Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I wonder how many trees need to be planted for keeping all the royal estates comfortable?

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/0...-you-eco-snob/

Freaking funny how Elton John is all upset that the 'regs' are a bit of a tizzy over flights after he 'paid for carbon offsets.' Seems the regs are woke the wrong way!

I'll consider my impact on the climate when the wokes stop flinging their carbon footprints all around, while having others pay for planting trees.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I wonder how many trees need to be planted for keeping all the royal estates comfortable?

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/0...-you-eco-snob/

Freaking funny how Elton John is all upset that the 'regs' are a bit of a tizzy over flights after he 'paid for carbon offsets.' Seems the regs are woke the wrong way!

I'll consider my impact on the climate when the wokes stop flinging their carbon footprints all around, while having others pay for planting trees.
    Yet another plateful of BS from the left. Assuming there IS man-made global warming, what exactly does paying "carbon offsets" to the government do for the environment?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Speaking of what I was saying about the heat: Yesterday we had clouds and humidity that didn't burn off (it actually finally rained last night). But I was sucking for air and soaking wet working out because of the air. Not to mention I had to go buy some sinus med.

Same workout when the humidity is low and the temp over 100 is easier for me to deal with.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Speaking of what I was saying about the heat: Yesterday we had clouds and humidity that didn't burn off (it actually finally rained last night). But I was sucking for air and soaking wet working out because of the air. Not to mention I had to go buy some sinus med.

Same workout when the humidity is low and the temp over 100 is easier for me to deal with.

I'm fine, even with AZ's idea of high humidity up to about 105F. After that? Wilt.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

No A/C growing up in the humid, sweaty Bronx. We had one box fan, which my father kept trained on himself at all times.

I could not handle that now.

And STTAB, wth?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm fine, even with AZ's idea of high humidity up to about 105F. After that? Wilt.
    Our average daily summer temp in 29 Palms was 118. Again, it was oven-like heat. First summer I was there I was sitting outside the dry cleaners waiting on my ride and glanced up at the temp reading on the cleaner's sign: 121. And I was sitting on the curb in the jeans thinking nothing of it. I thought, "Well, guess I'm acclimatized now" . Never heard of that before the desert but you weren't even allowed to go to unit PT for the first month you get assigned there. We worked from 6AM to 2PM during the summer. Different World.

Went from there to Okinawa where you stepped off the plane and it was like someone threw a wet blanket over your head

THIS, is NOT a user-friendly place to live climate-wise. One tends to forget that when living all over the World and the topic "home" comes up.

12. Likes Kathianne liked this post