doing or wearing.
    When your kids are not learning what they should or they are learning contrary to what you want them to learn regarding things teachers shouldn't be teaching-go to the administrator, not the teacher. You won't probably hear me say that about anything else.

Teachers already know what they are presenting. If it's crap like the above, talking to them is wasting breath and time. First the principal, then the superintendent, then the school board-with petitions if possible.

If it's your child's behavior, listen to the kid, then go to the teacher. Really listen, shocking that your kid might see something differently and not quite what you want. IF your think it is the teacher, then work your way up the chain again.

14. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Scenario -
    Teacher used title Mx.
    What Kath said.

Are you liberal wimps out to change the whole English language to justify your
    hatred for standing platforms of respect and dignity?

Pretty weak trying to push that rubbish from you Noir.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Obviously....since you asked...

Scenario -
    Teacher used title Mx.

How about MX NOIR ?
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Maybe it’s different in the US, but in the U.K. Mx is and accepted legal title.
    So I dunno where to draw your definition if “standard” from, but if everything from your passport to your Bank statements are under Mx that seems pretty standard to me.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Maybe it’s different in the US, but in the U.K. Mx is and accepted legal title.
    So I dunno where to draw your definition if “standard” from, but if everything from your passport to your Bank statements are under Mx that seems pretty standard to me.
    No, not here. Hope that doesn't change.

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No, not here. Hope that doesn't change.
    And if it did change would you then accept that a teacher could use the title Mx?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

And if it did change would you then accept that a teacher could use the title Mx?
    Then it wouldn't be questioned, it would be the norm.

Not all changes are for the better.

22. Thanks STTAB, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Drummond liked this post