Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Then you're going home with a Walmart special for 500 or less you fu**er!! j/k

But my favorite saying of all time is "You get what you pay for". I've done the bare bones and buy every piece myself far too many times to care, like a million times. Gets to be a pain after awhile. So off to system build land to just get it all in one shot. I don't have any issue with laptops. I have 2 tablets in addition to my desktops. But if I were to get me a laptop I would want an old fashioned docking station. I'm talking one that you drop into place in a port and you can close it and go to the KB/Mouse/monitor and use it just as well as a desktop - almost. Not as expandable, if at all. And one pain in the ass to work on if you ever tried to open yourself!! I prefer to work on the issues myself instead of sending it out for repairs, so I have to then have access to the guts for swaps and upgrades. Not to mention, IMO, I think a desktop is just faster. I can have 2-3 drives inside the unit, and a DVD unit, and then have a million connections on the outside to add-on. Just more expandable. But yeah, you newfound liberal types like to get your laptops and go to Starbucks for a coffee or seventy.

Me?

I think you cursed me bro. Yesterday afternoon my little laptop in the garage went out. Yes I went and bought a $149 Chromebook at WalMart. Of course I also buy $100 WM cell phones. LOL just not a priority for me. I'd rather spend the money on my kids.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The MONSTER arrived... BIG... HEAVY... MIND NUMBING fast. Updates that usually take hours barely took 15 minutes... just unreal... my music sounds better also, sounds more full, and tighter, could be from the tech running all that new cable, could be from a much higher end USB 3.1a connection, or both, in any case I'm loving the improvement in sound also...

@jimnyc
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-23-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I liked the specs so I'm sure it'll make ya happy for some years to come! Glad to see it's performance is already doing just that! And Dell makes a quality put together product. And that's also a sweet looking case to top it off!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I do not know all the technical jargon you guys do, but when I replaced my PC in January,
    Got an HP Gaming 790-0045se with 16 GB RAM and I TB hard drive.

They also included a parts decal of all the components that I pasted on top of the tower
    in case I had to take it to a shop for work needing done. That came in handy because loading
    the printer corrupted it. Got the tech to reset everything and he remoted in and helped me
    download the printer, getting rid of useless add-ons and such.

Now it runs like a champ!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

6. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I liked the specs so I'm sure it'll make ya happy for some years to come! Glad to see it's performance is already doing just that! And Dell makes a quality put together product. And that's also a sweet looking case to top it off!
    I think that was the most painless computer setup I've ever done so far. On top of it being blazing fast and any updates not taking any time at all, just sign in to Windows, sync, download chrome, sign in, sync, couple other things and done, up and running, simple as pie. Going to install my Adobe Photoshop CS5 and couple different video editing programs today... maybe... if I have time. Starting canning tomatoes today too. Might be an all day ordeal.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-24-2019 at 09:15 AM.