An extremely obvious observation, but presented with a clarity that I felt worth sharing.

I, me, mine - thoughts of Alan Wallace

————————————

I want you to know that this is my watch, my watch, my wife gave it to me for Christmas. It’s a nice watch, a $50 watch, but it’s a good one. My watch, right, so if you take it you took something of mine. So imagine somebody takes it and runs off to Buenos Aires. I’m thinking ‘he took my watch, he took my watch’ at what point exactly does it not become my watch any longer? He got clean away, the police ran after him, but they missed him at the airport, I lost my watch, he has my watch. He says ‘hah, no, it is my watch’. When did it become my watch? and when did it stop becoming my watch?

When we say so.

People give away their livers while they’re still alive, and kidneys, and blood, and skin...when does it stop becoming theirs? So this whole notion that possession or myness is something built into...’this is my country’ ‘this is my ethnic group’ ‘this is my possession’ ‘this is my memory’ - people lose their memory, then whose is it? Who does that memory belong to then?

This notion of I and mine, and therefore not I and not mine... I and not I, my side and not my side. That side - they can all be buried. My side - I will protect unto the death, all projection, all projection.