Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default What do you think about the KY and LA laws requiring schools to post "In God We Trust

somewhere visible on campus?

Myself I think they are dickhead laws that do not contribute to education of students and are meant solely to irritate people on the left.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post

Myself I think they are dickhead laws that do not contribute to education of students and are meant solely to irritate people on the left.
    I'm ok with it. Even if it offends people on the left. It might not have contributed to my education as a child but it didn't corrupt me either. I just felt it comforted those who needed it and anyone who didn't could ignore.

I think the Pledge of Allegiance should be said every day as well and I know that pisses off people on the left too.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

3. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I'm ok with it. Even if it offends people on the left. It might not have contributed to my education as a child but it didn't corrupt me either. I just felt it comforted those who needed it and anyone who didn't could ignore.

I think the Pledge of Allegiance should be said every day as well and I know that pisses off people on the left too.
    Damn straight. I did. This IS America, and if you don't want to pledge allegiance to America then what the hell you doing here? LEAVE!
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-20-2019 at 09:25 PM.

5. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

If they do piss off the liberal whiners, so what? I have to imagine the majority of citizens see no harm in them

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post

Behind you 100%. Come to a VFW, American Legion, or Disabled American Veterans meeting and tell them you are offended.
    Might get your head handed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Damn straight. I did. This IS America, and if you don't want to pledge allegiance to America then what the hell you doing here? LEAVE!
    Agreed!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

7. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

If the states say it's ok, I'd say that the school boards should be able to make the decision based upon their own school. I'm betting though that it may be brought to higher courts.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    If the states say it's ok, I'd say that the school boards should be able to make the decision based upon their own school. I'm betting though that it may be brought to higher courts.

It seems everyone has missed my point. I wasn't saying the law should be revoked if it pisses of liberals. I'm saying we shouldn't be passing laws in regards to our school that do not enhance education just because they piss off liberals.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It seems everyone has missed my point. I wasn't saying the law should be revoked if it pisses of liberals. I'm saying we shouldn't be passing laws in regards to our school that do not enhance education just because they piss off liberals.
    I didn't miss your point. I addressed the problem or cause for the law. Let each school board-not the principal, decide what's best for their school.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I didn't miss your point. I addressed the problem or cause for the law. Let each school board-not the principal, decide what's best for their school.
    That is the antithesis of this law exactly. This law does NOT allow each school board to decide, instead it mandates . And you're an educator, do you TRULY believe having this motto on the wall at school improves the education process at the school? Of course it does not and thus the government shouldn't be dictating . This was/is nothing more than an asshole move by conservatives in those two states aimed at pissing off liberals. I'm sick of both sides trying to use the law simply to make "the other side" mad.

This is exactly no different than the NY law recently passed allowing late third term abortions. That law did nothing to make women healthier or safer and thus shouldn't have been passed to begin with , it doesn't conform to the spirit of the letter of Roe V Wade, but liberals in NY did it anyway because they knew it would piss off conservatives.

I'm just tired of it, can't we start electing some grown ups?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

That is the antithesis of this law exactly. This law does NOT allow each school board to decide, instead it mandates . And you're an educator, do you TRULY believe having this motto on the wall at school improves the education process at the school? Of course it does not and thus the government shouldn't be dictating . This was/is nothing more than an asshole move by conservatives in those two states aimed at pissing off liberals. I'm sick of both sides trying to use the law simply to make "the other side" mad.

This is exactly no different than the NY law recently passed allowing late third term abortions. That law did nothing to make women healthier or safer and thus shouldn't have been passed to begin with , it doesn't conform to the spirit of the letter of Roe V Wade, but liberals in NY did it anyway because they knew it would piss off conservatives.

I'm just tired of it, can't we start electing some grown ups?

Aren't you one of the people that said, 'Vote for the winner?'

I'm conservative, I will always side for public decisions to be decided at the level of government closest to the people. In this case, fix the law to put final decision in hands of elected school boards.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

[/B]

Aren't you one of the people that said, 'Vote for the winner?'

I'm conservative, I will always side for public decisions to be decided at the level of government closest to the people. In this case, fix the law to put final decision in hands of elected school boards.
    You say that, but you have yet to come out and just say "no these states shouldn't have passed these laws"

as for "vote for the winner" I'm assuming you are referring to Trump there, and while it's true that in some ways Trump is a childish jerk, it is also true that in MANY ways he's the only adult in Washington.

It can also be true that a person may not love Trump, I certainly do not, but the alternative is so horrifying that a person just has to take it. If the DNC takes over the WH in 2020 this country is finished as a functioning democracy, if that means I have to say "okay Trump can be a giant baby at times, but I have to vote for him" I don't feel that collides with my statements about electing adults at all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

You say that, but you have yet to come out and just say "no these states shouldn't have passed these laws"

as for "vote for the winner" I'm assuming you are referring to Trump there, and while it's true that in some ways Trump is a childish jerk, it is also true that in MANY ways he's the only adult in Washington.

It can also be true that a person may not love Trump, I certainly do not, but the alternative is so horrifying that a person just has to take it. If the DNC takes over the WH in 2020 this country is finished as a functioning democracy, if that means I have to say "okay Trump can be a giant baby at times, but I have to vote for him" I don't feel that collides with my statements about electing adults at all.
    Again, I'm a conservative. The states have a right to pass laws for their states. Their constituents have the right to challenge those laws through the court system. If local school boards can find a way around the law, they can give that a whirl.

I don't care whom you voted for or why. OTOH, I do not appreciate others, which includes you, to tell me whom I should vote for and why it should be your choice and not mine.

15. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Again, I'm a conservative. The states have a right to pass laws for their states. Their constituents have the right to challenge those laws through the court system. If local school boards can find a way around the law, they can give that a whirl.

I don't care whom you voted for or why. OTOH, I do not appreciate others, which includes you, to tell me whom I should vote for and why it should be your choice and not mine.
    I have NEVER told you who to vote for. I would never dare do so. That's YOUR vote. I can certainly understand having a dislike of Trump. I've merely stated that we can't risk a Democrat holding office.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I have NEVER told you who to vote for. I would never dare do so. That's YOUR vote. I can certainly understand having a dislike of Trump. I've merely stated that we can't risk a Democrat holding office.
    Right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Right.
    It's true, they have went off the fucking deep end and electing any of them would be the next step in the end of this country.

Think about this. These are people who believe that shitting in the fucking open street should not be illegal, but want plastic water bottles outlawed.