Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 81
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mouth of the Rogue River, Oregon USA
    Posts
    9,585
    Thanks (Given)
    8103
    Thanks (Received)
    7924
    Likes (Given)
    1479
    Likes (Received)
    1558
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19808623

    Default Fake News Frenzy.

    Here is the frenzy over the Presidents observation on Dorian and Alabama.

    Look carefully at all of the graphs. NOAA/NWS supports his observations

    And concerns: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wea...-as-trump-said
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

    A Deplorable!

  2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    At your Six
    Posts
    10,733
    Thanks (Given)
    21865
    Thanks (Received)
    9349
    Likes (Given)
    3487
    Likes (Received)
    931
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12408695

    Default




  4. Likes Elessar liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,036
    Thanks (Given)
    739
    Thanks (Received)
    867
    Likes (Given)
    42
    Likes (Received)
    593
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4675108

    Default

    Be that as it may, this was yet another self inflicted wound. Why on Earth would you present an official map with any sort of hand drawn extension on it? It's buffoonery and reeks of an unprofessional environment.

    You know , in Trump's first year these sort of flubs were acceptable, he'd never been in politics before. I imagine that's the way he has always done business, but after 2 1/2 fucking years in office he should know by now that the media is gonna crucify him for such stupid things. Yet he refuses to clean it up. I , for one, am getting tired of it.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    39,988
    Thanks (Given)
    15197
    Thanks (Received)
    11221
    Likes (Given)
    3759
    Likes (Received)
    1701
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Be that as it may, this was yet another self inflicted wound. Why on Earth would you present an official map with any sort of hand drawn extension on it? It's buffoonery and reeks of an unprofessional environment.

    You know , in Trump's first year these sort of flubs were acceptable, he'd never been in politics before. I imagine that's the way he has always done business, but after 2 1/2 fucking years in office he should know by now that the media is gonna crucify him for such stupid things. Yet he refuses to clean it up. I , for one, am getting tired of it.
    It amuses him. Those that think he's perfect, they love whatever. Those that don't, he doesn't care about.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,036
    Thanks (Given)
    739
    Thanks (Received)
    867
    Likes (Given)
    42
    Likes (Received)
    593
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4675108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    It amuses him. Those that think he's perfect, they love whatever. Those that don't, he doesn't care about.
    It saddens me that we have such a childish President.

    350M fucking people in this country and our choice for President came down to a fucking criminal and a 70 plus year old child....................

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    39,988
    Thanks (Given)
    15197
    Thanks (Received)
    11221
    Likes (Given)
    3759
    Likes (Received)
    1701
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    It saddens me that we have such a childish President.

    350M fucking people in this country and our choice for President came down to a fucking criminal and a 70 plus year old child....................
    Yep. I have always accepted the president that's elected. I've never bought into the nonsense of 'not my president,' that is idiotic.

    OTOH, really don't care for a president that has no interest in those that he feels do not support him. Support shouldn't mean having orgasms everytime he opens his mouth, but to him and his 'core' that is exactly what it means.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  9. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,036
    Thanks (Given)
    739
    Thanks (Received)
    867
    Likes (Given)
    42
    Likes (Received)
    593
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4675108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Yep. I have always accepted the president that's elected. I've never bought into the nonsense of 'not my president,' that is idiotic.

    OTOH, really don't care for a president that has no interest in those that he feels do not support him. Support shouldn't mean having orgasms everytime he opens his mouth, but to him and his 'core' that is exactly what it means.
    On the other hand, can you really blame Trump and his supporters for buying so fully into the "it's us against them" politics? Look at the way he and his supporters have been treated since well really since he won the GOP nomination . It's been pathetic, there is no other word for it. PATHETIC, and no I really can't fault Trump for thinking "fuck these people"

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    39,988
    Thanks (Given)
    15197
    Thanks (Received)
    11221
    Likes (Given)
    3759
    Likes (Received)
    1701
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    On the other hand, can you really blame Trump and his supporters for buying so fully into the "it's us against them" politics? Look at the way he and his supporters have been treated since well really since he won the GOP nomination . It's been pathetic, there is no other word for it. PATHETIC, and no I really can't fault Trump for thinking "fuck these people"
    Man up.
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  11. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,004
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    341
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    116
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The point is that his information was on old projections from days earlier. All he had to do was issue a quick retraction. No one would have made a fuss, but of course he can't ever be wrong so he tripled down and made a fool out of everyone including NOAA who he pressured to issue an unsigned statement and later it came out NOAA officials warned scientists not to contradict Trump.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,036
    Thanks (Given)
    739
    Thanks (Received)
    867
    Likes (Given)
    42
    Likes (Received)
    593
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4675108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    The point is that his information was on old projections from days earlier. All he had to do was issue a quick retraction. No one would have made a fuss, but of course he can't ever be wrong so he tripled down and made a fool out of everyone including NOAA who he pressured to issue an unsigned statement and later it came out NOAA officials warned scientists not to contradict Trump.
    The actual point is no one actually gives a fuck about a sharpie mark on a map, just another "ERMERGAWD ORANGE MAN BAD" hysteria moment.

    You and your liberal cohorts are more worked up over this than you are that several federal agencies conspired to overthrow a duly elected President and that is one sad fucking fact.

  13. Likes SassyLady, Abbey liked this post
  14. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,004
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    341
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    116
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    The actual point is no one actually gives a fuck about a sharpie mark on a map, just another "ERMERGAWD ORANGE MAN BAD" hysteria moment.

    You and your liberal cohorts are more worked up over this than you are that several federal agencies conspired to overthrow a duly elected President and that is one sad fucking fact.
    Other than it's one more example of where he distorts facts and reality, one in which lives are at stake.

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,036
    Thanks (Given)
    739
    Thanks (Received)
    867
    Likes (Given)
    42
    Likes (Received)
    593
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4675108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Other than it's one more example of where he distorts facts and reality, one in which lives are at stake.

    Oh do tell, how was anyone's life risked by that little mark being added to that map? The answer is , obviously, it had zero impact on anyone's life. When you're dealing with the fucking weather , especially a hurricane if you're dumb ass is relying on the government to tell you weather to get the fuck out or not , you deserve what you get anyway.

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,004
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    341
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    116
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Oh do tell, how was anyone's life risked by that little mark being added to that map? The answer is , obviously, it had zero impact on anyone's life. When you're dealing with the fucking weather , especially a hurricane if you're dumb ass is relying on the government to tell you weather to get the fuck out or not , you deserve what you get anyway.
    You like talking credibility. What happens when the next disaster or conflict comes around and Trump makes an announcement. People don't know whether to trust him or not.

  17. Likes Kathianne liked this post
  18. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    39,988
    Thanks (Given)
    15197
    Thanks (Received)
    11221
    Likes (Given)
    3759
    Likes (Received)
    1701
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    You like talking credibility. What happens when the next disaster or conflict comes around and Trump makes an announcement. People don't know whether to trust him or not.
    NOAA's cover note for him, days after the fact, reeks. Right there with sell out FBI, IRS, DOJ...
    “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” De Tocqueville



  19. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,004
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    341
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    116
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    NOAA's cover note for him, days after the fact, reeks. Right there with sell out FBI, IRS, DOJ...
    Have you seen today's story about how the CIA had to pull out their top spy out of Russia because they couldn't trust Trump?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Political Forums