Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mouth of the Rogue River, Oregon USA
    Posts
    9,338
    Thanks (Given)
    7946
    Thanks (Received)
    7810
    Likes (Given)
    1424
    Likes (Received)
    1469
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19593861

    Default Earth's Magnetic Field..

    is shifting. Magnetic North is shifting toward Siberia.

    These articles can explain it better than I:
    https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/news/airpo...magnetic-field

    https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/news/world...-cycle-release
    Last edited by Elessar; 08-22-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

    A Deplorable!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Thanks (Given)
    3713
    Thanks (Received)
    3954
    Likes (Given)
    3851
    Likes (Received)
    2302
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19774558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    is shifting. Magnetic North is shifting toward Siberia.

    These articles can explain it better than I:
    https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/news/airpo...magnetic-field

    https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/news/world...-cycle-release
    I've heard this... yeah the North Pole and Magnetic North are not in the same place.

    I heard another wild thing on some program on TV awhile back, that from the amount of concrete being poured on earth, especially in China, that the sheer weight of it could actually shift the earth's rotating axis, and that they're thinking of adding weight to the planet on the opposite side to offset it... unreal.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-22-2019 at 09:18 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,734
    Thanks (Given)
    238
    Thanks (Received)
    331
    Likes (Given)
    385
    Likes (Received)
    111
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I thought NOAA was full of obama scientists. Now you trust them?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mouth of the Rogue River, Oregon USA
    Posts
    9,338
    Thanks (Given)
    7946
    Thanks (Received)
    7810
    Likes (Given)
    1424
    Likes (Received)
    1469
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19593861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    I thought NOAA was full of obama scientists. Now you trust them?
    You starting off with that off topic negative shit again?

    I worked closely with the NWS in Eureka CA and did not give a damn about their politics.

    Crawl back into your hole.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

    A Deplorable!

  5. Likes Drummond liked this post
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mouth of the Rogue River, Oregon USA
    Posts
    9,338
    Thanks (Given)
    7946
    Thanks (Received)
    7810
    Likes (Given)
    1424
    Likes (Received)
    1469
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19593861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I've heard this... yeah the North Pole and Magnetic North are not in the same place.

    I heard another wild thing on some program on TV awhile back, that from the amount of concrete being poured on earth, especially in China, that the sheer weight of it could actually shift the earth's rotating axis, and that they're thinking of adding weight to the planet on the opposite side to offset it... unreal.
    I would have to say that notion is poppycock. That weight comes from natural elements on the planet
    to begin with.

    Some people and their theories! Airheads!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

    A Deplorable!

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Thanks (Given)
    3713
    Thanks (Received)
    3954
    Likes (Given)
    3851
    Likes (Received)
    2302
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19774558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I would have to say that notion is poppycock. That weight comes from natural elements on the planet
    to begin with.

    Some people and their theories! Airheads!

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    USA East Coast
    Posts
    300
    Thanks (Given)
    280
    Thanks (Received)
    195
    Likes (Given)
    42
    Likes (Received)
    159
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1651678

    Default For as long as ALL OF US have been alive, and long before that.

    Ask any Navigator on any ship, or who flies. And they will always tell you.

    The North Pole, and the Magnetic North.....HAVE NEVER BEEN TOGETHER. Ever!
    BYE BYE. I'm not Jewish, and I Do Not Drink. 30 years Dry.

    What a waste of time.

  9. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
  10. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    USA East Coast
    Posts
    300
    Thanks (Given)
    280
    Thanks (Received)
    195
    Likes (Given)
    42
    Likes (Received)
    159
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1651678

    Default Poppycock sounds good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I would have to say that notion is poppycock. That weight comes from natural elements on the planet
    to begin with.

    Some people and their theories! Airheads!
    What a joke that is about weight. Think about it. ONE TON of elements, sand, stone, and concrete mixed together. DO NOT WEIGH ANY MORE THAN ONE TON.

    Same can be said for Humans. Yes...people are obese. But whatever foods, or liquids they have consumed are NOT extra weight from the Earth. So...if every person on Earth weighed 200 pounds....there would be NO INCREASE in the weight of the Earth.

    THINK ABOUT IT.


    Compare it to somebody flying on an airliner that is traveling at 600 MPH. Does that mean....if a FLY goes up the aisle while the plane is traveling at 600 MPH....that the FLY is going faster than the Plane? IF SO...would the FLY arrive at the destination FIRST????

    Think.
    BYE BYE. I'm not Jewish, and I Do Not Drink. 30 years Dry.

    What a waste of time.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Thanks (Given)
    3713
    Thanks (Received)
    3954
    Likes (Given)
    3851
    Likes (Received)
    2302
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19774558

    Default

    Well... we'll all be dead and gone long before any of it means anything anyway.

    I honestly don't think man has that much longer on earth to go. But I'm not talking 10 years, I'm talking maybe another 1,000. If you ask the Christians, we're in the end times and Christ is bound to return soon. Personally, I don't think Christ will return until earth is on it's last leg, and it'll be too late for the greater part of mankind that's left. I think in many ways mankind is devolving, not evolving. Earth will be one huge Sodom and Gomorrah, thanks to the progressives. Our sun is going to explode one day anyway and wipe out our entire solar system, so what does it matter? Mankind would have to master interstellar travel and be able to colonize a planet millions, billions of light years away. Is that ever going to happen? I hate to say no, because ya just never know... they might.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-22-2019 at 08:06 PM.

  12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Wales, UK
    Posts
    10,824
    Thanks (Given)
    19673
    Thanks (Received)
    7603
    Likes (Given)
    1509
    Likes (Received)
    704
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17786395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Well... we'll all be dead and gone long before any of it means anything anyway.

    I honestly don't think man has that much longer on earth to go. But I'm not talking 10 years, I'm talking maybe another 1,000. If you ask the Christians, we're in the end times and Christ is bound to return soon. Personally, I don't think Christ will return until earth is on it's last leg, and it'll be too late for the greater part of mankind that's left. I think in many ways mankind is devolving, not evolving. Earth will be one huge Sodom and Gomorrah, thanks to the progressives. Our sun is going to explode one day anyway and wipe out our entire solar system, so what does it matter? Mankind would have to master interstellar travel and be able to colonize a planet millions, billions of light years away. Is that ever going to happen? I hate to say no, because ya just never know... they might.
    The Sun will turn into a red giant long before it's finished. If we're diligent enough, I reckon we could eke out an existence on Mars, for some time after Earth becomes uninhabitable. Maybe in the additional time, we could devise a method of reliable travel to an as-yet undetected New Earth, far beyond our solar system ?

    In the meantime, it'd definitely help if we didn't blow ourselves up, first ....
    Socialism is a reputability deficiency disease ...

  14. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •