Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    You seem to get defensive quite easily these days.

And I'm sure you really enjoy being able to find so much dirt on Trump on google so easily, conveniently moved to the forefront just for the likes of Trump haters like you.

Yeah, I've changed a whole lot. Look, he's not my guy, never was. Happy that you got the man you want. I'm happy he's done as much for the economy as he has. I'm glad he makes liberals heads explode, as the NYT choosing to do this 1619 project, so I can bring the nonsense to education forums.

I can dislike and not vote for anyone I choose to. You may do the same.

If I am defensive, which I don't think is new-it's been since the last national election, you are totally insecure that maybe, just maybe this President is not quite what you thought. Deficits and Greenland and Red Flag Laws and 'loopholes' like gun shows background checks.

Then there's Afghanistan and Syria and Iraq and China and Russia...

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

A bit more to stew about:

hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2019/08/23/trump-congress-needs-engage-team-pass-gun-laws/

Trump: Congress Needs To “Engage With My Team” To Pass Gun Laws
    ED MORRISSEYPosted at 9:21 am on August 23, 2019

Engage on what, exactly? After a week of contradictory statements, no one’s quite sure where Donald Trump stands on various components of new gun legislation. The only thing that seems certain is that Trump wants to take action, but perhaps doesn’t necessarily want to get out in front of it. In tweets last night, Trump announced that he’d just emerged from a meeting of stakeholders on the issue — but called on Congress to take action rather than offer a proposal:

He's not a gun aficionado, though one of his kids is. He also is pro-2nd amendment, the way most suburbanites are. Guns scare him, but heh! if you want them, you should have them, within reason.

The shootings, not just the 3 so close together, really bother him, I believe that. So do all those voters with the NRA, moreso I think than the $$$.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Yeah, I've changed a whole lot. Look, he's not my guy, never was. Happy that you got the man you want. I'm happy he's done as much for the economy as he has. I'm glad he makes liberals heads explode, as the NYT choosing to do this 1619 project, so I can bring the nonsense to education forums.

I can dislike and not vote for anyone I choose to. You may do the same.

If I am defensive, which I don't think is new-it's been since the last national election, you are totally insecure that maybe, just maybe this President is not quite what you thought. Deficits and Greenland and Red Flag Laws and 'loopholes' like gun shows background checks.

Then there's Afghanistan and Syria and Iraq and China and Russia...
    No, I'm not "insecure." That would be a personality trait which does not apply to me. Have I had reservations as to what he might do as far as the 2nd Amendment lately? Yeah, of course, why wouldn't I? He's gone from railing about protecting the 2nd Amendment at every one of his rallies to, "we have to do something, maybe red flag laws." That draws me back, and has nothing to do with "insecurity." If anything, it simply pisses me off.

We'll see what he does though. He's already said universal background checks are off the table, and I've heard comments that the red flag laws stuff was just throwing the rabid left a bone to chew on while he lets the heat die down and he ultimately does nothing.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-24-2019 at 09:28 AM.

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Something a Major once told me that stuck. The intent to enter the US illegally and give birth from the beginning is illegal.

We're being legal-loopholed and leftwingnut legislated from the bench out of a country.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Something a Major once told me that stuck. The intent to enter the US illegally and give birth from the beginning is illegal.

We're being legal-loopholed and leftwingnut legislated from the bench out of a country.
    The 14th should have been repealed 50 years ago at best.

7. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

The 14th should have been repealed 50 years ago at best.
    Or the intent of "born in" not misconstrued by politics.

I think the US Constitution for the most part is an awesome document. Can't say the same about the judiciary it created to support it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Or the intent of "born in" not misconstrued by politics.

I think the US Constitution for the most part is an awesome document. Can't say the same about the judiciary it created to support it.
    So you are for a living Constitution?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

So you are for a living Constitution?
    Not at all. I'm for obeying the laws in the one we have. I'm for Congress amending/adding/deleting whichever laws need it. Not some judge in the 9th District. I'm for not having unnecessary laws. Currently, we have laws for laws and every time somebody doesn't like something or common sense doesn't prevail (which is more often than not anymore) we get a new stupid law.

Most importantly, a law is only as good as its enforcement. Same as I always say about freedom. It's only as good as the ability to defend it.

In the case of immigration, the law is pretty clear; yet, leftwingnut justices and the left have ignored what is there if they don't like it. Every attempt to enforce it has been thwarted by some Dem justice ruling in favor of political flavor of the day instead of the what is written. A piece of paper can't fix THAT.

I saw a thread a few days ago where some leftwingnut judge ruled completely out of bounds and a judge in KC echoed the 9th District ruling. Employers of illegals cannot be punished for employing them as it violates freedom speech. THAT is a ruling? Based on WHAT? I don't see anywhere in any way, shape, nor form how speech has anything to do with hiring someone who is illegal to do work.

If THAT is the case, then filing a tax return, employers paying employee taxes is ALL unconstitutional. They're erasing accountability the rest of us are forced to endure by law in favor of current politics. That's NOT okay. But let white boy ME tell the government I'm not accountable to it financially and they'll take everything I own and it happens every day.

We're being punished for being white and we're being punished for being law-abiding citizens. If I was a Mexican none of that would apply to me except that my illegal activity is protected