Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
There is a good saying: the fact that you've graduated from any University does not automatically mean that you've received an education.

As to "washed brains"I bet that you do not use other than English sources of info to be in course of current events. I won't remind you your President estimation some of them. And this is one of the differences between us. No need to say that I lived and worked in the USA and was able to see and understand Americans, and as to you, you've never been to Russia and know nothing but except what you are fed with by you propaganda. Here we are.
Seriously ?

Fox News. CNN. NBC. CBS. The New York Times. The Washington Times ... & the Washington Post. The LA Times. USA Today ...

... the Hartford Courant ...

.... tell me, Balu. How many of those are English sources ? OK. Granted, the Daily Mail, Daily Express, and others (even the Guardian, on 'odd' occasions) are referenced. You somehow believe that Americans ignore American media ??

Strange.

I look forward to your declaration that you ignore Russia media sources, and, say, rely on Ukrainian ones .. ?

As for what I, for one, know of Russia ... it's an ex-Empire, that ran the USSR and all its satellite nations as oppressively as it could. Hungary, 1956 ? Czechoslovakia, 1968 ? Afghanistan, run by a puppet Government out of Kabul, in & from 1980, immediately following Russia's invasion ?

The Cuban Missile Crisis. Ahh. 'Wonderful' days, eh, Balu .. ?

The crumbling to dust of the Soviet empire. Russia's runaway financial problems ... and, to this day, its abysmal standard of living, compared to just about any Western nation you care to name. Russia's surveillance society, and Police State. Curbs placed on Internet usage. Its illegal annexation of Crimea. Its disregard (or is that incompetence ?) for nuclear safety protocols, experienced recently, and even worse than that, in Chernobyl.

One shouldn't forget Putin's non-apologetic stance when it comes to foreign assassinations, as we saw in Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK ... and that carried out with an agent so toxic that it took our authorities AN ENTIRE YEAR to be confident that Salisbury wasn't still suffering from contamination from it !!

You claim, Balu, that Russia is 'deeply religious'. How did that sit with the ruling COMMUNIST empire, that ran Russia and its empire for GENERATIONS ?

Do tell .....

Still, we Brits aren't so perfect. I freely admit it. Why, only days ago, Boris Johnson was photographed putting one foot on a chair, in Macron's presence. Shocking stuff .. eh ? Worse than all I've outlined, above ....