Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
Then you're going home with a Walmart special for 500 or less you fu**er!! j/k

But my favorite saying of all time is "You get what you pay for". I've done the bare bones and buy every piece myself far too many times to care, like a million times. Gets to be a pain after awhile. So off to system build land to just get it all in one shot. I don't have any issue with laptops. I have 2 tablets in addition to my desktops. But if I were to get me a laptop I would want an old fashioned docking station. I'm talking one that you drop into place in a port and you can close it and go to the KB/Mouse/monitor and use it just as well as a desktop - almost. Not as expandable, if at all. And one pain in the ass to work on if you ever tried to open yourself!! I prefer to work on the issues myself instead of sending it out for repairs, so I have to then have access to the guts for swaps and upgrades. Not to mention, IMO, I think a desktop is just faster. I can have 2-3 drives inside the unit, and a DVD unit, and then have a million connections on the outside to add-on. Just more expandable. But yeah, you newfound liberal types like to get your laptops and go to Starbucks for a coffee or seventy.

Me?

I think you cursed me bro. Yesterday afternoon my little laptop in the garage went out. Yes I went and bought a $149 Chromebook at WalMart. Of course I also buy $100 WM cell phones. LOL just not a priority for me. I'd rather spend the money on my kids.