Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Default Joe Walsh announces Republican challenge to Trump

Surprised not more support here for Joe Walsh. He's tough on borders, protects gun rights and is pro life, but doesn't carry the drama that Trump does.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...lenge-to-trump

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Surprised not more support here for Joe Walsh. He's tough on borders, protects gun rights and is pro life, but doesn't carry the drama that Trump does.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...lenge-to-trump
    Well, at least it isn't Joe Walsh from the Eagles. That was a scary thought for a few seconds.

Walsh is bringing nothing new except he's one of those anti-Trump Republicans. It is not considered "okay" by either party to run against an incumbent President. All this is going to be is an unneeded distraction.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Well, at least it isn't Joe Walsh from the Eagles. That was a scary thought for a few seconds.

Walsh is bringing nothing new except he's one of those anti-Trump Republicans. It is not considered "okay" by either party to run against an incumbent President. All this is going to be is an unneeded distraction.
    Agreed! Things are heading in the right direction in spite of the liberals trying to stonewall every move made.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Agreed! Things are heading in the right direction in spite of the liberals trying to stonewall every move made.
    "Right direction"? I might have chose a different way to put THAT If you mean things are pointing toward a Trump reelection and Dem loss, I agree.

Here's the thing: Walsh doesn't sound half bad. Except he has been outspoken about not supporting The Republican President. Doesn't matter who it is. There's no "I" in "team". He's also a Chicago politician. They should be banned from the Presidency as far as I'm concerned. Between Lincoln and Obama, this country's got enough damage without piling on.

What he IS going to do is put a spotlight on the divide in the GOP. If they even get to a GOP primary, votes for him will make whatever that divide is glaringly obvious, AND put focus on who the Dems can appeal to. The only thing going for the GOP in that regard is the Dems are more screwed up than the GOP. That does NOT make the GOP "okay".

And let's face facts. @Kathianne mentioned her children and grandchildren in the thread about Trump's promised future tax break should all his stars line up correctly. We, the right/conservatives as we know them/used to be Republicans are just staving off the inevitable capitulation that is going to follow the next Dem win. The Dems have just become worse and worse, more polarized and bitter since Gore lost in 2000, and have really ramped up the vitriol since Trump won. It's not going to get better. Teh Dems are going to run amok leaving a scorched Earth and no one is going to stop them. The US as we know it will be gone.

I see our children and grandchildren having to face THAT. As of the moment, I see nothing short of the Second Coming changing it. Trump is just a reprieve. A band aid on a spurting artery. No one has a plan after that.

IMO, Walsh would be better off spending his time trying to mend the party fence until 24. If he, or any damned one of the other short-sighted idiot Republican't's would try something like THAT -- solidifying a base with a core agenda -- the GOP might survive otherwise being legislated out of business by the Dems.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Haha, same thought here. But he couldn’t really run on a “Life’s Been Good” slogan.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Haha, same thought here. But he couldn’t really run on a “Life’s Been Good” slogan.
    I was thinking more "In the City"

8. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

From everything I've read on the guy, he's been no different than Trump in his talk, (radio, not reality TV), and wouldn't be an alternative to anyone who just did some basic look sees.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    From everything I've read on the guy, he's been no different than Trump in his talk, (radio, not reality TV), and wouldn't be an alternative to anyone who just did some basic look sees.
    Might as well get used to that. It's the "new norm". The people that put Trump in office are tired of the "Contract with America" bunch of mealy-mouths.

When you boil away all the chaff, Trump just beat the Dems at their own game. Barring a miracle, that's what it's going to take.
    Last edited by Gunny; 08-25-2019 at 01:28 PM.

12. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Might as well get used to that. It's the "new norm". The people that put Trump in office are tired of the "Contract with America" bunch of mealy-mouths.

When you boil away all the chaff, Trump just beat the Dems at their own game. Barring a miracle, that's what it's going to take.

Yep, those who were happy in 2016 are going to love the future, except when the Democrat candidates win, who will be like the inverse of President Trump.

I said just that back in March 2016.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Yep, those who were happy in 2016 are going to love the future, except when the Democrat candidates win, who will be like the inverse of President Trump.

I said just that back in March 2016.
    I used to think the crap happening on the left now wouldn't happen until after I was long gone. I must have miscalculated

And yeah, my repeatedly asking "What after Trump?" addresses exactly your point. It's going to take a bigger act than his to impress. Can't wait for THAT Or, we get to suffer a minimum 4 years of payback for stuff we didn't even do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I used to think the crap happening on the left now wouldn't happen until after I was long gone. I must have miscalculated

And yeah, my repeatedly asking "What after Trump?" addresses exactly your point. It's going to take a bigger act than his to impress. Can't wait for THAT Or, we get to suffer a minimum 4 years of payback for stuff we didn't even do.
    Antifa. Then the Republicans will react to that with something worse.

That was my concern back then and remains so in spite of those things he's done that I approve of.

Schisms continue and worsen: 'Right and Left'; 'Rich and not'; 'Conservatives v Republicans'; Far left v vanishing moderate Democrats; it goes on.

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Antifa. Then the Republicans will react to that with something worse.

That was my concern back then and remains so in spite of those things he's done that I approve of.

Schisms continue and worsen: 'Right and Left'; 'Rich and not'; 'Conservatives v Republicans'; Far left v vanishing moderate Democrats; it goes on.
    It's always been that way. The tolerance level is what fluctuates.

I think this is going to end in another civil war that will be too little too late and there will be no more "right" in America until the former lefties who aren't 100% on board with riding the train over the cliff with the radicals are redesignated the "new Right". Then again, the way the right looks now, the left will just take over without a shot fired.

Either way I see no place for me.

19. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It's always been that way. The tolerance level is what fluctuates.

I think this is going to end in another civil war that will be too little too late and there will be no more "right" in America until the former lefties who aren't 100% on board with riding the train over the cliff with the radicals are redesignated the "new Right". Then again, the way the right looks now, the left will just take over without a shot fired.

Either way I see no place for me.
    I don't see it's 'all' been from the left, especially with the election that was, 'We're going to go where they always do! Harder!'

I just decided I wouldn't be part of that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I don't see it's 'all' been from the left, especially with the election that was, 'We're going to go where they always do! Harder!'

I just decided I wouldn't be part of that.
    It IS about the left though. Not in order: One, they have just ramped up their game since losing. They lost because they got beat at their own game. Defeating the enemy by his rules/not allowing him to use your arbitrary, Holier-than-thou rules to defeat you is the BEST way to win. While the weapons of war may be different, the game's the same.

The hard part is: it's easy as Hell to flip the switch to the "On" position. It's hard as Hell to switch it "Off" when you've won and some never can or do. The ramping up their game by the left has made it impossible to switch the tactics and strategy"off"; which, is the ideal way to do it once you have won. Problem is, this isn't a "you lost, shut up and CYA" game. It's a single, neverending war in which battle is engaged every 4 years preceded by those 4 years of skirmishing.

Claiming the moral high ground (which is a joke IMO) and not budging makes you a predictable, easily defeated opponent. The right is losing to the left and the West is losing to radical Islam because of that false sense of moral superiority. When the Right to have that moral superiority is taken away, then you have nothing. You lost the war and your Rights.

It's a losing hand EVERY time.

22. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It IS about the left though. Not in order: One, they have just ramped up their game since losing. They lost because they got beat at their own game. Defeating the enemy by his rules/not allowing him to use your arbitrary, Holier-than-thou rules to defeat you is the BEST way to win. While the weapons of war may be different, the game's the same.

The hard part is: it's easy as Hell to flip the switch to the "On" position. It's hard as Hell to switch it "Off" when you've won and some never can or do. The ramping up their game by the left has made it impossible to switch the tactics and strategy"off"; which, is the ideal way to do it once you have won. Problem is, this isn't a "you lost, shut up and CYA" game. It's a single, neverending war in which battle is engaged every 4 years preceded by those 4 years of skirmishing.

Claiming the moral high ground (which is a joke IMO) and not budging makes you a predictable, easily defeated opponent. The right is losing to the left and the West is losing to radical Islam because of that false sense of moral superiority. When the Right to have that moral superiority is taken away, then you have nothing. You lost the war and your Rights.

It's a losing hand EVERY time.
    You have your opinion, I have my own. When your 'inevitable' happens, I'll have that moral high ground, if only as a memory. I won't have played a part in the inevitable.