Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Middle and upper can control their spending, including necessities. With a budget one can buy when on sale, not when 'needed.' The less you make, the more you spend on necessities only.
    I understand the latter all too well. Story of my life
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Honestly... really... the DEBT, HAS to be an IRRELEVANT talking point, for EITHER party.

Tell me EITHER party gives a DAMN about it. I've said this a dozen times here... WE CAN NEVER PAY OFF THE NATIONAL DEBT... PERIOD... WE CAN'T... IT'S IMPOSSIBLE... it's TOO MUCH MONEY now.

So I know damn well they have some grand scheme already brewed up to WIPE IT CLEAN, SOMEHOW, at some point. PRESTO... WHAMO... MAGIC... IT'S GONE... START OVER... yeeeee haaaawwww.. print some more money feds, we're going on an EPIC spending spree now that we learned how to MAGICALLY WIPE OUT DEBT.

Paper money? Wipe your ass with it or use it to start a campfire. Coins? Yeah... silver or gold... why in the HELL do you think the feds want to know EVERY purchase of more than a couple bucks if you're buying GOLD? There's a plan... mark my words... they know damn well the debt is a bomb waiting to go off, but they're going to just say... OH... GEE... IT'S JUST NUMBERS... IT'S JUST PAPER THE FED PRINTED... IT'S NOT BACKED BY GOLD SINCE WE TOOK IT OFF YEARS AGO... KNOWING THIS DAY WAS COMING... LET'S JUST WIPE IT CLEAN... the NWO.
    Tell that to Joe Walsh who according to another thread is challenging the President for the Republican nomination and balancing the budget is one of his plans.

It's not impossible in the realm of possibilities. The odds against it are astronomical in today's politics. But to just say "it'll never happen so screw it" isn't where I was going.

A long term fiscal plan based on actual financial spending/need v want and not political whimsy that would pay off the debt while not cutting everyone's 'nads off would be better than ANY of the "I'm going to fix it in 4 years" BS promises the candidate and the people both know isn't going to work.

Based on the behavior of Congress, especially the Dems since Trump was elected, it's not going to happen.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    The debt and deficit only mattered when a democrat was in office.
    The debt and deficit only matter to Democrats because they use to justify digging deeper into the middle class's pockets. Contrary to lame promises from Dems, they do not tax the wealthy more because that would be taxing themselves more. But they sell the same lie every election and you Dems buy it hook, line and sinker.

Until a real, VIABLE plan is come up with, I prefer the deficit to reliving the Clinton years.

4. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post