Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Default "Lets get ready to Rumble">Live Bellator 225 From Webster Bank Arena Bridgeport, Con

Mixed Martial Arts Live

Bellator 225
    From Webster Bank Arena, Bridgeport, Conn.
    Matt Mitrione vs. Sergei Kharitonov:
    9:00 PM tonight...(If Interested)
    * If you have basic cable >>Free >> channel 44 "for me"

**Look up "Paramount Network" and you will find your channel for your area.

They be fighting tonight too!

Fight for money..Right age..bored??...you want good life...go get it...

2. Thanks Gunny, icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Never gotten into MMA. I took martial arts for decades and kick boxed back in the day, but MMA doesn't interest me much. I can watch two strikers fight, but if they're grapplers? Boring. Five minutes of 2 dudes rolling on the mat.

That being said, I will most likely have it on in the background given all the wonderful choices of programming nowadays
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Oh yeah. And I can't stand Michael Buffer's little brother Bruce. He is awful trying to mimic Michael
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

IDK... two good looking babes knocking themselves around like men, not sure I like that much. I like my ladies feminine, but rugged.

8. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    IDK... two good looking babes knocking themselves around like men, not sure I like that much. I like my ladies feminine, but rugged.
    The main event is men. I say if that's what the women want to do, go for it. I won't be around asking for a date (as if I was in consideration ). I found fighting VERY stress-relieving, energy-draining, and otherwise good for keeping myself in check.

I have no idea why pro's do it. I'm only somewhat up on MMA, but I know boxing is so damned corrupt it should be the official sport of the US Government
    Last edited by Gunny; 08-24-2019 at 04:27 PM.

10. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The main event is men. I say if that's what the women want to do, go for it. I won't be around asking for a date (as if I was in consideration ). I found fighting VERY stress-relieving, energy-draining, and otherwise good for keeping myself in check.

I never "liked" to fight. The fights I've been in, in my life have usually been because I had to. Then I was pissed, and I didn't give up. Give me a reason to fight and you've got a battle on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I have no idea why pro's do it. I'm only somewhat up on MMA, but I know boxing is so damned corrupt it should be the official sport of the US Government
    I'll have to admit that I did watch that "pro wrestling" back when I was in the AF, mid 80's. My AF buddy from Georgia loved it and kinda got me hooked. But after I left FL I never watched it again.

Yeah wouldn't ya love to see the world leaders have to slug out wars instead of having all the citizens do their fighting for them? ...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-24-2019 at 05:01 PM.

12. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I never "liked" to fight. The fights I've been in, in my life have usually been because I had to. Then I was pissed, and I didn't give up. Give me a reason to fight and you've got a battle on your hands.

I'll have to admit that I did watch that "pro wrestling" back when I was in the AF, mid 80's. My AF buddy from Georgia loved it and kinda got me hooked. But after I left FL I never watched it again.

Yeah wouldn't ya love to see the world leaders have to slug out wars instead of having all the citizens do their fighting for them? ...
    I like to fight. It's competing. It's learning. Good exercise.

Most importantly, it means I possess the knowledge and skill to NOT engage in fistfights with idiots who may or may not have more brawn than brain but most assuredly have more mouth than either.

Something a lot of people don't get. How many times have I heard "You're a Marine. You know how to fight". No. I'm a Marine and the "fight" is going to last as long as it takes for me to completely disable you as a threat to so much as a blade of grass. The Marine COrps did not spend a whole lot of time teaching me to "fight". Learned that on my own

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I had a friend whose mother and grandmother were big fans of Pro Wrestling.
    Since I was a wrestler in high school I watched a little bit with Rich and them, but left and went home.
    I could not believe how phony it was.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I had a friend whose mother and grandmother were big fans of Pro Wrestling.
    Since I was a wrestler in high school I watched a little bit with Rich and them, but left and went home.
    I could not believe how phony it was.
    You mean pro wrestling has a predetermined finish? It's a show? Yep. Fake? You try some of that junk. And I don't mean this garbage they sell now. I'm talking some old school 50s -60s even 70s. You had to be able to wrestle back in the day. If you didn't know what you were doing no one would work with you.

Tell me which is harder to do. Punch someone in the face or not punch someone in the face but sell it like you did exactly that. I figured anyone that knew anything about sports/fighting would know it was a show. If I beat your ass for real down in the corner for 3 minutes you AIN'T making no comeback

I thought it was funny as Hell, myself. The characters and the antics. What made it funny is you knew no one was getting hurt.

I thought Archie Bunker was funny as Hell too