Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Some churches I would never attend

Those that claim to be a religion of sort, but then act as their own entity and own rules and their own decisions and use their own biases to decide things?

Sorry, nothing at all like the religion I grew up with. Now it's not meant to be, as I'm catholic, but I still don't think churches and religions should be making forays into politics.

Yup, and it's the same topic, but worse. Bad enough when it comes from a shithead in hollywood, but an entirely different thing when it's from your local church.

---

‘A black vote for Trump is mental illness,’ sign outside Baptist church declares

A sign displayed outside a Birmingham, Ala., Baptist church has sparked a local controversy after it displayed a message that compared voting for President Trump to a mental illness.

On one side, bold letters read: “A black vote for Trump is mental illness.” On the other, “A white vote for Trump is pure racism.”

“God motivates me to take a stand for what’s right,” New Era Baptist Church’s pastor, Michael Jordan, told WTVM 13. “Read the Bible. And look in the White House. If they’re calling me a racist, look in the White House.

“When you vote for Donald Trump, you are supporting institutionalized racism," he said. Later, Jordan, who is African American, added that he intended to send a message to both black and white voters.

Jordan is not the only religious leader to express political views in the era of Trump. And some have used their platforms to speak in favor of the president. Robert Jeffress, the senior pastor at the prominent Texas megachurch First Baptist Dallas, has become a staunch supporter of the president and frequently appears on Fox News, Texas Monthly reported. He once called evangelical Christians who do not support Trump “spineless morons."

Rest - https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...?noredirect=on
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I will just quote the shortest verse in the Bible: “ Jesus wept”
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

3. Thanks jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Those that claim to be a religion of sort, but then act as their own entity and own rules and their own decisions and use their own biases to decide things?

Sorry, nothing at all like the religion I grew up with. Now it's not meant to be, as I'm catholic, but I still don't think churches and religions should be making forays into politics.

Yup, and it's the same topic, but worse. Bad enough when it comes from a shithead in hollywood, but an entirely different thing when it's from your local church.

---

‘A black vote for Trump is mental illness,’ sign outside Baptist church declares

A sign displayed outside a Birmingham, Ala., Baptist church has sparked a local controversy after it displayed a message that compared voting for President Trump to a mental illness.

On one side, bold letters read: “A black vote for Trump is mental illness.” On the other, “A white vote for Trump is pure racism.”

“God motivates me to take a stand for what’s right,” New Era Baptist Church’s pastor, Michael Jordan, told WTVM 13. “Read the Bible. And look in the White House. If they’re calling me a racist, look in the White House.

“When you vote for Donald Trump, you are supporting institutionalized racism," he said. Later, Jordan, who is African American, added that he intended to send a message to both black and white voters.

Jordan is not the only religious leader to express political views in the era of Trump. And some have used their platforms to speak in favor of the president. Robert Jeffress, the senior pastor at the prominent Texas megachurch First Baptist Dallas, has become a staunch supporter of the president and frequently appears on Fox News, Texas Monthly reported. He once called evangelical Christians who do not support Trump “spineless morons."

Rest - https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...?noredirect=on

And this sort of thing is why I 100% believe churches should lose tax exempt status. Almost all of them get involved in politics nowadays.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Stopped in for a visit and just could not help myself. Our country actually exists due to Pastors preaching in favor of the Revolutionary War. Additionally, worship services were held in the Capitol Building and the military band played the music for the services. Those pastors were referred to as the Black Robe Regiment.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

7. Thanks crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Abbey...

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I will just quote the shortest verse in the Bible: “ Jesus wept”

As should we all.

One other I love, that applies very well.....

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

9. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post