Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Good Steps In The Right Direction

Two days, two China infiltration stories. Good:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...raudulent-visa

Diplomacy
    US arrests Chinese government employee for alleged fraudulent visa “conspiracy”
    Chinese government employee arrested in US on suspicion of arranging fraudulent visas
    Alleged “conspiracy” brought Chinese to US under false pretenses
    Mark Magnier

Published: 8:57am, 17 Sep, 2019

The case comes as engineers and scientists of Chinese descent fall under growing suspicion by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and other security agencies for espionage and theft of trade secrets even as Chinese-American groups raise concern over excessive crackdowns based on racial profiling.

https://saraacarter.com/birth-touris...ent=&utm_term=

“Birth Tourism” Business: How Chinese Wealthy Pregnant Women Pay To Give Birth in U.S.
    By Staff Writer -September 18, 2019

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

We had mass infiltration attempts by PRC (Peoples Republic of China) by small coastal freighters off shore
    of Mexico back in the 90's.

They were kept offshore by USCG, USN, Mexican, and Canadian vessels until interpreters were brought
    in to hear asylum pleas. 97% were taken into Mexico and flown back to China. The smugglers and enforcers
    were arrested and put in prison.
    Last edited by Elessar; 09-18-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Thanks Kathianne, STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Now it looks as if China's outreach is trying to find every foothold it can secure here,
    whether by this act or by subterfuge.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Now it looks as if China's outreach is trying to find every foothold it can secure here,
    whether by this act or by subterfuge.
    Oh I think it's been going on for decades, but suddenly it seems the government is doing something about it. Credit where it's due.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Look for some arrests from this:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...t-past-the-fda

Another good move by administration, (at least for this time in confrontation mode with China).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This is yet another example of why I believe we MUST endure some short term pain to put a stop to China's bad behavior.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    This is yet another example of why I believe we MUST endure some short term pain to put a stop to China's bad behavior.
    I'm certainly wondering if this push by the Feds isn't part and parcel of deal making. If it continues, then China begins to 'negotiate' and the arrests cease, then we will know that it's just all part of the deep state.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm certainly wondering if this push by the Feds isn't part and parcel of deal making. If it continues, then China begins to 'negotiate' and the arrests cease, then we will know that it's just all part of the deep state.

I believe it's all related. And frankly it's about time the US started using all of it's muscle when dealing with other countries.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I believe it's all related. And frankly it's about time the US started using all of it's muscle when dealing with other countries.
    Two separate issues. Yes, the arrests are correct and should have started 40 years ago.

If these are tokens, to bring China 'to the table,' and then cease, it is just deep state, wanting a bigger piece of the pie.

No other country is quite on this level other than China.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Two separate issues. Yes, the arrests are correct and should have started 40 years ago.

If these are tokens, to bring China 'to the table,' and then cease, it is just deep state, wanting a bigger piece of the pie.

I agree with you that these moves by this administration are long overdue and I would argue that no other administration in our lifetimes would have ever made them. The reason for this is that all other administrations were working hand in glove with the interests of the deep state with regards to China.

These moves are not tokens undertaken by the deep state because they would have never undertaken them in the first place. However, you are correct that these moves have not been made in a vacuum. They are indeed a negotiating tool to get China to the table and some concessions may be made at a future date as part of a comprehensive deal. But these concessions would not be made to placate deep state desires, they would be made to allow China to 'save face' to allow for a larger deal.

Trust me, these moves by this President are far more offensive to the Chinese than any of the tweets he sends out to tweek his political opponents. In the end though, the Chinese are practical people that understand the need for access to the US market and technology. Exchanging some face saving concessions for a basic restructuring of our economic relationship with China is a no brainer and I believe that is exactly what will ultimately happen. Trump has dealt with China successfully as a private businessman for years and I believe he has a good understanding of how hard to push and when to back off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It seems like two separate issues to us, but I assure you that everything China does is one big coordinated attack on us. So yes, this is related to the trade war, as it is related to stealing intellectual property as it is to China taking advantage of our stupid anchor baby laws by flooding this country with birth vacations.

I don't believe these arrests are tokens, I believe they are part of an overall strategy to put a stop to China , and was merely stating that China doing things like this is why we must continue our multi faceted counter attack on China even if that means some short term pain.