Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Ruth Bader Ginsberg

Has undergone chemo again, for pancreatic cancer. Hopeful of full recovery.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/23/75369...tment-this-sum

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

She needs to step down.

3. Thanks Elessar, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    She needs to step down.
    I do not particularly care for her, but I have to agree.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

5. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I've read some other boards and yikes, some are calling for worse. I don't think any need for that. She has served her country. But I also agree it's time to step down. No need to croak in public on the bench.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I've read some other boards and yikes, some are calling for worse. I don't think any need for that. She has served her country. But I also agree it's time to step down. No need to croak in public on the bench.
    From all reports she gets long very well with all the fellow judges. She and Scalia were very good friends. So, while I don't care for most of her rulings, I wish her a speedy recovery and hope she makes the choice on staying or stepping down on her terms.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I do not wish cancer on anyone. Not even the person that inhabits this Earth I despise most.

Regardless reason, she needs to go so that seat can be slam dunked before 2020. And I would be willing to bet there are Dems in her dying ear telling her to hang on long enough for them to tie it up until after they steal the 2020 election cuz that's just about the amount of class they've proven themselves to have.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks Kathianne, LongTermGuy, Elessar, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I do not wish cancer on anyone. Not even the person that inhabits this Earth I despise most.

Regardless reason, she needs to go so that seat can be slam dunked before 2020. And I would be willing to bet there are Dems in her dying ear telling her to hang on long enough for them to tie it up until after they steal the 2020 election cuz that's just about the amount of class they've proven themselves to have.
    I would say it's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. She's been working this summer throughout the chemo and all. She's been making appearances, including an interview with Nina Totenberg, at NPR.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/28/74530...regrets-hardly
    Does Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Have Any Regrets? Hardly
    July 28, 20197:00 AM ET
    Nina Totenberg at NPR headquarters in Washington, D.C., May 21, 2019. (photo by Allison Shelley)
    NINA TOTENBERG

Does Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the 86-year-old feminist icon, have any regrets about her professional life?

Hardly.

"I do think that I was born under a very bright star," Ginsburg said, recounting her life and the obstacles that faced her.

Ginsburg added: "I'll tell you what Justice [Sandra Day] O'Connor once said to me. She said, 'Suppose we had come of age at a time when women lawyers were welcome at the bar. You know what? Today, we would be retired partners from some large law firm, but because that route was not open to us, we had to find another way, and we both end up in the United States Supreme Court.' "

Ginsburg graduated from Columbia Law School at the top of her class in 1959, but she was well aware of the barriers to women. She "didn't think there was much to be done about it." She clerked for a U.S. District Court judge, but "no law firm in the city of New York" would "hire me," she said.

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I would say it's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. She's been working this summer throughout the chemo and all. She's been making appearances, including an interview with Nina Totenberg, at NPR.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/28/74530...regrets-hardly
    I watched the NPR interview. I honestly don't dislike her as much a the other Dems on the bench. Odd how that is, huh? I remember when she was THE scourge of the Right on the Supreme Court. Now she seems like the voice of caution and moderation.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

15. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I watched the NPR interview. I honestly don't dislike her as much a the other Dems on the bench. Odd how that is, huh? I remember when she was THE scourge of the Right on the Supreme Court. Now she seems like the voice of caution and moderation.
    I've rarely agreed with her positions, but have always found her fascinating to listen to. She sounds like a real nice person, she does have a good sense of humor. I can seriously picture her drinking scotch or bourbon with Scalia and talking philosophy.

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Ruth Bader Ginsberg

When the time comes to replace her..... watch out. The libs will create a firestorm that will make the Justice Kavanaugh confirmation seem tame.

Her departure will tilt the court squarely in the favor of conservatives. And probably threaten RvWade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

19. Thanks Kathianne, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    When the time comes to replace her..... watch out. The libs will create a firestorm that will make the Justice Kavanaugh confirmation seem tame.

Her departure will tilt the court squarely in the favor of conservatives. And probably threaten RvWade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh agree....but too bad for the "Lib`s"....Americans are use to them screaming...crying..lying...accusing...and yelling at the sky..No biggie...

She does need to step down and enjoy life with her family with the time she has left...Problem is..The agenda driven Leftist (dislike Trump) poison in her blood wont allow for that.....

She love`s the vile..sneaky....America hating obama....always remember that!!!......

21. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post