Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Default Musings on President Trump

The lightening rod of the decade deserves some non-political analysis.
    Here are a couple of things floating around in my brain:
    1. We are seeing the behavior of a man who did not mature in the political realm. Trump did not learn the art of deflection, or finessing the public. We are seeing instead a successful business man who was at the top of his game in a city where power and wealth are everything. Which leads me to my next point

2. Trump was used to getting his way, with little to no resistance. He simply isn’t used to having to concern himself with others’ “feelings” or perceptions. He didn’t have to.

3. Trump values money and winning at a level most of us cannot imagine. To him, life is about negotiating the best deal possible, and I think he believes he is amazing at it. He believes he knows how to use the carrot and the stick extremely well. We see him doing it as President over and over.

4. Unlike when he was CEO, he cannot simply order the public to do things his way. And the media attack him 24/7. So he tweets what he wants us to know. And we all know how problematic that can be. This man who became famous worldwide for saying, “You’re fired!”

Thoughts?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, icansayit, SassyLady, Russ thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, icansayit, Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    1. We are seeing the behavior of a man who did not mature in the political realm. Trump did not learn the art of deflection, or finessing the public. We are seeing instead a successful business man who was at the top of his game in a city where power and wealth are everything. Which leads me to my next point

2. Trump was used to getting his way, with little to no resistance. He simply isn’t used to having to concern himself with others’ “feelings” or perceptions. He didn’t have to.

3. Trump values money and winning at a level most of us cannot imagine. To him, life is about negotiating the best deal possible, and I think he believes he is amazing at it. He believes he knows how to use the carrot and the stick extremely well. We see him doing it as President over and over.

4. Unlike when he was CEO, he cannot simply order the public to do things his way. And the media attack him 24/7. So he tweets what he wants us to know. And we all know how problematic that can be. This man who became famous worldwide for saying, “You’re fired!”

Thoughts?
    I think you're basically correct in your observations. Like Obama, I think he has the belief that others will 'fall in line." With Obama it was that the path-of-least-resistance was using the race card or the threat of such. With Trump it is his braggadocio and bullying-whichever works first. For both it worked and works much of the time. For both, resistance or defiance to their own behaviors leads to confusion and temper on their parts, resulting in public shaming-neither deal with that well.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Abbey Marie, SassyLady, Russ, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I think Trump's biggest failing coming into office was that he thought the two parties actually care about Americans and want to do what's best for us, but simply disagreed on how to get there, and that he could quickly make deals.

Failing to realize that those motherfuckers in Congress don't give two shits about the American people.

6. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

Thoughts?
    Yes, these thoughts.
    First, Trump is far far smarter than they-the dem/libs/leftists think he is-- and he uses that to his advantage--the fools still havent caught on.
    Second, true, he has an ego --but so did the obama. The media covered for the obama while they blast Trump every chance they get, even making up crap to do so.
    Third, Trump is not perfect and is a bit impatient but has gotten a lot of things done, while being chided by even his own supporters for not immediately getting it -ALL- done at the snap of the fingers. (nobody could do that)..
    Fourth but not least, he is definitely a patriot, a lover of this nation and certainly hellbent on reversing/stopping/negating some of the great damage done by obama, the dem party , the leftists, their minions and the huge assorted gang of fools/celebrities/ liars, cheats, media bastards, asswipes/traitors/morons that help them.
    Fourth, some of the things he wants to do could only be done in a second term or else he'd not ever get a second term.
    Fifth, I pray he wins and then really cuts loose on the lying,worthless, greedy, corrupt dem bastards and their equally worthless no-good allies...-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

8. Likes LongTermGuy, Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Yes, these thoughts.
    First, Trump is far far smarter than they-the dem/libs/leftists think he is-- and he uses that to his advantage--the fools still havent caught on.
    Second, true, he has an ego --but so did the obama. The media covered for the obama while they blast Trump every chance they get, even making up crap to do so.
    Third, Trump is not perfect and is a bit impatient but has gotten a lot of things done, while being chided by even his own supporters for not immediately getting it -ALL- done at the snap of the fingers. (nobody could do that)..
    Fourth but not least, he is definitely a patriot, a lover of this nation and certainly hellbent on reversing/stopping/negating some of the great damage done by obama, the dem party , the leftists, their minions and the huge assorted gang of fools/celebrities/ liars, cheats, media bastards, asswipes/traitors/morons that help them.
    Fourth, some of the things he wants to do could only be done in a second term or else he'd not ever get a second term.
    Fifth, I pray he wins and then really cuts loose on the lying,worthless, greedy, corrupt dem bastards and their equally worthless no-good allies...-Tyr
    That is an excellent synopsis, @Tyr-Saxnot;943069
    Last edited by Elessar; 09-10-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

10. Thanks icansayit, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

He is Machiavellian in nature .. which is good if his goals are your goals. If not, he will be called ruthless, bully, conniving, reactionary, etc.

It is sad to think how much he could have, can, accomplish if he tones his reactions down.

So, while he does things that make me cringe at times, I do believe he absolutely loves America above and beyond what we've seen from politicians in several decades.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    He is Machiavellian in nature .. which is good if his goals are your goals. If not, he will be called ruthless, bully, conniving, reactionary, etc.

It is sad to think how much he could have, can, accomplish if he tones his reactions down.

So, while he does things that make me cringe at times, I do believe he absolutely loves America above and beyond what we've seen from politicians in several decades.

Well Put Sassy!....And Remember ....Trump beat many smart..smooth..."Polished" people to become President....There is a reason for that....and the American people who saw it and knew it voted for Trump...

Never forget...
    *Trump is the best weapon against the Godless... Insane...suicidal Cancer of Liberalism and the butt-hurt Ignorance and stupidity of the Never-Trumpers....Period.

`How Donald Trump Won the 2016 Election - (TIMELINE)`

Long video but worth it....not biased

13. Thanks Elessar, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I still think these points are true...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

15. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think you're basically correct in your observations. Like Obama, I think he has the belief that others will 'fall in line." With Obama it was that the path-of-least-resistance was using the race card or the threat of such. With Trump it is his braggadocio and bullying-whichever works first. For both it worked and works much of the time. For both, resistance or defiance to their own behaviors leads to confusion and temper on their parts, resulting in public shaming-neither deal with that well.
    Agreed, Kathianne, but I would add the Obama really didn’t have to use the race card or any other card. The media unabashedly slobbered over Obama his entire 8 years. They essentially told us Obama could do now wrong, or maybe it was more like the media defined “right” as whatever Obama had just done. Never before in politics has anyone ever been given as big a Hall Pass as Obama got.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

17. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post