Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

^^ You're quite welcome - and welcome to Debate Policy
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm glad to be here!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad to be here!

Look, this may sound rude but it's not meant to be, but I want to help this forum if you'd like. I know quite a bit about political forum mechanics and I can share some advice with you if you want. It's up to you; I'm seeing a LOT about this forum I like, but there's a few tricks I'd try to make it even better. You got nothing to lose.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

welcome wake
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I'm glad to be here!

Look, this may sound rude but it's not meant to be, but I want to help this forum if you'd like. I know quite a bit about political forum mechanics and I can share some advice with you if you want. It's up to you; I'm seeing a LOT about this forum I like, but there's a few tricks I'd try to make it even better. You got nothing to lose.
    6 posts and yer bucking fer a position? wow. A little premature, don;t ya think?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    6 posts and yer bucking fer a position? wow. A little premature, don;t ya think?
    I saw that you replied and thought for sure that I would open the thread and see that you called him a dumbass. Almost a term of endearment from you!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Default Welcome Wake

You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I saw that you replied and thought for sure that I would open the thread and see that you called him a dumbass. Almost a term of endearment from you!

jimnyc: How good does that make you feel? Having someone like Wake come here and start off by telling you how HE COULD HELP YOU MAKE THIS A BETTER FORUM?????

Maybe Wake should hang around a while, and learn how good it was BEFORE he came here...telling us how HE WOULD CHANGE IT.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

He might have just been trying to be helpful. Please don't eat the new members!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

He might have just been trying to be helpful. Please don't eat the new members!

Don't worry about US eating new members. New member in question sounds like they are Eating You.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    There do exist blunt and honest people who want to help, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    jimnyc: How good does that make you feel? Having someone like Wake come here and start off by telling you how HE COULD HELP YOU MAKE THIS A BETTER FORUM?????

Maybe Wake should hang around a while, and learn how good it was BEFORE he came here...telling us how HE WOULD CHANGE IT.
    Yeah, that terrible person offering up some good-hearted advice. Abortion and Gun Control are such divided issues that creating a forum for each will indeed draw more members to those topics. There's no question this forum has a lot of strengths. Doesn't mean suggestions shouldn't be made.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    There do exist blunt and honest people who want to help, you know.

Yeah, that terrible person offering up some good-hearted advice. Abortion and Gun Control are such divided issues that creating a forum for each will indeed draw more members to those topics. There's no question this forum has a lot of strengths. Doesn't mean suggestions shouldn't be made.

Wake. Look at it this way. Pretend someone...a stranger, comes to your front door. Barges in, and instantly starts telling you how you should change the carpeting, paint, woodwork, food, clothing, and your deodorant.

Like you, coming here. Telling jimnyc, and everyone else HOW YOU think this forum should be...to suit you. It's pretty obvious. You are NOBODY important, or in any position to tell jimnyc, or anyone else to CHANGE...merely because YOU SAID SO.

How would you handle that stranger who barged into your home, and demanded all of those changes?

That is how I, and possibly many others see, and define your Coming here.
    You should remember. Children are to be seen, and not heard...until spoken to, or asked to contribute.
    Last edited by aboutime; 02-16-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

We all need to be a tad open to newcomers and their ways too, or the place won't grow. Maybe Wake is just suggesting some things from boards he has been to before. It can't hurt to toss ideas out there, so long as they aren't demands, and expectations aren't too high. I'm open to suggestions.

But I do think we have tried MORE forums, and more specific forums as he has suggested, and it didn't make a difference. If it's abortion or gun related, and politically related, it can go in the political section. If just general talk, the current events qualifies. But we simply aren't a big enough place to need such separation at this time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

We all need to be a tad open to newcomers and their ways too, or the place won't grow. Maybe Wake is just suggesting some things from boards he has been to before. It can't hurt to toss ideas out there, so long as they aren't demands, and expectations aren't too high. I'm open to suggestions.

But I do think we have tried MORE forums, and more specific forums as he has suggested, and it didn't make a difference. If it's abortion or gun related, and politically related, it can go in the political section. If just general talk, the current events qualifies. But we simply aren't a big enough place to need such separation at this time.
    I agree. Too many separate forums makes the board cluttered. As for traffic, I recall we used to have a section at the bottom that showed key words that were currently used in posts. I had assumed they were there as an aid in searching; to bring traffic here. Whatever happened to that feature? Did it actually help lead people here, or was it just something for us to look at?

Welcome, Wake
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I agree. Too many separate forums makes the board cluttered. As for traffic, I recall we used to have a section at the bottom that showed key words that were currently used in posts. I had assumed they were there as an aid in searching; to bring traffic here. Whatever happened to that feature? Did it actually help lead people here, or was it just something for us to look at?

Welcome, Wake
    That was a "Cloud" which is helpful in showing what keywords and such are searched for the most here. Some cloud scripts will show the keywords that were used at search engines to find the place. I don't think they have any advantage in bringing traffic, and I think it looks awful wherever it's placed!