Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    These 4 are the face of the democrat party.

Whatever they accomplish with the election and this prism doesn't bother me nearly as much as what I fear it will do to teaching kids. History is screwed up enough, this will put a nail in the coffin.
    We hold certain facts to be facts based n our education and perception. This is the same thing. Don't like what people believe? Change what they believe is fact. It's just more mind control.

As a "spin off", look at some of the things we believe as a society. At least things I was taught. A lot based on circumstances surrounding the facts. All Russians are commies and want to destroy the US. All Arabs are extremist, militant terrorists and want to kill or convert the entire World. Neither statement is factual. But we as a society believe (or believed) it to be true. And I am not arguing these points themselves. Just that they are widely held beliefs based on "education", be it from the school, media or society. People don't bother to actually research the topics in depth enough to actually have an educated opinion. They just accept it as truth because everyone else does.

The minority is the people who DO educate themselves and they are more likely than not ignored at the least, ridiculed and my favorite "you just don't understand " because you disagree.

The 1619 Project will be no different. IF the NYT can get it disseminated, discussed by the uneducated who take the cliff notes that suit them and run, and get it to take on a life of its own, it will be just like any other crap belief. Man-made global warming anyone? How about the Keefover (sp) Hearings? Look how many people buy off on that. People who have the power to address the masses are not held accountable for it. Sure, McCarthy ended up losing his career when it was already over in the end. As he should have. How many peoples lives did he destroy in the meantime?

Mass hysteria and/or indoctrination is nothing new. Nor is the abuse of it. Behind every bit of it from day one? An irresponsible, agenda-driven media (in whatever form).
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    We hold certain facts to be facts based n our education and perception. This is the same thing. Don't like what people believe? Change what they believe is fact. It's just more mind control.

As a "spin off", look at some of the things we believe as a society. At least things I was taught. A lot based on circumstances surrounding the facts. All Russians are commies and want to destroy the US. All Arabs are extremist, militant terrorists and want to kill or convert the entire World. Neither statement is factual. But we as a society believe (or believed) it to be true. And I am not arguing these points themselves. Just that they are widely held beliefs based on "education", be it from the school, media or society. People don't bother to actually research the topics in depth enough to actually have an educated opinion. They just accept it as truth because everyone else does.

The minority is the people who DO educate themselves and they are more likely than not ignored at the least, ridiculed and my favorite "you just don't understand " because you disagree.

The 1619 Project will be no different. IF the NYT can get it disseminated, discussed by the uneducated who take the cliff notes that suit them and run, and get it to take on a life of its own, it will be just like any other crap belief. Man-made global warming anyone? How about the Keefover (sp) Hearings? Look how many people buy off on that. People who have the power to address the masses are not held accountable for it. Sure, McCarthy ended up losing his career when it was already over in the end. As he should have. How many peoples lives did he destroy in the meantime?

Mass hysteria and/or indoctrination is nothing new. Nor is the abuse of it. Behind every bit of it from day one? An irresponsible, agenda-driven media (in whatever form).

Perhaps why something like this gets to me? I am not real good going along with the crowd, especially when the crowd is going in a demonstrable bad direction. I've always been like this. LOL!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Perhaps why something like this gets to me? I am not real good going along with the crowd, especially when the crowd is going in a demonstrable bad direction. I've always been like this. LOL!

We couldn't tell LOL

On topic. I love how leftists want to pretend both that the US was founded on slavery and that the US invented slavery.

Slavery is a terrible part of our past, but that's exactly what it is, terrible and a PART of our PAST. A great deal of our history in fact is in the removal of slavery. And certainly in the last 180 years or so no country on Earth has done more to free black and brown people around the world than ours.

6. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    We couldn't tell LOL

On topic. I love how leftists want to pretend both that the US was founded on slavery and that the US invented slavery.

Slavery is a terrible part of our past, but that's exactly what it is, terrible and a PART of our PAST. A great deal of our history in fact is in the removal of slavery. And certainly in the last 180 years or so no country on Earth has done more to free black and brown people around the world than ours.
    For someone with the PhD in history, one would think you'd see history through a different prism.

The the other fallacy, either you're failing to read or you're trying to lead others down a false path? As bad as the project is, there premise was never to say US invented slavery.

They're not pretending to believe a word of it, again, contained within the transcript.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2...-1619-project/

...Magness wrote an entire piece on that error last month. He concludes, “The worthy historical task of documenting the horrors of American slavery has been cynically repurposed into an ideological attack on free-market capitalism.”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I brought up Howard Zinn for the simple reason that there is no one that I know of, who has been as influential on students educated since 1978. That includes most of the writers, including editors and contributors to the MSM. The same people who are now putting forward the 1619 project, already being used in schools.

Without a true understanding of how the country was founded, what sacrifices were made for freedom, Constitution, fighting to end slavery, and so much more. Without understanding of how they fit into the society, why individualism IS important, though so is the common good, this Constitution will not last.

The following results found by the WSJ are not influenced by the new, 'America sucks and always has because the only true leaders were black and slavery! That's going to really help these results. What has been wrought by the revisionism, literally millions of young people from school aged-40 year olds. An example of results:

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...ren-important/

Poll: Younger Americans Much Less Likely To Say That Patriotism, Religion, And Having Children Are “Very Important”
    ALLAHPUNDITPosted at 5:31 pm on August 26, 2019

The WSJ didn’t provide partisan splits on each question, but if you suspect that young Democrats are driving this collapse in basic American values, you’re correct: “In fact, the views of Democrats over age 50 were more in line with those of younger Republicans than with younger members of their own party.” Call it the AOC-ization of the Democratic Party. Thanks to the drift among progressives, the overall share of the public that says each of the values listed above is “very important” has declined significantly since 1998. As a society, we’re now nine points less likely to say patriotism is very important, 12 points less likely to say that religion is, and 16 points(!) less likely to say that having children is. The last of those is actually under 50 percent, in fact, with just 43 percent finding it “very important” to have children.

If forced to choose between children and time on one’s smartphone, the choice is clear.

Just one wrinkle. How much can we trust the age groupings in this poll? Putting the Silent Generation and the Boomers together doesn’t fully compute. Older members of the Silent Generation lived through World War II; Boomers were born after the war and have Vietnam as their most vivid military memory. You’re probably going to see some differences on patriotism between those groups. Likewise for the pairing of millennials and Generation Z. The former remember 9/11 and the Iraq war; the latter remember … I don’t know what. The financial crisis, maybe? Certainly the dawning of the Trump era. I’d be curious to know if there are any differences within these broad demographic pairings on basic values questions given their life experiences.

11. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I just read the article. Baby Boomers = Garbage generation?

It doesn’t appear to state what young people would list as important in their stead. I’d love to know. I’m guessing that in addition to the devaluing of the three things in the survey, they find important:
    1. The environment
    2. Empowerment of women and minorities
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I just read the article. Baby Boomers = Garbage generation?

It doesn’t appear to state what young people would list as important in their stead. I’d love to know. I’m guessing that in addition to the devaluing of the three things in the survey, they find important:
    1. The environment
    2. Empowerment of women and minorities
    Exactly Abbey! Take a look at any 'social studies' book written at the end of 70s through today. They are formulated: 'here's traditional' people considered influential and what they are credited with. (on sidebars, the text highlights controversial or questionable actions.) Next sections cover 'big actions' of period, with all the 'peoples' and 'environmental impacts' of those actions. Lastly is a section with 'influential minorities' that either haven't been credited or marginalized at the time. Every chapter is laid out in that matter, growing in stridency as publishing dates become more current.

That was without an 'prism' such as Slavery!

Howard Zinn-read about him-is the major contributor to the re-writing of history since late 60s/70s.

Couple the revision and throw in 'No Child Left Behind' which removed social studies/civic/science from 'national testing.' It's the reason that many schools no longer are teaching any history until 6th grade and that is World History.

Literally there has been nearly 50 years where we have not been educating the future into the story of our country; responsibilities or benefits of the system. They learn 'democracy!' but not about republic or federalism.

A preventable, but purposeful mess.

14. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

All I see is... "hate whitey."

I don't think black Americans will ever be happy until they see white people in chains picking cotton. The hatred of whites by blacks is certainly deep and intense enough.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Well I'm not the only one being more 'woke' by the 1619 project and earlier, related trends:

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/08/2...ot-propaganda/

Public schools should be places of learning, not propaganda
    By JOEL KOTKIN and DOUG HAVARD | Orange County Register
    PUBLISHED: August 24, 2019 at 9:22 am | UPDATED: August 24, 2019 at 9:22 am

California likes to think of itself as the brain center of the universe, but increasingly much of that intellectual content comes from somewhere else. Once a leader in educational innovation and performance, California is now toward the bottom of the pack.

Despite these failings, the powerful California Teachers Association, emboldened by the huge Democratic gains in 2018, continues to push an aggressive and fundamentally reactionary approach to education, spending upwards of a million a month to curtail the surge of innovative charter schools in the state. This is particularly critical in lower-income communities, such as the East Bay, central Orange County and Los Angeles, where the state’s public schools have consistently failed and where some charters have made considerable strides through reforms and innovations.

But nothing has been more illustrative of the political agenda of our educational establishment than the recent draft curriculum for an “ethnic studies” course for the state’s schools. Although this curriculum has created a firestorm of opposition and is unlikely to be adopted as is, the fact is the curriculum reflected a far-left agenda that is deeply entrenched in the educational establishment.

Cadres or careers?

The scariest thing about the ethnic studies curriculum may not be its ultimate content but how it reflects an ideology that advocates indoctrination of youngsters who often don’t even have the most basic understanding of sociology or history.

Often incapable of meeting basic grade-level English language and mathematics standards, these students would be forced to learn academic jargon like misogynoir, cisheteropatriarchy and hxrstory.

Indoctrinating the young has long been a favored priority for activists, including on the religious right. After a decade or two of concern with actual performance, ideological information and indoctrination has been increasingly de rigueur in schools through the West. Educators have been moving toward scrapping such things as exit exams and clearly comparable measures of achievement.

Yes, these young people may be getting diplomas, but do they have the skills, academic as well as social, to compete in the real world?

So far, the answer is largely no. California’s 8th graders, on average, have fallen well behind the rest of the country in science, mathematics and reading scores — including even demographically similar states such as Texas and New York. Almost three of five California high schoolers are not prepared for either college or a career; the percentages are far higher for Latinos, African American and the economically disadvantaged. It’s hard to see how they will benefit by being schooled in an anti-capitalist ideology while countries like China and India focus on preparing students for the challenges of the global economy.

Is there an alternative model?

California’s educational shortfalls are clear to most business leaders we interview. Whether on the shop floor, or in a laboratory, California’s inattention to basic skills education has had catastrophic results in many communities. This is particularly true in manufacturing and engineering — historically strengths of the state, notably in the Bay Area and across Southern California.

Fortunately, some California communities, notably Long Beach, are focusing increasingly on skills education. Well-developed linkages between schools such as California State University Long Beach, Long Beach public schools and Long Beach City College with companies such as Virgin Orbit and Toyota, provide a uniquely aligned cradle-to-career learning environment. The Long Beach Education Partnership, a coalition of leaders between the three local educational institutions and industries, was developed in the early 1990s to stimulate economic growth and build regional skills capacity.

Through initiatives such as the Maritime Center of Excellence and the Center for Community and Industry Partnerships at Long Beach City College, the coalition continues to build innovative models for skills-based education aligned to in-demand industry jobs as well as connecting students to those career opportunities. Similarly, initiatives have been launched in both the Central Valley and the Inland Empire to build similar educational partnerships with industry.

Ultimately most firms here don’t need ideological warriors nearly as much as trained technicians of all sorts, well-trained managers and practically minded engineers. You can’t run a high-tech lathe, manage logistics or design programs for space vehicles with ideology.

Education should not be a political issue

Ultimately, the biggest losers from the shift from skills to indoctrination, as well as the assault on charter schools, will be those about whom the progressives most lament about: the poor, minorities and immigrants. In contrast, a failing education system, particularly in poor communities, does not much disturb a well-educated hipster without children or those wealthy enough to live in an elite suburb or pay for private school.

Given its global allure and gobs of cash, Google may not need better local high schools and community colleges since they can draw their employees from everywhere. But most Californians and local businesses depend on basic public education.

Public schools need to focus not on ideology but on intelligent pragmatism. They should focus on both on improving reading and math scores and becoming reliable suppliers of talent to our local companies.

It may seem as simply as two plus two, but, sadly, for too much of our educational establishment this simple logic does not compute. This growing dysfunction will only change when Californians, particularly parents and companies, insist our schools perform as they were meant to do — training the future workforce and nurturing the next generation of the middle class.

Joel Kotkin is the R.C. Hobbs Presidential Fellow in Urban Futures at Chapman University in Orange and executive director of the Houston-based Center for Opportunity Urbanism. Doug Havard is a public-school educator and Ph.D. student at Chapman University’s Attallah College of Educational Studies.

17. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

For someone with the PhD in history, one would think you'd see history through a different prism.

The the other fallacy, either you're failing to read or you're trying to lead others down a false path? As bad as the project is, there premise was never to say US invented slavery.

They're not pretending to believe a word of it, again, contained within the transcript.

Yes, I'm well aware that leftists never actually believe ANYTHING they say . That's why I said they love to pretend.

Man Made Climate Change is another clear example of this, their behavior betrays their true beliefs.

We could add abortion and their absurd screams that fetuses are not human life, but we know they don't actually believe this either, because to a person if a woman they knew was 2 months pregnant and someone else killed that fetus they would want them charged with MURDER, which is the unlawful taking of a HUMAN life.

For that matter, does anyone believe that Adam Schiff EVER believed that Trump actually colluded with Russia? Fuck no he never believed that. And neither did any of the other Democrats in Congress.

What about Kavanaugh being a serial rapist in his youth, do you think Diane Feinstein believed that? Hell no she didn't.

And that all goes back to my original post in this thread. It's unbelievable that leftists continually say things that we all know aren't true, and half the country believes them every time regardless of evidence. Democrats truly are the party of stupid, by stupid people for stupid people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Today's Democrat, Radical, Leftists fit the definintion of.......

"Insanity"........ Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different results.

These words are usually credited to Albert Einstein. But, there is no substantive evidence he either wrote, or spoke that statement.

Democrats in Congress are insisting nothing but lies about the President, and continue to Lie just to convince the Most Uninformed, Under-educated Americans...who always vote Democrat "THEY NEVER WOULD LIE TO THEIR EXTORTED, BLACKMAILED VOTERS.

Last edited by icansayit; 08-27-2019 at 05:12 PM.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Best line from article.

To present a truth as the truth is, in fact, a deception.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 09-14-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

22. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

This is another part of the enemies of Trump and their campaign to try to get a progressive/socialist demo-rat into that position.
    These people are nothing short of true bloodied traitors--a damn tragic and sad fact, IMHO.
    And they will succeed unless enough people take notice, take meaningful action to highlight their damn lies, their treason and their true
    political allegiances to Socialism, Marxism, Communism and its renaming to be called - Liberalism-Progressive enlightenment and fly under the Dem party banner why lying to gain office to destroy our nation!
    NYT is a propaganda rag that should be brought up on charges IMHO.
    It is no longer a newspaper that has any legitimate standing.
    To let that rag do this is far, far, far worse than just a damn crying shame.
    It is turning a blind eye to outright lying, corruption, evil, unamerican and definitely treasonous actions/behavior.
    Many of us predicted that they would pull out all stops to try to make sure Trump does not get a second term. -Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 09-14-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

24. Thanks Elessar thanked this post