Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Been there many, many times. Are you from 'da Bronx?
    Queen's. Grew up in Nassau. Used to travel around allot. Settled down back here after one of the big California Quakes. The Zoo's here are great.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intense View Post
    Queen's. Grew up in Nassau. Used to travel around allot. Settled down back here after one of the big California Quakes. The Zoo's here are great.
    Did your get your screen name from the KY jelly of the same name?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Hey, neighbor! I'm just up the road across the Throgs Neck or Whitestone from you! Well, a little beyond that, but just into Westchester. Probably about 30 minutes tops because of the shit roads. Used to be in and out of Elmhurst Hospital to work on computers, but that was back in the early 90's.
    Guess where these were taken. I hope these display right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Did your get your screen name from the KY jelly of the same name?
    Ha! No. I think it was 1981, and I decided I was going to try a new tactic, after being called Intense for the 50 millionth time. It's a good name though. I don't mind if they borrow it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Every time I turn around I'm hearin about this "euthanasia." People debatin it, gripin about it, and even suin people over it! It's on the news, talk radio, even in washington! Why are people so worried about youth in Asia? Why in the hell don't we worry about the youth we got right here at home in the good ol USA? I don't give two red rat's asses about Asian youth. Let's take care of the ones we got right here who can't read, write or even add, and who sit around all day and all night, playing video games and smoking dope! This Red Neckerson GOOD DAY!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intense View Post
    Guess where these were taken. I hope these display right.
    I guess I haven't visited this thread since your post... The first looks like it's somewhere along the Hudson by the GWB, likely further North? The second looks familiar but I'm drawing a blank. But it does look like the Hudson in the distance again.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Neckerson View Post
    Every time I turn around I'm hearin about this "euthanasia." People debatin it, gripin about it, and even suin people over it! It's on the news, talk radio, even in washington! Why are people so worried about youth in Asia? Why in the hell don't we worry about the youth we got right here at home in the good ol USA? I don't give two red rat's asses about Asian youth. Let's take care of the ones we got right here who can't read, write or even add, and who sit around all day and all night, playing video games and smoking dope! This Red Neckerson GOOD DAY!
    Welcome Redneck, I believe some of your relatives post here already. We have quite the selection of rednecks here, you'll fit right in!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Welcome Redneck, I believe some of your relatives post here already. We have quite the selection of rednecks here, you'll fit right in!
    It's RED son! Just RED!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

ConHog is in the house.

Some of you know of me, most of you don't. For those unfortunate who have not met my blessed self before; allow me to introduce myself.

I am 40 years old and retired after 22 years of full time service with the Arkansas National Guard. I served in Iraq both in 1991 and again in 2003. I do not deserve, nor want, your thanks for doing so. I did what I felt I had to do. The last 10 years of my service outside of a few deployments I worked in the drug interdiction field. Yes, I was the dreaded scumbag drug cop. LOL. I mention my military background merely to inform some as to how some of my opinions of have been formed, not because I think that people who do or have served are better than anyone else.

The Con in my name stands for Constitutional, because I love the COTUS, not for conservative for I do have many conservative beliefs, but I also have some more liberal ones. The Hog in my name stands for the Arkansas Razorbacks whom I love to root for.

I have a couple of degrees in history, and look forward to discussions in those areas, as well in various other topics.

Nice to "meet" everyone

You were AGR for twenty-two straight years? That left time for working drug interdiction? Did you go OCS/ROTC to earn your comission? Were you a .mil consultant for local LE? Or do you mean you were 'in the NG' for 22 years and 'active' as in - went to drill every month, etc?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I retired at 38 from Motorbike Racing (Now 52) and I have not had to Re-Load Money Guns yet. I'm a longtime Raider Fan ( I Remember When Fred Biletnikoff was Young ) I am a Southern Baptist for Judaism ( Plan on Converting in Israel prior to my 60th ) and I collect Stamps, Firearms, Vintage Motorbikes, Boats & Outboard Motors & Water Skis. I have a Country Home in Swasey/Shasta Area west of Redding Ca. and a Mountain Home in Southern Cascades (Ultra Rural Eastern Shasta County) I'm a Conservative Nationalist Republican ( In Past I have been a Drum Tech for many Bands including "The Nerves" (First Punk Act on West Coast) "The Circle Jerks" "The Beat" (Featuring Paul Collins) "The Plimsouls" (Featuring Peter Case) "Al Kooper" "The Mentors" (Featuring El Duche) " The Sights" "Fools Face" "20/20" and many others. I was the Most Famous Motorbike Courier in Beverly Hills and the Greatest Bicycle Messenger in Downtown Los Angeles .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You were AGR for twenty-two straight years? That left time for working drug interdiction? Did you go OCS/ROTC to earn your comission? Were you a .mil consultant for local LE? Or do you mean you were 'in the NG' for 22 years and 'active' as in - went to drill every month, etc?
    I think you misunderstood my post.

I joined the Guard at 17, at age 22 I decided to make it my full time career. That meant it became a regular 40 hour work week, including weekend drills and such. At one point I was offered a full time position with one of the drug task forces in Arkansas (there are several) which meant being detached from unit and no longer doing weekend drills. Now there were a couple times when I was assigned back to my unit, but overall I stayed with the Drug Task Force.

I was not a consultant, but rather in Arkansas - as in many states - the National Guard are part of the drug task forces. In addition to my military training I also was sent to the federal agent training facility in Glynnco,GA; but I did not have a badge. My police authority was strictly military.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

^ a Presidential commission and gun gives one authority. Just curious, when you receive a commission, thus becoming an officer, what designations do you receive on your uniform?

Kind of aside; but my childhood friend is an officer in the Navy and he's coming into town next week on leave. Ironically, I won't get to visit with him since I'll be at sea aboard a cruise ship.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    ^ a Presidential commission and gun gives one authority. Just curious, when you receive a commission, thus becoming an officer, what designations do you receive on your uniform?

Kind of aside; but my childhood friend is an officer in the Navy and he's coming into town next week on leave. Ironically, I won't get to visit with him since I'll be at sea aboard a cruise ship.
    Authority and arresting powers are two different things. Although I guess technically speaking we ALL have arresting powers.

As for uniform designators , that is entirely dependent on a variety of factors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Authority and arresting powers are two different things. Although I guess technically speaking we ALL have arresting powers.

As for uniform designators , that is entirely dependent on a variety of factors.
    The only really distinguishing designator for any officer is the scar left when they recieve their lobotomy.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    In Past I have been a Drum Tech for many Bands including "The Nerves" (First Punk Act on West Coast) "The Circle Jerks" "The Beat" (Featuring Paul Collins) "The Plimsouls" (Featuring Peter Case) "Al Kooper" "The Mentors" (Featuring El Duche) " The Sights" "Fools Face" "20/20" and many others .
    Aw man, for a minute I thought you meant the Brit band 'The Beat' who are one of my fav groups ever, then I realized you meant some American band >,>
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.