Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
I just came across this thread since Noir posted, havent read every post, but wanted to add this.

Of course what you say is true, BUT it is also not quite true.

For example, if I have a car and you steal it, obviously it is still my car and I'm not likely to let that go. Not to mention we have documentation to clearly prove ownership of vehicles.

On the other hand, if I have a watch and you steal it, unless its a pretty damn special watch I'm probably not going to be overly concerned with proving its still mine even though you stole it.

Large companies like Wal Mart use this philosophy all the time, and call it shrinkage. If you attempt to steal a large money item like a TV or something, they are going to attempt to stop you and prevent you from stealing THEIR merchandise. On the other hand, they do virtually nothing to prevent the theft of small items effectively relinquishing ownership via theft by their inaction to prevent it. If you manage to get outside with a pair of shoes that you stole from Wal Mart, they are your shoes. They no longer belong to Wal Mart
You cannot argue simple examples with a simpleton! It just shoots over their narrow mind.