Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I am not interested in the timing, nor who the accused is, I am interested in outing corruption.

If it is provable that Johnson used his position to funnel money,and access to a friend of his then he should face the consequences for it.

Johnson was not, and is not, above the law.
    I'm not saying he should be.

But, again, I must ask for greater honesty from you. Your chief interest in 'outing corruption', as you allege may be involved (?) .. is to attack a political adversary. You know it. I know it.

So tell me why you haven't thought it at all significant to wonder at the timing of all this ... so-called 'damning facts' about Boris, emerging ONLY after A DECADE ???

We're supposed to ignore that, are we, not find anything significant, or 'telling', about such an inexplicable delay ? Pull the other one !!

If you're interested in justice for its own sake, Noir, then entertain the idea that all this comes down to calculated smears, timed for maximum political advantage.

Or, if you're instead only interested in bashing Boris, then, ignore that to the best of your ability (as you clearly prefer to), and 'learn nothing' from the fact of that baffling delay.
    Last edited by Drummond; 10-03-2019 at 11:02 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

As expected - more is being found out about Johnson & Arcuri’s relationship.

Leaked emails and other digital data shows that Johnson was a personal reference on Arcuri’s CV in a bid to help her become CEO of the public body TechCity, and that he wrote her a letter of recommendation for the job.

Johnson’s insistence that he was not a friend of Arcuri looking weaker by the day.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

As expected - more is being found out about Johnson & Arcuri’s relationship.

Leaked emails and other digital data shows that Johnson was a personal reference on Arcuri’s CV in a bid to help her become CEO of the public body TechCity, and that he wrote her a letter of recommendation for the job.

Johnson’s insistence that he was not a friend of Arcuri looking weaker by the day.
    I refer you to:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...081#post944081

As you've said .. you 'don't care' about the timing of all of this. Sure you don't. Boris, at what's probably THE most critical time of Brexit negotiations, is suddenly seeing all this sleaze being left at his doorstep. Allegations A DECADE old, and only right NOW is this issue (if, indeed, it genuinely IS one ..) receiving attention.

Never before now, but ... now. Only now.

The timing, which you don't care about, shows us that the motivations of those responsible for bringing this to the fore are highly political, are very far removed from 'meritorious' .. and are designed to further the success of the anti-democratic machinations that Boris's political opposition are doing their best to enjoy in the Commons.

But .. you're blind to that. It isn't an issue for you .. 'strangely'. Moves designed to neutralise any actions taken by a leading politician to act as accountable and loyal to a democratic vote, taken in 2016, none of that is of concern to you. Only hyping up sleaze allegations, is.

The death of democracy in the House of Commons, where politicians follow their agendas, and nobody else's .. like, for example ... oh, I dunno ... THE VOTING PUBLIC, FOR EXAMPLE ?????? ..... that's OK to you ? Not worth criticism, NOT grounds for any concern ?

There can be no doubt of it, then. You are a Leftie, and I claim my £5.00 ....
    Last edited by Drummond; 10-06-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I refer you to:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...081#post944081

As you've said .. you 'don't care' about the timing of all of this.
    Correct.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Correct.
    Correct, in answer to all of my post, I'm sure.

Yours, then, was an 'attack dog' piece, designed to attack an adversary. You agree that all you care about is launching that attack.

Some of us, Noir, aspire to higher motivations. I pass no judgment over Boris's culpability over the Arcuri business ... I can't know what is or is not true, right now. I certainly DO know, though (because it's blindingly obvious) that political opportunism is what motivates all this surfacing, NOW.

I say that there are issues involved of considerably greater importance than just Arcuri's involvement with Boris Johnson. How about ... Boris's commitment to dedicate himself to keeping democratic accountability alive in Parliament, for example ? You don't think the health of democracy in the UK is of far greater importance ?

I'd guess ... not. But, tell me if I'm wrong. Tell me that you have a moral compass which permits you to see the vital importance of democratic integrity. Tell me that the Left is WRONG to ride roughshod over election results not happening to be of its liking.

TRY.