This has to rate as one of the dumbest, or most naive, responses from Trump. Or the most politically appropriate never mind the truth. Of course Israel is spying on us. I'd spy on us. He thinks his administration is going to call a halt to ongoing policy?

His administration was preceded by Obama's. 'Nuff said there. No one knows who is going to follow. Making such a statement IMO is asking us to play dumb and nod our heads.

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 6:27 AM PT — Friday, September 13, 2019

“No, I don’t think the Israelis were spying on us.” — President Trump
President Trump is dismissing a report, which claimed Israel had planted spy devices around the White House. While speaking with reporters Thursday, the president said Israel has no reason to spy on his administration due to his strong relations with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
This comes after Politico reported Israel collected sensitive information about the Trump administration dating back two-years. However, President Trump said Israeli officials would not risk undermining strong mutual ties by attempting such blatant espionage.

“I really would find that hard to believe, my relationship with Israel has been great,” stated the president. “You look at Golan Heights, you look at Jerusalem with moving the embassy to Jerusalem becoming the capital — no I don’t believe that, I wouldn’t believe that story.”
President Trump also highlighted the cooperation between American and Israeli intelligence in tackling common challenges.
https://www.oann.com/president-trump...misses-report/