Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Official Now: IG Referred Both Comey and McCabe For Possible Indictment

Barr made final decision for Comey thus far. Still waiting on McCabe:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...e-real-scandal

We've lost sight of the real scandal
    BY SHARYL ATTKISSON, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 09/17/19 08:30 AM EDT

What will Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s latest investigation reveal? Will Congress hold hearings about it? Will former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe actually get indicted? After all, it’s said that a motivated prosecutor can “indict a ham sandwich” if he really wants to.

We’re so wrapped up in the daily tick-tock, we could be losing sight of a big picture that’s come into focus over the past two years. For the first time in our nation’s history, an inspector general — one appointed by President Obama — has determined that at least two men who sat in the top spot at the FBI committed multiple violations that warrant possible prosecution. That in itself is a scandal with national implications deserving of headlines, congressional hearings and promises to overhaul a broken system.

Of course, the complicating factor in the whole mess is that the government entities responsible for addressing any wrongdoing are the same ones inextricably tied to the alleged wrongdoing.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) and the FBI employ enough people to populate a mid-sized city — more than 113,000. Both agencies are much more than the top men or women in charge. Even as certain personalities are divested, tentacles run deep; ties cross administrations and party lines. The recent past provides little reason to think this behemoth can always be neutral when it comes to its own. The machine has proven it can move swiftly when it comes to criminal cases against certain politically connected figures for relatively small infractions — but it has shown less commitment when it comes to others.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I certainly hope the bottom falls out on all of these schemes to
    undermine the office of the president. Hopefully some heads will roll
    because of the false narratives published by these self-important
    obstructionists.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I just fail to see how this doesn't scare the bejeezus out of every American. I don't give a flying fuck if it was Hillary Clinton who was railroaded like this by the USG, or Donald Trump, or whomever. In this country we trust our government to act fairly and honestly and that trust has been destroyed .

Here's a fact, if you are complaining about police misusing their authority when it comes to blacks or whatever, and THIS doesn't concern you in the least, you're a dumb shit.

Which I acknowledge, we have a lot of dumb shits in this country, but even scarier we have a lot of people like our own Pete who is not dumb, he's merely dishonest and totally willing to overlook the bad behavior of the FBI and anyone else because "orange man bad" fundamentally Pete knows the FBI and other branches of the USG abused their powers in this investigation.

5. Thanks Elessar, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I just fail to see how this doesn't scare the bejeezus out of every American. I don't give a flying fuck if it was Hillary Clinton who was railroaded like this by the USG, or Donald Trump, or whomever. In this country we trust our government to act fairly and honestly and that trust has been destroyed .

Here's a fact, if you are complaining about police misusing their authority when it comes to blacks or whatever, and THIS doesn't concern you in the least, you're a dumb shit.

Which I acknowledge, we have a lot of dumb shits in this country, but even scarier we have a lot of people like our own Pete who is not dumb, he's merely dishonest and totally willing to overlook the bad behavior of the FBI and anyone else because "orange man bad" fundamentally Pete knows the FBI and other branches of the USG abused their powers in this investigation.
    Indeed. That's been my point all along. My feelings about the President or those who follow him for reasons I do not understand-which aren't just the economy-will not allow me to ignore the criminality of what has and continues to progress.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Indeed. That's been my point all along. My feelings about the President or those who follow him for reasons I do not understand-which aren't just the economy-will not allow me to ignore the criminality of what has and continues to progress.

It's just sad. Not only do many on the left NOT feel that way, they attack obviously liberal people like Alan Dershowhitz who certainly knows more about the law than most people who have been saying "wait a minute, you can't cheer about the law being violated or pretend like it didn't happen simply because you don't like Trump"