Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default US Sells Out Kurds To Turkey

Great message for future allies in bad neighborhoods. Kurds did most of the work getting rid of ISIS in Iraq/Syria, the so called 'destruction of Caliphate.' Now we let Turkey take over not only the prisoners we took, but overrun the Kurds.

Wow, just great foreign policy and makes all the blood & treasure that was spent a waste.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-turkey...hiff-impeached

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

When Kilmeade goes against Trump you know it's bad. This is a distraction attempt and it's gonna work because this is absolutely heinous. Make the kurds do all the work aganst ISIS and then abandon them to be slaughtered. Makes me absolutely sick. I've been to Irbil and the kurds are good US friendly people (yes I know only the border Kurds will be killed).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Great message for future allies in bad neighborhoods. Kurds did most of the work getting rid of ISIS in Iraq/Syria, the so called 'destruction of Caliphate.' Now we let Turkey take over not only the prisoners we took, but overrun the Kurds.

Wow, just great foreign policy and makes all the blood & treasure that was spent a waste.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-turkey...hiff-impeached

I know Trump wants out of Syria altogether, but this is wrong.

5. Likes Kathianne, hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

They been fighting with each other forever ...AND....(just to be clear)koran readers will always fight among themselves...Take the troops out and just leave some "eyes and ears" there and bomb them whenever need be (setting them back)

We had troops there long enough......They have lied and screwed us long enough while taking our money and shooting our troops in the back of the head (letting us think they were our friends and fighting along with us)....We all heard and read the stories)!!!

**Dont let the.... (anti-Trump looking for a story haters fool you) we already know their end-game...

*Just an opinion "Ladies" and Gentlemen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The Kurds did most of the fighting and have mostly taken command of the isis prisoners. We are selling them out to the Turks

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The Kurds did most of the fighting and have mostly taken command of the isis prisoners. We are selling them out to the Turks
    Let's be clear, if given the green light, it will be genocide. This is a wet dream for Turkey.
    Last edited by pete311; 10-07-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    They been fighting with each other forever ...AND....(just to be clear)koran readers will always fight among themselves...Take the troops out and just leave some "eyes and ears" there and bomb them whenever need be (setting them back)

We had troops there long enough......They have lied and screwed us long enough while taking our money and shooting our troops in the back of the head (letting us think they were our friends and fighting along with us)....We all heard and read the stories)!!!

**Dont let the.... (anti-Trump looking for a story haters fool you) we already know their end-game...

*Just an opinion "Ladies" and Gentlemen

Just a stupid opinion. The Kurds have never screwed us. And even if they had , we absolutely have the power to keep them from being slaughtered by the Turks.

And that is exactly what it would be, a slaughter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Let's be clear, if given the green light, it will be genocide. This is a wet dream for Turkey.
    Let's be clear. You don't care about the Kurds. If Trump said "I'm sending in 5,000 troops to make it clear to Turkey that we won't stand by and watch them slaughter the Kurds" you would be railing about that too.

11. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I don’t believe what I’m reading. Has trump given any sort of explanation as to why he is abandoning the Kurds? The manor in which it is being done would seem to be unwanted by both interventionists and anti-interventionists.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm 100% against, I was never big on bailing. Go in it to win it, or don't go in at all.

But what is the plan here? We can't go to war with Turkey, and we can't stay there forever. So if we stay to protect the Kurds, then what is the plan and when do the troops get to go home? Or is it stay and protect forever? I need to know what the alternate plans are.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Let's be clear. You don't care about the Kurds. If Trump said "I'm sending in 5,000 troops to make it clear to Turkey that we won't stand by and watch them slaughter the Kurds" you would be railing about that too.
    Yup, always bad if we do ANYTHING militarily. Then we need to get out of here and there. But then if we DO leave anywhere, it's a complaint. So yeah, I agree, there is no care here about the Kurds, this is more about getting to trash Trump for something to him.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

15. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yup, always bad if we do ANYTHING militarily. Then we need to get out of here and there. But then if we DO leave anywhere, it's a complaint. So yeah, I agree, there is no care here about the Kurds, this is more about getting to trash Trump for something to him.
    You couldn't convince me that we couldn't pressure the Turks to leave the Kurds be without having troops in Syria. That's what I don't get.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    You couldn't convince me that we couldn't pressure the Turks to leave the Kurds be without having troops in Syria. That's what I don't get.
    I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in that area or to have the answers. I do know that we can't have another war, and we can't stay there forever. But we also shouldn't be getting allies killed, and also our troops should always come number one. So I don't like the decision but I don't know the answers. The left will pretend to have them here, but they don't. But I also don't think we should leave until we have an answer at this point.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in that area or to have the answers. I do know that we can't have another war, and we can't stay there forever. But we also shouldn't be getting allies killed, and also our troops should always come number one. So I don't like the decision but I don't know the answers. The left will pretend to have them here, but they don't. But I also don't think we should leave until we have an answer at this point.
    '

If Trump just leaves the Kurds to be slaughtered, this will be another of those unforced errors Im always going on about.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if some asshole judge doesn't issue an order saying Trump can't withdraw US troops from Syria anyway.

BTW from a strategic US standpoint keeping say 5,000 US troops in Syria makes a hell of a lot more sense than keeping ANY US troops in Germany. I'm just saying.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Seems there's lots of hand-wringing and moaning this morning over Trump's wish to pull out of Syria. Hysterical posts about abandoning the Kurds to the meat grinder are pretty silly, IMO, and definitely premature.

I'm quite sure that there will be safeguards protecting the Kurds when we do eventually pull out. And let's be realistic here - we will have to pull out of that country at some point. We still have reach into Syria any time we want it with air assets - has everyone forgotten the strikes that mauled Syria despite the vaunted Russian antiaircraft defenses?

We have real time recon on the area and the ability to devastate anyone misbehaving, without having boots on the ground as a meat shield.

The Kurds have a large population in northern Iraq, right across the border. If I were a Kurd, I think I'd probably head that way if I were feeling a bit vulnerable - but the Iraqi Kurds are safe despite not having our soldiers acting as their meat shield - the threat of our aviation forces is good enough to keep the local savages from attacking them.

As far as the ISIS prisoners go, I say let the Turks have them with our compliments. I'm quite sure that they'll be eliminated with gusto and good riddance.

So before everyone goes too much further with hysteria, how about we wait to see what the President has planned for a withdrawal before jumping to conclusions?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

20. Thanks STTAB, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Abbey Marie liked this post