Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

If they or anyone doesn't want to be "taken down", don't do stupid, questionable, or illegal shit.

It's really just that simple.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

2. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    If they or anyone doesn't want to be "taken down", don't do stupid, questionable, or illegal shit.

My take on the article is the Falwell, not the university. @Abbey I ‘m pretty sure those talking are pro-Liberty U.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I've had to point that out to myself a time or two over the years
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I agree, but there is a second reason these people are making these statements: A gut-hatred of Evangelicals, and a delight in bringing them down.
    I agree. At the same time, I take personal offense at these evangelicals AS INDIVIDUALS for using the world of God to enrich themselves. In that position, I expect them to be as squeaky clean as Trump came out of the Russian witch hunt. They make us ALL look bad and bring unwanted and unneeded heat down on ALL of us. The haters' opinions are based on the actions of the pharisees, not the believers.

Pisses me off.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Likes Kathianne, FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Who knows what axe the writer has to grind with Liberty.
    I doubt that is relevant. The point being people have hidden and/or complex motives for saying things, and it’s good to not take things at face value. Much like a marriage, we don’t really know what goes on behind closed doors, and we often get just one side of the story.

Falwell Jr could be a total creep. I’m just keeping in mind what I’ve just said.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I doubt that is relevant. The point being people have hidden and/or complex motives for saying things, and it’s good to not take things at face value. Much like a marriage, we don’t really know what goes on behind closed doors, and we often get just one side of the story.

Falwell Jr could be a total creep. I’m just keeping in mind what I’ve just said.
    I didn't point a finger specifically at Falwell because I was thinking Jim Bakker and Jim & Tammy Faye. Not much of the "other side of the story" is going fix those incidents.

It would not surprise me if Falwell was guilty. Power corrupts ...

It gives the God-haters ammo for their hate machine. As if it needs more.

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I agree. At the same time, I take personal offense at these evangelicals AS INDIVIDUALS for using the world of God to enrich themselves. In that position, I expect them to be as squeaky clean as Trump came out of the Russian witch hunt. They make us ALL look bad and bring unwanted and unneeded heat down on ALL of us. The haters' opinions are based on the actions of the pharisees, not the believers.

Pisses me off.
    In general, nearly total when I was younger, I tend to take people at face value. Perhaps unfortunately my experiences with Evangelicals has not been good. Hypocritical is mild in description. I know better than to generalize onto the group though when it happens often enough it becomes a personal rendition of 'commonsense.'

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I didn't point a finger specifically at Falwell because I was thinking Jim Bakker and Jim & Tammy Faye. Not much of the "other side of the story" is going fix those incidents.

It would not surprise me if Falwell was guilty. Power corrupts ...

It gives the God-haters ammo for their hate machine. As if it needs more.
    Yeah. There is something about folks that talk as if 'for God' but they really mean for themselves. Almost like those that used to try and prove they were one of the predestined.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Pisses me off.
    I agree that the shysters make the rest look bad. But don’t underestimate the deep hatred that many have for those who believe the Bible. They see it as a personal affront because it makes them very uncomfortable. And no one unapologetically broadcasts their Biblical beliefs like an Evangelical, lol.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    The uncovering of corruption is all that is important. If you can't get behind that, then you are part of it.
    There was endless corruption I have pointed out to you personally for years now. Admittedly on some things you agreed it was wrong. But then some you disagreed on and the rest ignored. I think you should get behind investigating the wrongdoing, especially the tons that come with proof. All those things in the threads you read every page of but never replied to.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Elessar, FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm choking. Where's jimbob? @jimnyc? Prove otherwise? How about your every single wannabe "gotcha" moment during the Russian collusion crap wher you kept praying for just a process crime? WHILE not once holding Hitlery to task for her violating the United States Code art's 13 & 15 where classified material is concerned?

Just tuck it back in. You'd have served yourself better not commenting
    I loved his disappear and reappear at gotcha moments - and has literally been wrong on 100% of them, every last one.

And while he's proving his consistency in being wrong, he also proves his overwhelming consistency in ignoring any wrongdoing whatsoever coming from the left.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain, FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I agree, but there is a second reason these people are making these statements: A gut-hatred of Evangelicals, and a delight in bringing them down.

Well the hatred for evangelicals intensified immensely when they backed Trump even after his "grab their pussies" tape was made public.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I loved his disappear and reappear at gotcha moments - and has literally been wrong on 100% of them, every last one.

And while he's proving his consistency in being wrong, he also proves his overwhelming consistency in ignoring any wrongdoing whatsoever coming from the left.
    I give Pete respect for not simply placing everyone who thinks he's an idiot on ignore though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I mean I was Law enforcement. I agree with you whole heartedly, BUT even criminals shouldn't be caught because people were investigating them and either came across a crime they committed or actually created the crime AKA perjury . Not in the USA, that is NOT how our justice system works. We investigate known crimes to see who may have committed them. We do NOT investigate people until we find a crime they may have committed. At least we didn't use to.

24. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Pisses me off.
    I totally agree! Many use the donations they receive to pad their bank accounts and to build
    a personal Empire. Little, if anything, is given back to support the people donating. They are scams.

Look no further than Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson Jr, and Louis Farrakhan.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

26. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post