Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Tavy View Post
    Thanks. I was able to post a video from youtube by using the url in the address bar, rather than the one you get by right-clicking on the video. Could not get one to post from facebook, though the icon says it is FB friendly, as illustrated in your pic above.
    Facebook is a PITA when it comes to sharing their videos. Last few times I added code and what not to allow them to be posted, they kept making changes on their end which screwed it up.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Ricky Tavy, moondoggie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cnm View Post
    Hello, dudes and dudesses.

Checking out the Mongoose's latest scouting efforts. I guess if we're going to use labels I would identify as a social democrat. I enjoy the circus that is American politics, we don't have much like it at home, not to mention that it's good policy to check out what the elephant in the room is doing.
    Welcome, kind sir/ma'am?

We can definitely use some liberals/democrats here! Admittedly, we're not only a very small community, but also shy on the democrat side of the aisle. We would love and encourage some different points of view. Things get heated, and then we're friends elsewhere, until the next subject comes up.

Hopefully you guys will stick around! Just know, of course any politics tend to bring out some animosity, even between folks that don't even know one another yet. But I can vouch for almost every single person that posts here from years of posting. You won't agree with the majority, of course. But we have a lot of decent folks here. I always refer to us as a community, or a small family community. Hopefully you guys will become a part of it.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks moondoggie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cnm View Post
    Hello, dudes and dudesses.

Checking out the Mongoose's latest scouting efforts. I guess if we're going to use labels I would identify as a social democrat. I enjoy the circus that is American politics, we don't have much like it at home, not to mention that it's good policy to check out what the elephant in the room is doing.
    Hello, dudesses and dudes!

Let's see what Ricky got us into this time.

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by O E View Post
    Hello, dudesses and dudes!

Let's see what Ricky got us into this time.
    Welcome to you as well, sir/ma'am?

Glad to have you aboard. Don't worry, Ricky brought ya to a mellow place. Read around and dig in, whether it be politics, or down to the bottom half of the board in the "Lounge" to just chat, or other forums for just fun and discussion down yonder.

8. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes O E liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Welcome to you as well, sir/ma'am?

Glad to have you aboard. Don't worry, Ricky brought ya to a mellow place. Read around and dig in, whether it be politics, or down to the bottom half of the board in the "Lounge" to just chat, or other forums for just fun and discussion down yonder.
    Thanks for the gentle welcome, Jim. Much appreciated. Oh, and, we're political junkies with very little time for recipes or the like.

I don't worry about us, BTW. Rather once we're on the loose, you might no longer recognize the cozy place you built.

10. Likes Ricky Tavy, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    "Educated liberal redneck" This ought to be a hoot.
    in my experience he's a bit short on the educated and a bit long on the liberal......
    ...full immersion.....

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm not splitting this off, I believe Drummond was typing and didn't see my post:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...804#post873804

I really don't want to move decent posts to the cage, but will if necessary. It would be better to just carry on in politics.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

14. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Political posts moved from Introductions to Steel Cage.

Introductions are to allow a new poster to give the community a quick synopsis of what they think of interest. Of course those here for a bit should welcome, even give a bit of intro of themselves. No problems.

What it is NOT however, is an extension of regular forums. I did try to keep the posts here, even allowing for someone that was already writing a response while I gave a heads up. He not only was gracious, but actually thanked and that is appreciated. Still another response went up and it would not be fair to let others not be able to respond, so you all find whatever in the Cage.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

16. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    in my experience he's a bit short on the educated and a bit long on the liberal......
    From someone who finds basic punctuation for his empty bitchy snottiness beyond his limited abilities. He is very skilled, however, at finding skirts of others from which he can fling his feeble shots.
    It's very hard not to be condescending when you're explaining something to an idiot - Bill Maher

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Tavy View Post
    From someone who finds basic punctuation for his empty bitchy snottiness beyond his limited abilities. He is very skilled, however, at finding skirts of others from which he can fling his feeble shots.
    You and @PostmodernProphet are invited to start your own thread, in the Cage.

This doesn't belong in the introductions. Thank you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Non-introduction posts will be deleted, stop. Thank you.

Moved a few more. Everyone has been warned, temporary bans will begin if people choose not to follow the few rules.

Last edited by Kathianne; 07-30-2017 at 07:01 AM.

20. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Come on folks. You have the whole rest of the board to get into it.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    There are never enough Americans to beat up, welcome
    And with another Marine here, there's one fewer.

Welcome Gadget!
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I see it but I'm still not sure I believe it. Too good to be true. I was a member of USMB about 10 years ago and I loved that place. Yesterday my brother told me that there is new forum with a lot of the guys from that place from back in those days. I asked him why in the hell would anyone do that if they already had a forum? I guess I was wrong. I recognize a few of the names. I don't suppose Editec is a member here?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    I see it but I'm still not sure I believe it. Too good to be true. I was a member of USMB about 10 years ago and I loved that place. Yesterday my brother told me that there is new forum with a lot of the guys from that place from back in those days. I asked him why in the hell would anyone do that if they already had a forum? I guess I was wrong. I recognize a few of the names. I don't suppose Editec is a member here?
    Welcome to DP!

Is this the same username you had at USMB?