Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    They only sell systems at that company, but all the guts are top notch. If looking for just parts, I like to use Tigerdirect, or locally I drive to a Microcenter store.

Excellent news bro!! Glad you're back to where you should be.
    I ordered that big Dell.

I'm just sick and tired of this OLD DINOSAUR I have in my shop. Music streaming has started screwing up and the sound is crap. It jumps out and in of stereo and cuts out, and I know it's the computer. I've changed HDMI cables, and checked everything else multiple times, and it's not my receiver because it plays TV and streaming music off Mediacom perfect. So I can move my other much newer, only a year old, HP desktop from the house out here to the shop and SHIT CAN this ANCIENT old HP out here. It has to be 15 years old AT LEAST. It was designed for Windows XP and it's been a PAIN IN THE ASS from DAY ONE. My son threw this old thing together YEARS ago, and I've milked it and fixed and tried to get it to work better but to no avail. It's HISTORY.

Ya know, there's just no denying, at least for me anyway, how large of a part computers play in my life. I use ALL my computers DAILY, for all sorts of stuff. I'm just SUNK without them, and they all have a different function. The laptop because it's portable, the backroom desktop for streaming music to the Yamaha amp for when I'm working out, and other things of course, and the shop computer because I look stuff up for information on fixing things, and music also, of course, and I've gotten used to that... I NEED IT...

I SURELY didn't want to dump $2,500 on a computer right now, but, such is life. I put it on payments so it will be less painful.

@jimnyc
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-20-2019 at 03:19 PM.