Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Nothing To See Here. . .

It doesn't matter.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/cbo-pro...e-next-decade/

CBO Projects Trillion-Dollar Deficits for the Next Decade—And No One Seems to Care
    BY RICK MORAN AUGUST 21, 2019

A trillion here. A trillion there. A trillion-dollar deficit as far as the eye can see.

But don't worry. You're not talking about real money. This is Trump money, where reality can be manipulated to reflect anything.

So Trump can simply claim the latest CBO report showing deficits beginning in 2020 to hit more than a trillion dollars through 2029, to be fake news. Or a Democratic lie.

It's certainly more appetizing to ignore reality than to accept it.

CNBC:

The U.S. budget deficit is expected to hit $960 billion in 2019, and average a whopping $1.2 trillion per year between 2020 and 2029, according to the CBO’s look ahead at the U.S. budget and economic outlook over the next decade.

The new deficit projection for 2019 rose $63 billion from the last report, which came out in May. The CBO says this is mainly because of the massive new budget deal, which passed both houses of Congress and was signed into law by Trump in early August.

“The nation’s fiscal outlook is challenging,” CBO Director Phillip Swagel said in the report. “Federal debt, which is already high by historical standards, is on an unsustainable course.”

Now, don't worry your pretty little heads about this. After all, Medicare has been saying that spending on the program is "unsustainable" for years and the sky hasn't fallen. Saying spending is "unsustainable" is government-speak for "at least until we can raise your taxes."

Also, this is wartime and we should expect these deficits. What war, you ask? The trade war, of course, silly.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post

No one in Washington actually cares. Not Trump, not the GOP, not the Dems, not even the supposed Freedom Caucus.

There are so many practical real solutions that don't hurt people that could be used to cut this deficit, but no one cares.

The amount of money these people dole out has gotten so large that it seems like monopoly money to them. Baltimore can't explain where $15B over a two year span went? Oh well. $300M for a fighter jet that is being phased out before the first order of 100 is even delivered, yes please. a $10M study on homosexual Chinese Shrimp? We'll take two, etc etc.

Unless and until we figure out a way to take buying votes out of the equation nothing will change.

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

So is Trump money less real that AOC money? Just wondering.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Kathianne, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    So is Trump money less real that AOC money? Just wondering.

Orange man bad, so his deficits are worse than others.

You stupid smelly deplorable Wal Mart shopper

8. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Orange man bad, so his deficits are worse than others.

You stupid smelly deplorable Wal Mart shopper
    I resent THAT. I do NOT shop at Wal Mart

(I support local as much as possible)

At least Trump knows what money is. One of the first things I heard from AOC was when asked where she planned to get the money for her Green New Deal her response was "It's there".
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Likes STTAB liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I resent THAT. I do NOT shop at Wal Mart

(I support local as much as possible)

At least Trump knows what money is. One of the first things I heard from AOC was when asked where she planned to get the money for her Green New Deal her response was "It's there".
    I shop at Wal Mart, just bought a new laptop there last night. Part of living in the boonies, some things if you want them when you want them, it's Wal Mart. Honestly , I can't even think of a local store that sells computers around here. We do have a local appliance store, and he's a nice enough guy, but I'm not spending 50% more on an appliance when I can drive 30 minutes to Home Depot and get the same thing.

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Obama DOUBLED the national debt... where was the concern then?

14. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Obama DOUBLED the national debt... where was the concern then?
    Look it up, EVERYONE here was writing about it, some probably used lots of caps and colors to emphasize their points.

Now though, it's all jolly good! No worries! Moving along.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Nothing, it's nothing:

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...cit-next-year/

We Did It! America Nearing Trillion-Dollar Deficit This Year, Should Run Trillion-Dollar Deficit Next Year Too
    ALLAHPUNDITPosted at 6:01 pm on August 22, 2019

They say America can’t achieve big things anymore, particularly big things that require bipartisan cooperation.

But I’d call this “big.” And it really is an achievement: Imagine how terrible at basic responsible governance both of our national parties needed to be to produce trillion-dollar deficits at a moment of gangbusters economic growth.

Any schmuck can run a deficit when the economy’s shrinking. But when it’s growing steadily and adding six figures in new jobs month after month?

That’s a bona fide accomplishment. The degree of difficulty is off the charts.

The federal budget deficit is growing faster than expected as President Trump’s spending and tax cut policies force the United States to borrow increasing sums of money.
    The deficit — the gap between what the government takes in through taxes and other sources of revenue and what it spends — will reach $960 billion for the 2019 fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30. That gap will widen to $1 trillion for the 2020 fiscal year, the Congressional Budget Office said in updated forecasts released on Wednesday.
    That damage would be even higher if not for lower-than-expected interest rates, which are reducing the amount of money the government has to pay to its lenders. Still, the 2019 deficit is projected to be 25 percent larger than it was in 2018, and the budget office predicts it will continue to rise every year through 2023.

The current record for consecutive years with a deficit increase is five, notes the Times — and that during World War II, when the country was marshaling every available resource towards war.

Choose your culprit here — or rather, don’t choose since they’re not mutually exclusive. It starts with Trump, who’s showed zero interest in spending cuts at the same time that he’s pursued massive revenue reduction in the form of tax cuts. Twitter pal Jeff Dobbs reminded me yesterday of this exchange, immortalized by the Daily Beast in an article from December:

Since the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump’s aides and advisers have tried to convince him of the importance of tackling the national debt…
    The friction came to a head in early 2017 when senior officials offered Trump charts and graphics laying out the numbers and showing a “hockey stick” spike in the national debt in the not-too-distant future. In response, Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office.
    “Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said, according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt.

Trump was chattering about new tax cuts as recently as two days ago, consumed with economic stimulus to improve his electoral chances despite what that would mean for future deficits, particularly entitlements. And that’s on top of the tax revenue lost to the slower pace of economic growth due to his trade war. But it can’t all be laid off on Trump: The many Republican frauds in Congress who pounded the table for smaller government when Obama was in charge are also complicit, of course, starting with Trump’s own chief of staff. If the essential fraudulence of the tea-party era had to be reduced to a single quote, it would be this one from former fiscal superhawk Mick Mulvaney:

Tara Palmeri

Trump told supporters 40-50% of speech will be about foreign policy. When asked if the deficit will be mentioned in #SOTU speech, chief of staff Mulvaney said “nobody cares,” per attendee https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/status/1092864368658841602 …
    Tara Palmeri

NEW: President Trump spoke to 20 Republican supporters yesterday at the WH about what to expect in #SOTU speech. Here are the very broad talking points they handed out, “choosing greatness” in bold.

The post-Trump era for the Republican Party will be a parade of people whimpering that they privately disagreed with a lot of the things he did and said, but none of that pandering will be as disgusting as the Mulvaneys on the Hill suddenly rediscovering that they’re against deficits once Democrats are back in charge. As it is, the best the Times can do to find Republicans in a position of influence willing to criticize Trump’s spending is John Thune sheepishly saying, “I hope in a second term, he is interested” in entitlement reform, as if he and McConnell couldn’t roadblock any legislation they wanted to right now in order to focus Trump on spending.

And then there are the Democrats, for whom any cut to discretionary spending apart from defense spending is a new Holocaust, stealing bread from the mouths of children by reverting to the archaic spending levels the federal government maintained just one or two years ago. Even defense cuts are uncomfortable for them since it leaves them open to the Republican charge that they’re weak on national security. This year’s presidential primary has been a sustained exercise in who can promise more by way of new spending, with Bernie Sanders rolling out a $16 trillion environmental plan literally yesterday. Invariably lip service is paid to how these programs will “pay for themselves” but no one, progressives included, believes that; the federal track record of blowing through budgets is too long for even semi-plausible deniability. “It’ll pay for itself” is just a way of dismissing the inevitable rejoinder that massive new entitlements like Medicare for All and total student-loan forgiveness aren’t within our means. The “best” argument for preferring Democrats to the modern GOP on deficits is that they at least understand that tax revenue is a component of deficit reduction. The worst is that they’d have to soak the middle class 10 times over to make their agenda deficit-neutral.

Exit question: With both parties trending left on spending, what’s the way out of this? Is there one apart from a massive fiscal crisis that forces a bipartisan reckoning?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Notice how everyone is blaming Trump???

Truth is....and everyone here should be intelligent enough to recognize it. But....CONGRESS is to blame for the Increases in spending, and the mounting Debt. They are the OTHER branch of the Government who decides WHAT MONEY will be spent Where.

Sure...the President COULD Veto everything against his better wishes. But what would that get for WE THE PEOPLE in return?

"A MORE STAGNANT WASHINGTON SWAMP WHERE NOTHING BUT NOTHING GETS DONE!!!

Blame Trump for everything. Just the way the Dems blamed Bush, and now Trump. Somebody PLEASE......Think!
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post

Truth is....and everyone here should be intelligent enough to recognize it. But....CONGRESS is to blame for the Increases in spending, and the mounting Debt. They are the OTHER branch of the Government who decides WHAT MONEY will be spent Where.

Sure...the President COULD Veto everything against his better wishes. But what would that get for WE THE PEOPLE in return?

"A MORE STAGNANT WASHINGTON SWAMP WHERE NOTHING BUT NOTHING GETS DONE!!!

Blame Trump for everything. Just the way the Dems blamed Bush, and now Trump. Somebody PLEASE......Think!
    Congress, as has been pointed out ad nauseam, has done nothing. There has been little to nothing for the President to veto.

Almost everything done, just like the previous administration has been by executive order.

That is why President Trump is being blamed, just as President Obama rightfully so was blamed before.

Some have problems blaming this current president that were all in on blaming the previous.

19. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Thanks Kathianne

Congress, as has been pointed out ad nauseam, has done nothing. There has been little to nothing for the President to veto.

Almost everything done, just like the previous administration has been by executive order.

That is why President Trump is being blamed, just as President Obama rightfully so was blamed before.

Some have problems blaming this current president that were all in on blaming the previous.

I already know, you dislike Trump. Nothing more to say.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

ahhhh...yes...Never Trumpers never stop.. always hoping...searching and wishing...when money is spent on "good needed things" and to clean up messes left by never Trumpers and their liberal friends I have no problem with dat...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

And I already know that you refuse to give any thought to what has been going on. Don't care so much about those grandchildren after all?

BTW, you must be blind to all the positive things that I have acknowledged Trump has done and the unfair way he's been treated by your 'Deep State' et al.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Agree friend..we all know...some dont want to say it out loud...careful now..we dont want to get her all upset....