Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Oh, and could you define "old?" Just in general terms, exact age is unnecessary. I just want some perspective on my own age. I've been feeling old lately.

Of course, people asking what Soylent Green is doesn't help...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskeep View Post
    OK, I am the new fish on this forum, and from just lookin' and pokin' around, I hope I don't do nothin' too stupid and get thrown off. Looks like some intelligent posters here, and that I have missed on other sites I have been on.

I am an old far*, conservative in view-point, with some centrists leanings on some topics - like I think our government is totally too large, too out of hand, needs curtailing, and ain't we really got a great choice of idjits for this years POTUS!

I am happily married to my "right" wife - stuck in Ohio cause I can't find a great opportunity for two certified project managers in FL. where I would rather be. All the kids are gone - left the nest - and ain't really tried to come back - yet!

I read a lot, love shooting sports and that includes hunting. I enjoy cooking, and just seeing parts of this country I have never been to before.

I blog, heavily conservative type political statements and you can read them at (well, I have to make five posts before I can leave my blogspot, so hang on for that) if you are interested.

Thanks for letting me join, and thanks for giving us a place to have these (future) wonderful debates. I am really looking forward to it.
    A fellow shooting enthusiast, welcome. I'm a conservative as well and probably to the right of Ronald Reagan on allot of things.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Welcome, Ravenskeep. Yes, we even have a few female conservatives on here, so tell your wife she may enjoy it here as well.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How old is "old"?

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Oh, and could you define "old?" Just in general terms, exact age is unnecessary. I just want some perspective on my own age. I've been feeling old lately.

Of course, people asking what Soylent Green is doesn't help...
    Well, when I was just a young pup, this guy in a long, white robe, with a long, white beard, asked me for a quick Algorithm that might cause some real interesting fireworks. I put one together, and it was soooo cool, we called it the "Big Bang!.

And I know what Soylent Green is, and more importantly, what it's made out of. "It's time to go home."
    YMOS, Ravenskeep

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    A. Einstein

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I feel younger already! Again, welcome to the board.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Thanks Krin

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    A fellow shooting enthusiast, welcome. I'm a conservative as well and probably to the right of Ronald Reagan on allot of things.
    Shoot trap, pistols, dove, quail (actually I just shoot at quail, ain't never hit one), pheasant, chukkers, huns (the birds, not the people), and the occasional white tail.

I believe in Ruger and Sig-Sauer (both American made) and I ever so strongly support The Second Amendment.

Thanks for the welcome.
    YMOS, Ravenskeep

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    A. Einstein

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Thanks Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Welcome, Ravenskeep. Yes, we even have a few female conservatives on here, so tell your wife she may enjoy it here as well.
    I will do that. She is more of a lurker, not as verbal (are we being verbal when we "speak" with a keyboard or are we being prosaic?), but she certainly would enjoy some of the posts I have seen so far.

Thanks again for the kind welcome.
    YMOS, Ravenskeep

A. Einstein

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello everyone

Army Guard enlisted here, 24-years of age. I work full-time for the ID Guard as an TUAS OPS NCO. Former Intel Analyst and OIF III vet.

Personally, I am keep myself busy working on that pesky degree (International Relations) and I am also a member of the Freemasons. In the Masons I am the head honcho, called the Worshipful Master. I am also in the York Rite and hold various positions in there.

Politically, I am Constitutional Conservative; the specifics will come to light as I post.

I come from a long line of old school cops (and prior military) so I was brought up knowing to respect elders, that chivalry isn't dead, and the hand was sometimes the best medicine for a unruly child.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSigMason View Post
    Hello everyone

Army Guard enlisted here, 24-years of age. I work full-time for the ID Guard as an TUAS OPS NCO. Former Intel Analyst and OIF III vet.

Personally, I am keep myself busy working on that pesky degree (International Relations) and I am also a member of the Freemasons. In the Masons I am the head honcho, called the Worshipful Master. I am also in the York Rite and hold various positions in there.

Politically, I am Constitutional Conservative; the specifics will come to light as I post.

I come from a long line of old school cops (and prior military) so I was brought up knowing to respect elders, that chivalry isn't dead, and the hand was sometimes the best medicine for a unruly child.
    weclome aboard pal. glad you made it. the coffee here is great. so's the beer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Welcome to the board, KSigMason!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello everyone

Hello there and welcome,
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 01-05-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Inappropriate for forum
    668.....the neighbour of the beast.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

KSigMason....
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 01-05-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Inappropriate for forum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 01-05-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Inappropriate for forum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    I
    he's US Army guard...
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 01-05-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Inappropriate for forum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 01-05-2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Inappropriate for forum