Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
I have to concur. I've often felt and have used such a lesson plan, that when teaching the constitution students should read at least 2 SCOTUS cases with the opinions of both the majority and minority. There is logic behind both, usually. (Exception IMO, the majority in Roe v Wade, but even there, the making up of law is obvious).

I'm not saying that both sides are equally logical, they're usually not, but a logic is there. There are reasons that there are the rare times that SCOTUS overrules its own decisions.

Very true, now in the lower courts, anything goes. I mean when some jack ass federal judge rules that one President can't cancel an EO that another President enacted, for example. It's pretty damn obvious what's going on. But at the Supreme Court level , regardless of what some even who post here would like you to believe the Justices all have some logic behind their votes in MOST cases. I see that a poster or two here is calling RBG a piece of shit, for example, but the reality is she's an intellectual giant and knows far more about the COTUS than those posters could ever dream of knowing, even at her age, let alone when she was in her prime. She simply has a different opinion about the role of the courts than I and many others.