Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

As is the wont, the thread has gone in a related but off my main point, which I do like. I like the discussion, but still wonder how many, including @Noir, understand why this back and forth, no matter what your position, is not something to be that I find appropriate in school, especially before perhaps 11th or 12th year of school? It certainly isn't something a 2nd or 3rd grader should be pressured by a teacher to 'take a stand about,' when they should be studying their math facts and haven't a clue to what the discussion would be about.

Thus, the teacher placing an 8 year old in the position of 'agreeing' to use a title that they've no clue to the underlying meaning?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Drummond, STTAB, Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Merriam-Webster, citing the first use of gender as definition 1a (which I posted above) as being from the 14th Century.
    I look forward to your evidence, Noir, that definition 1a comes from the same period as 2c, which is the first example offered of any differing actual usage of the terms. I'm raising this, Noir, as something to query .. because in 2c, there's mention of, I quote:

Those seeking state driver's licenses in Massachusetts are closer to being able to designate their gender as "X" instead of "male" or "female."
    I look forward to your evidence that drivers licences were ever a consideration, back in the 14th century .....

You see the problem ? NO, repeat, NO, evidence has been offered showing that differing applications of 'sex' v 'gender' were ever employed before recent times. You need, in order to prove your point, to show that differences in concepts between the two terms are anything other than recent invention.

2/10 (given for effort, not any result !). Must try harder, my son !
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I look forward to your evidence, Noir, that definition 1a comes from the same period as 2c, which is the first example offered of any differing actual usage of the terms. I'm raising this, Noir, as something to query .. because in 2c, there's mention of, I quote:

I look forward to your evidence that drivers licences were ever a consideration, back in the 14th century .....

You see the problem ? NO, repeat, NO, evidence has been offered showing that differing applications of 'sex' v 'gender' were ever employed before recent times. You need, in order to prove your point, to show that differences in concepts between the two terms are anything other than recent invention.

2/10 (given for effort, not any result !). Must try harder, my son !
    You’ll have to contact Merriam-Webster and ask them why they are lying(?) about first sourcing definition 1a to the 14th Century.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

You’ll have to contact Merriam-Webster and ask them why they are lying(?) about first sourcing definition 1a to the 14th Century.
    Evasive at absolute best.

Now do as I've asked. Link (or links) proving that the differences between definitions that you CLAIM exist, go back decades &/or generations, as proof of your claim that they've 'always been different'.

You might start with an actual link leading us to what you posted, then work from there to help prove what you assert. Until you do, I consider that your claim is unproven.

After all, if you are right, there must be multiple proofs out there ! Yes ?

Oh, and I'm still waiting for proof that driving licences were something to think about, in the 14th century ......
    Last edited by Drummond; 08-21-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Noir is merely trying to prove to us...

There HAVE TO BE THREE GENDERS....according to his lack of common sense, and reasoning. So...I will happily agree with Noir on this one.

Only if Noir will fess up, and tell us which Gender is Noir's Chosen number.... 1. Male 2. Female 3. Undetermined (confused).
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

7. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    As is the wont, the thread has gone in a related but off my main point, which I do like. I like the discussion, but still wonder how many, including @Noir, understand why this back and forth, no matter what your position, is not something to be that I find appropriate in school, especially before perhaps 11th or 12th year of school? It certainly isn't something a 2nd or 3rd grader should be pressured by a teacher to 'take a stand about,' when they should be studying their math facts and haven't a clue to what the discussion would be about.

Thus, the teacher placing an 8 year old in the position of 'agreeing' to use a title that they've no clue to the underlying meaning?
    I was going to say that for you but the munchkin decided to get up early .
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

That is exactly correct. All that personal opinion trash should be parked at the door. Indoctrinating at an early age is not teaching at all.
    It is warping young minds to follow a terrible path into adulthood. They are trying to manipulate personalities at an early age. That really
    should be a crime, reason for suspension from the school system.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    That is exactly correct. All that personal opinion trash should be parked at the door. Indoctrinating at an early age is not teaching at all.
    It is warping young minds to follow a terrible path into adulthood. They are trying to manipulate personalities at an early age. That really
    should be a crime, reason for suspension from the school system.
    If any adult male ever corrects me(thus insults me) and demands that I use that ridiculous title instead of Mr.,
    well lets just say I would be immediately placed in a quandary as to whether to slap the asshat or else hit him with my closed fist.
    A coin toss, could go either way.. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

12. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

For what materials/lessons are taught in school, sure there’s a discussion to be had on relevance etc. But for something like someone’s name or other personal identifiers (for example a wedding ring) they seem completely appropriate to me.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

For what materials/lessons are taught in school, sure there’s a discussion to be had on relevance etc. But for something like someone’s name or other personal identifiers (for example a wedding ring) they seem completely appropriate to me.
    Not when it causes enough stir to make a news program.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    If any adult male ever corrects me(thus insults me) and demands that I use that ridiculous title instead of Mr.,
    well lets just say I would be immediately placed in a quandary as to whether to slap the asshat or else hit him with my closed fist.
    A coin toss, could go either way.. -Tyr
    Hey everyone look we have our very own ANTIFA member "say what I don't like and I"ll hit you"

Of course we all know Mr Big Talk is full of shit, so no harm no foul

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It seems appropriate to you because you are a liberal parrot who is okay with anything the left does. If these dipshits were introducing first graders to marijuana during school hours you would be on here trying to justify it

Noir, most of these schools pushing this kinda shit aren't even getting their students up to grade level in the core subjects. How about if those teachers focus on their fucking jobs?

17. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Hey everyone look we have our very own ANTIFA member "say what I don't like and I"ll hit you"

Of course we all know Mr Big Talk is full of shit, so no harm no foul

What the hell .. ????

STTAB, why did you post this ? You can't believe yourself to be justified in doing so.

Tyr is a fine contributor to this forum ... he commands my respect, on a number of levels (not least that he's a dedicated RIGHT WING patriot). By no stretch of the imagination could he have come within a light year of deserving this abuse, abuse which, by the way, grossly libels him.

Rethink what you've posted. I suggest you apologise.

19. Thanks Kathianne, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post

What the hell .. ????

STTAB, why did you post this ? You can't believe yourself to be justified in doing so.

Tyr is a fine contributor to this forum ... he commands my respect, on a number of levels (not least that he's a dedicated RIGHT WING patriot). By no stretch of the imagination could he have come within a light year of deserving this abuse, abuse which, by the way, grossly libels him.

Rethink what you've posted. I suggest you apologise.

I posted that because left, right. center, black, white, patriot, hates America , I don't care when you talk about hitting people who say things you don't agree with, you absolutely deserve to be called out for it, and in point of fact the people we should MOST be calling out for it are the people who align with you politically. I've no doubt that if Petey came in here and posted that he'd beat someone up if they said something he didn't like that you would , rightfully, call him out for such.

IT's called having a principle sir, and one of my principles is I don't cotton to hitting people who use words we don't like.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I posted that because left, right. center, black, white, patriot, hates America , I don't care when you talk about hitting people who say things you don't agree with, you absolutely deserve to be called out for it, and in point of fact the people we should MOST be calling out for it are the people who align with you politically. I've no doubt that if Petey came in here and posted that he'd beat someone up if they said something he didn't like that you would , rightfully, call him out for such.

IT's called having a principle sir, and one of my principles is I don't cotton to hitting people who use words we don't like.
    You were asked - told - repeatedly to stop replying to a few people who have you on ignore. It serves NO PURPOSE to go nasty or personal with someone who can't even read your comments. Doesn't matter that you don't like what they have posted. All involved know all that was said to everyone - and those folks held up their end of the bargain and you replied anyway, even when I asked you not to. That's why you were thread banned fro several threads for doing so yesterday. Then apparently you state you are leaving, instead of just not replying to people who have you on ignore. Makes no sense at all to me, but your choice to make.

Others are/were upset that this "wasn't handled" - when posts were NEVER REPORTED nor did I get any contact whatsoever - other than they were leaving as well - even though the issue WAS handled within minutes of me very initially finding out. Neither myself, nor others on staff, read every single thread and every post - that's why the report a post function is important - or alternatively one can PM me directly. If either of those happen, I get notified. The only thing I was notified about was folks leaving.

I have bent backwards IMO for all involved. While all involved had gotten angry or whatever at times, the primary thing was freedom of speech, while still trying to handle the issue. Then its come to this. Did I fight with any involved? Nope. Did I ignore any pleas for assistance or when a post was reported in the past few days? Nope. Was I on here with the ability to read everything 24x7? Nope, been sick and that's why you saw limited posts from me. Yet - within minutes it was handled. By that time, some quit already. Then "handling" the issue had yet another choose to leave.

Did freedom of speech work? Nope.
    Did talking with other members and reasoning with them help? Nope.
    Did getting folks to use the ignore feature solve the issue? Nope.

I tried. But unsure what folks want - SHORT of folks wanting the other person instantly banned over things they don't like. Or allowing a free for all. Neither is or ever was going to happen.

Sucks, and I saw some involved as friends, but I cannot help if not even asked to, and can't be any more lenient, IMO.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

22. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post