Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I was reading about this matter this morning... I've been out of the loop lately.

However, it seems that Boris appears to have this matter mapped out, and I applaud it.

The British people voted to leave, and the English version of "OMG Resist!!!" has run amok with the sore losers trying to undo an election but instead creating chaos and quagmire.

It's too bad that May didn't have the courage to just get it done, but that's all in the past now.

This was an excellent article for those like me with a tenuous grasp on the intricacies of British politics :

https://finance.townhall.com/columni...folds-n2552416

Now the resisters are staring down the barrel of a No-Deal Brexit and powerless to do anything to stop it. Fiendishly clever!
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

2. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I was reading about this matter this morning... I've been out of the loop lately.

However, it seems that Boris appears to have this matter mapped out, and I applaud it.

The British people voted to leave, and the English version of "OMG Resist!!!" has run amok with the sore losers trying to undo an election but instead creating chaos and quagmire.

It's too bad that May didn't have the courage to just get it done, but that's all in the past now.

This was an excellent article for those like me with a tenuous grasp on the intricacies of British politics :

https://finance.townhall.com/columni...folds-n2552416

Now the resisters are staring down the barrel of a No-Deal Brexit and powerless to do anything to stop it. Fiendishly clever!
    You seem to be under the same misunderstanding as Drummond. Gove was very clear - this has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit. Nothing at all. Not a thing.
    Last edited by Noir; 09-01-2019 at 02:55 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    You seem to be under the same misunderstanding as Drummond. Gove was very clear - this has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit. Nothing at all. Not a thing.
    You're playing games, Noir.

You know what ? I really DON'T CARE what's claimed about the reason for shutting down Parliament. The POINT is, Noir, that your wrecker comrades are going to have far less time for their sabotaging efforts than they would've had otherwise. Poor ol' Boris, eh ... under the delusion that (a) he should govern, and without having his efforts sabotaged .. and, (b) that stopping sabotage is the right and responsible action to take !!

Consider. Your comrades (aided & abetted by others, too) have done their best to stop Brexit happening, by the original due time back in March. Never mind what the general public voted for, in 2016. Never mind that most of the wreckers voted those individuals to Parliament, thinking they were backing people who'd keep their manifesto pledge to behave considerably differently ! No, Noir, 'never mind' all of that.

To your comrades, all that really matters is to continue to stall Brexit, and keep its implementation from being workable. To hell with everyone else; THEY will do what THEY want to do, and, to hell with democracy ITSELF .. if it gets in the way.

Barnier said today that the backstop cannot be removed from any deal. Parliament won't ratify any deal, with one !! So what exactly are your wrecker chums working towards ? WHAT'S THE POINT OF WHAT THEY'RE DOING ?

Despite what they claim, their only aim must be to crush the democratic decision made on June 2016, and to overturn Brexit entirely. You know it, Noir, as do I.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

5. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    You know what ? I really DON'T CARE what's claimed about the reason for shutting down Parliament.
    Of course, it would be too much to of expected you to care.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

It doesn't?

Then what, pray tell, was the purpose behind the maneuvers and the timing with all of this?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Considering the circumstances ... yes, it would.

Parliament is supposed to serve democracy, and the people who vote its Members to positions of Parliamentary power there. But Parliament has been dominated, these past several months, by MP's who've DEFIED their mandate to deliver Brexit !

So, why should I care ? Parliament, currently, does not serve the clearly-voiced Will of the People.

When it does .. I'll care.

Until it does .. I won't.

All that currently matters is that Boris, who IS committed to doing the Will of the People, succeeds in his efforts.

10. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    It doesn't?

Then what, pray tell, was the purpose behind the maneuvers and the timing with all of this?
    Well there you have me stumped.
    I don’t know.
    and Drummond doesn’t care so I guess there’ll be no answer forthcoming from him - But Gove was absolutely clear when asked that suspending parliament was “absolutely not” to do with Brexit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Well there you have me stumped.
    I don’t know.
    and Drummond doesn’t care so I guess there’ll be no answer forthcoming from him - But Gove was absolutely clear when asked that suspending parliament was “absolutely not” to do with Brexit.
    Do I correctly understand, Noir, that the UK Parliament is an institution you hold in high esteem ?

Do you seriously think it EARNS any respect ?

If you do ... please, explain the basis you have for that respect.

If we live in a democracy (a rather big 'if' !) .. then, Parliament exists to serve that democracy. For it to be dominated by individuals who'll ride roughshod over the democratic Will of the People, thereby completely subverting the basis for Parliament's moral authority ... means that Parliament has earned the perception of having become a dysfunctional irrelevance.

Boris's actions - considering this truth - couldn't be more appropriate. Boris is heeding the 2016 Referendum result, and in the face of the EU's, and Barnier's, utter intransigence .. his actions are the only decent ones to take.

The alternative is what we've already seen .. a Parliament incapable of taking any decisive actions of its own, and one where the Will of the People, these days, receives scant consideration.

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You change the name of the country. You can change the names of the political parties. In the end, @Noir will STILL be wrong .
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

15. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Elessar, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

So I have a question @Noir: There are currently politicians or at least A politician fighting for the UK's independence from the EU. You DON'T support that? Are you planning to move to the Continent if PM Johnson is successful?

I have also made note of the fact the Queen didn't appear to hesitate in granting the PM's request. She probably went primly and properly into the Royal Privy and said "FUKKIN' A!!" No disrespect to Her Majesty intended.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

17. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

It is a MYSTERY to me how someone can get SO... LEFT... like noir. Evidently the BRAIN WASHING in Europe is DEEP and has been going on for a LONG TIME.

So the PEOPLE, VOTE, FOR, leaving the EU. So then there's opposition to it by the EU leftists and they do everything possible to DERAIL it, and then along comes Boris who is actually going to CARRY OUT the will of the PEOPLE, and he gets a little help from the Queen, and noir calls this ABUSE OF POWER? Uuuumm... on WHAT PLANET? Good God... I'll never understand leftists. I just can't wrap my head around their WARPED bull shit.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-02-2019 at 05:49 PM.

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    So I have a question @Noir: There are currently politicians or at least A politician fighting for the UK's independence from the EU. You DON'T support that? Are you planning to move to the Continent if PM Johnson is successful?
    No.

I have also made note of the fact the Queen didn't appear to hesitate in granting the PM's request. She probably went primly and properly into the Royal Privy and said "FUKKIN' A!!" No disrespect to Her Majesty intended.
    The day the queen hesitates to grant a PMs request any power the Monarchy have will be removed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

No.

The day the queen hesitates to grant a PMs request any power the Monarchy have will be removed.
    ----------------

22. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

No.

That will remain to be seen. I don't believe the Queen is as powerless as some would have one believe.

Tying yourself to mediocrity such as the EU offers was a loser move to start with. You think you got it all figured out, but it looks to me like the PM has YOU and your ilk figured out and your "drag it out forever" until it flips back to the "still enslaved" permanently. We have a political party here plays the same game.

Now is the best time I can think of for the UK to make a move. I'm not going to proclaim President Trump the UK's "Messiah" as some have, BUT ... he DOES present opportunity for pro-BREXIT because he's willing to help. Not "save", but help. Was this happening during Obama's faux Presidency, the UK could scratch the US as any kind of potential help since that knucklehead would probably have tried to join the EU if he could have.

24. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

To of? Try to have intellectual genius.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

26. Thanks Noir, Drummond thanked this post