Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default From a Retired NAVY of the U.S.

That MILITARY TIMES rag, is not supported by, or endorsed by the U.S.Military. It is, and has been a known, leftist looking propaganda machine...coming from 'FORMER MILITARY", unhappy, Trump Hating members who DO NOT REPRESENT ALL OF OUR MILITARY.

FORMER MEMBERS of the Military...from the Dept. of Defense, and in the Pentagon...ARE FORMER for a reason.
    Many of them worshipped OBAMA. The same man who got rid of...197 Flag Officers.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...rged-by-obama/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rals-commandi/

https://www.militarytimes.com/

At the bottom of the Military Times page is this 'disclaimer' https://www.militarytimes.com © 2019 Sightline Media Group
    Not A U.S. Government Publication
    Last edited by icansayit; 10-16-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    White House has now released the letter.

Is this actually an admission that he really thought Erdogan would not do what even I knew he would? I mean really? I have nothing going for me but a bit of courses and commonsense. I certainly don't have angry generals and concerned long time state department experts telling me not to trust this guy.

If that's the truth though, with a bit of 'learned that lesson' ala JFK and Bay of Pigs, not a problem.
    FOX reports that Erdogan claims to have trashed the letter:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/erdoga...tter-bin-trash

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Might be nothing, might be something:

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2...-syria/160645/

“We just have less eyes on the ground to know for sure what is happening,” said one senior defense official.
    For the better part of a year, Defense and State Department officials have been issuing dire warnings about the risk that thousands of captured ISIS fighters could escape from a network of makeshift prisons dotted across rebel-held territory in northern and eastern Syria.
    Now, as the United States carries out a sudden and unplanned withdrawal from the country, senior officials across government say that the U.S. has no real idea how many fighters have already escaped amid the fierce fighting between Turkey and Kurdish fighters that Washington previously backed in the fight against ISIS.
    “Nobody does,” a senior government official involved in the issue told Defense One.
    The fear is that large-scale breakouts will allow ISIS, which survives in sleeper cells hidden among the population in Iraq and Syria, will be able to reconstitute itself with the return of experienced fighters to the battlefield. Last month, ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi ordered his followers to accelerate efforts to free fighters.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

No answer to that. My question to all those who agree with the too long wars, Middle East is a yawn. When do we get out of Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, troops in Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Oman, etc. Shouldn't it be total, not just a freaking 28 that were just moved or the special ops that weren't? Get the freaking planes and get them the hell out.

I believe Trump would like to get completely the hell out of the ME, but how can he Kath? That's a serious question, his own fucking party shit their pants and publicly trashed him for moving 50 guys out of northern Syria, can you imagine the uproar if he said "We're out of Aghanistan, and that's from his own party, you of course know how the Democrats would react "This jeopardizes our national security!!" X 1000.

And as I've been trying to tell you this is the REAL reason the Deep State hates Trump and have been trying to get him out of office since he won the election . There are a lot of people making a lot of money by keeping us in perpetual war. Those people OWN Washington DC. Yes, in theory Trump in the CinC and could just start issuing orders and relieving flag officers of their commands if they didn't follow through, but in reality it's not that simple.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yes, Trump Is Right to Withdraw from Syria and Let Turkey Deal With the PKK

When Donald Trump ran for president, he made it clear that he wanted to end "Endless Wars." He wanted to bring American troops home and opposed the very notion of American Empire.

Strangely, now that he's doing what he promised on the campaign trail, political insiders are all upset. How can he withdraw from Syria? The Kurds! They are being abandoned! The U.S. should have stayed to "protect" them, these analysts and politicians argue. For how long? Well, that's a question they'd rather not answer.

Trump is right to withdraw the troops from Syria. They were there to defeat ISIS. That mission has been accomplished. It is not America's job to remake the Middle East -- to give this or that people their own nation-state, and then to protect them for, well, the rest of time. America's foreign policy should be aimed at protecting its own interests. Those interests have been taken care of. Now it's time to withdraw and let people in the Middle East decide their own future (and present).

What's more, the "allies" Trump supposedly turned "his back on" are actually members of an internationally recognized terrorist organization. The PKK and its affiliated branches -- all those "Kurdish groups" in Syria are branches of the PKK -- have been responsible for many thousands, even tens of thousands of deaths. Turkish members of the security forces and Turkish civilians have been murdered by these Marxist-Leninist thugs.

The International Crisis Group is keeping track of the death toll in "the conflict" between Turkey and the PKK. The numbers speak for themselves. The PKK -- constantly referred to as simply "the Kurds" by their fanboys in the West -- is one of the most deadly and destructive terror organizations in the world. Just look at this while keeping in mind that TAK is the PKK branch responsible for terrorism in the western part of Turkey:

While the bulk of the PKK conflict has remained highly localised in the country’s majority Kurdish south east, since January 2016 violence has increasingly spread to the west of Turkey. Two bombings by TAK struck Ankara on 17 February and 13 March 2016, killing a total of 38 civilians and 28 security officials. A TAK suicide bomber also detonated herself outside of the Great Mosque in Bursa, a city in north west Turkey, injuring thirteen on 27 April. This was followed by a May 2016 attack in Istanbul’s Sancaktepe district that narrowly missed a bus full of police. TAK also claimed responsibility for a car bomb attack on a police bus on 7 June in central Vezneciler district of Istanbul killing seven police officers and four civilians.
    And:

Between 1 February and 19 July 2016, of the 312 security force members killed, 150 were victims of improvised explosive device (IED) attacks (48 per cent), while in the four months prior (October 2015-January 2016) of the total of 115 security force deaths, 33 were from IED attacks (29 per cent). This suggests the PKK is engaging in more high-profile attacks, killing more security forces with single IED attacks, which has resulted in an increase in monthly security force casualties since March 2016 (a daily average of 1.8 between March 2016 and June 2016; compared to a daily average of 1.3 between November 2015 and February 2016).
    Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...-with-the-pkk/

This one can go in many ways. Many folks with many positions in many areas. One size doesn't fit all.

Trump Blasts Democrats: They Always Opposed Endless Wars Until I Withdrew from Syria

It's truly amazing to see how passionately Democrats are suddenly supporting the idea of American Empire: a worldwide presence of U.S. troops, with a focus on the Middle East. For decades, Democrats said they opposed endless wars, but from the very moment Trump became president the party's leaders have become more hawkish than George W. Bush (of all people).

President Trump has noticed this too. "I am the only person who can fight for the safety of our troops & bring them home from the ridiculous & costly Endless Wars, and be scorned," he writes on Twitter. "Democrats always liked that position, until I took it. Democrats always liked Walls, until I built them. Do you see what's happening here?"

I am the only person who can fight for the safety of our troops & bring them home from the ridiculous & costly Endless Wars, and be scorned. Democrats always liked that position, until I took it. Democrats always liked Walls, until I built them. Do you see what’s happening here?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 17, 2019
    Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/trump-b...ithdrew-syria/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Pence and Pompeo Secure Cease-Fire Agreement Between Kurds and Turkey

On Thursday afternoon, Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced they have reached a cease-fire agreement between Turkey and Kurds, following a meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

VP Pence: "I know the president is very grateful for President Erdogan's willingness to step forward to enact this cease fire & to give an opportunity for a peaceful solution of this conflict that commenced one week ago. For my part, I'm grateful for the president's leadership." pic.twitter.com/1oSAIHUZhr

— The Hill (@thehill) October 17, 2019
    "It will be a pause in military operation for 120 hours, while the United States facilitates the withdrawal of YPG (the People's Protection Units) from the affected areas in the safe zone. And once that is completed, Turkey has agreed to a permanent ceasefire and the United States of America will work with Turkey — will work with nations around the world — to make sure peace and stability are the order of the day in this safe zone," Pence said during a press conference.

The significance of this agreement should not be understated. Prior to this announcement, Politico was dismissing the possibility of diplomatic progress as "impossible."

From the outset, the mission had long odds.

President Donald Trump dispatched Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo here to the Turkish capital to try to persuade Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to reverse his assault on northeastern Syria — an assault Trump himself conceded was a long time coming.

But when they landed Thursday afternoon to the news that the Turkish premier tossed a letter from Trump in the trash, the task seemed to border on impossible.
    Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/pence-a...ds-and-turkey/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks LongTermGuy, icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Pence and Pompeo Secure Cease-Fire Agreement Between Kurds and Turkey

On Thursday afternoon, Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced they have reached a cease-fire agreement between Turkey and Kurds, following a meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

"It will be a pause in military operation for 120 hours, while the United States facilitates the withdrawal of YPG (the People's Protection Units) from the affected areas in the safe zone. And once that is completed, Turkey has agreed to a permanent ceasefire and the United States of America will work with Turkey — will work with nations around the world — to make sure peace and stability are the order of the day in this safe zone," Pence said during a press conference.

The significance of this agreement should not be understated. Prior to this announcement, Politico was dismissing the possibility of diplomatic progress as "impossible."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/pence-a...ds-and-turkey/

​Oh No!!! Bad news for the Trump haters and Never TRUMPERS!

10. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

The arsonist puts out the fire. Hurrah! Except Turkey has gotten everything it always wanted. Did you guys even read the loose agreement?
    Last edited by pete311; 10-17-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    The arsonist puts out the fire. Hurrah! Except Turkey has gotten everything it always wanted. Did you guys even read the loose agreement?
    As you did to me in another thread and brought up a past presidency.... I did a cursory search to see where you stood on issues with the Kurds while Obama was in office, you know, since you said you cared and all. The level of concern is a bit different, as in crickets.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Letter to him from @POTUS
    "was not in line with diplomatic and political courtesy. We will not forget this lack of respect. This is not a priority for us. But when the time comes we would like it to be known that we will take the necessary steps," says @RTErdogan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

White House has now released the letter.

Is this actually an admission that he really thought Erdogan would not do what even I knew he would? I mean really? I have nothing going for me but a bit of courses and commonsense. I certainly don't have angry generals and concerned long time state department experts telling me not to trust this guy.

If that's the truth though, with a bit of 'learned that lesson' ala JFK and Bay of Pigs, not a problem.

Erdogan is still complaining, along with much of Turkish diplomats. That takes balls, considering he got everything he wanted:

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...s-letter-sent/