Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok. I'm a political junky and I am not now, nor have I ever been, a moderator. I'm all good with that.
    25 years ago I was a centrist. I am still in the center but an awful lot of people went far right which now makes me..... dun dun dun..........on the left. Fortunately, we are not the Borg.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delenn View Post
    Ok. I'm a political junky and I am not now, nor have I ever been, a moderator. I'm all good with that.
    25 years ago I was a centrist. I am still in the center but an awful lot of people went far right which now makes me..... dun dun dun..........on the left. Fortunately, we are not the Borg.
    With that said, still 'Welcome', we need many more lefties! Don't let the righties make you leave, they will do their utmost, trust me.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board, Delenn. We have a lot of reichwing jerks around here that will try and run you away. I hope you don't let them. There is no shame in being an unabashed lefty.

I hope to see you around for a long long time!!!!!!!!! I've been here since about day 1.

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Welcome to the board, Delenn. We have a lot of reichwing jerks around here that will try and run you away. I hope you don't let them. There is no shame in being an unabashed lefty.

I hope to see you around for a long long time!!!!!!!!! I've been here since about day 1.

Psychoblues
    PsychoBabble love you LONG time being lefty! It's a knee-jerk thing. Being gay helps, too.

Anyway, welcome to the board, hopefully you'll be more intelligent than the resident liberals.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    PsychoBabble love you LONG time being lefty! It's a knee-jerk thing. Being gay helps, too.

Anyway, welcome to the board, hopefully you'll be more intelligent than the resident liberals.
    Although I am not gay, unlike you as a very deep closeted queer, I love who I am and I don't resent you for who you are. Why do you hurt yourself like you do, you little silly goose?

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Delenn, welcome to our community. We are always happy to see new members, whether from the right or left. Of course we have far left wackos and far right wackos. But the truth of the matter is, and this applies to many boards, is that you will likely be treated in a manner based on the "tone" of your posts. If you are polite and nice to people, and take the time to post well thought out posts, I can almost guarantee you will be treated well here regardless of your point of view. If you enter with guns blaring, insulting others simply because they oppose your point of view, and post with non-stop cursing and vulgarity, you'll surely have members giving you a rough time.

-Jim
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. Then it is as it should be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Welcome Delenn,

hey SF nerd question here, is that your real name is that taken from the character in the old Babylon 5 show?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Welcome Delenn,

hey SF nerd question here, is that your real name is that taken from the character in the old Babylon 5 show?

Thank you, Revelarts.

This name was so lifted from B5. It is/was one of my favorite shows.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Welcome, Delenn.

You aren't the only one who didn't leave his party, his party left him.

(Can you name the famous politician, other than you, who said that? It was in the early 1960s)
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Welcome, Delenn.

You aren't the only one who didn't leave his party, his party left him.

(Can you name the famous politician, other than you, who said that? It was in the early 1960s)
    Nope. I lifted one line from the McCarthyism era and another from a New Generation Star Trek movie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow Hi.

Hi all.

I am active on many internet forums so I am not new to such an interface.

I am a real life 2012 candidate for the US Senate from my State of Maryland.

My campaign platform is to reform the Child Support laws.

I do want to discuss the issue and discuss my own politics and stuff so this is my intro.

I see my politics of reforming the Child Support and Custody laws as a religious issue and a political issue too as in the State is violating the authority of the Church.

This thread is only to be for introduction so I hope to start a new thread on this subject soon, but since I do know that I am a peculiar sort of visitor then I figure to lay this out for my introduction.
    =================================
    SIGNATURE:

JP Cusick, and PETA.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Ah good ole J.P. Wondered when you'd find this place. Yep, JP makes a habit of running for various offices via messageboards. Hell, he managed to get his own fan club, though not really fans.

http://jpcusickrunsagain.com/

“That (Child Support) just happens to be the biggest and most important issue facing the entire USA. It does seem rather unhealthy to be concerned about wars and problems on the opposite side of the planet when we have such an evil and destructive issue as the Child Support undermining our own society right here.”
    Universal Public Forum.com August 24, 2011 “I say you as does (sic) many others puts (sic) way too much significance on the human beings as on the religions as if what people believe makes some difference.”
    PoliticalForum.com July 22, 2011
    “North Korea is free, the only one we have imprisoned is the South”
    PoliticalForum.com, July 18, 2011
    “If they (Casey and the grand parents) had been getting paid Child Support then they would have viewed the child as a money maker and some one would have held a higher value on the child as a money bag instead of a body bag.
    Universal Public Forum, July 10, 2011
    “And many poor and homeless people simply do not know how to truly enjoy the experience. The old saying that “Youth is wasted on the young” is applicable and comparable to explain why “Homelessness is wasted on the poor” in that most poor do not know how to appreciate their experience.”
    Southern Maryland Forums, August 8, 2010
    “When I left my wife then I felt I had to leave town too because otherwise I would go mad or nuts and kill somebody or everybody. The breakup did create a type of insanity and it continued for many many years and those feelings have never really gone away”
    Daily Strength, August 14, 2008 (as “Booky“)
    “Plus, the Internet is growing-up, and SPAM as it use to be is no longer true, because people got so angry about it that the SPAMMERS had to stop trashing people’s emails.”
    Universal Public Forum, June 2, 2011
    “I say it would be more pertinent to ask if the USA can live on the planet earth without making wars on other Countries and that answer has already been proven to be – no, it can not. “
    Liberty News Forum, June 2, 2011
    “It is also a reminder to all that the US civil war was well done in beating down the racist rebel scum, and yet we need to whoop them again one more time for the 21st century.”
    Southern Maryland Forums, June 1, 2011
    “Wow, I had to read this and re-consider those pictures a few times before I could figure out what the stuff you were talking about. Bullet proof vest – funny.
    US Message Board, May 18, 2011
    “The person who made that link about me is just a weird Internet heckler who follows me around online.”
    US Message Board, May 17, 2011
    “People having limbs cut off or being blind or having polio are not necessarily disabilities, and I am not the one that makes the rules.”
    Southern Maryland Forums, May 11, 2011
    “As like Alexander fought the dirty rotten Persians but he was answerable to the friendly Greeks on his back side.
    US Message Board, May 10, 2011

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post

Ah good ole J.P. Wondered when you'd find this place. Yep, JP makes a habit of running for various offices via messageboards. Hell, he managed to get his own fan club, though not really fans.

jpcusickrunsagain
    So do you know me from where?

That link you give is from an Internet Heckler who is rather interested in my politics.

I suggest that anyone follow the source links instead of believing what that author says about me.
    =================================
    SIGNATURE:

JP Cusick, and PETA.org